Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Stormy Period Inbound...

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

Ah, righty-Ho. I can share only a past (now 24hr old) E4 prognosis, as not allowed to do so with current one (watch BBC for latest version). But you get the distributional idea we are running with (this prognosis to 00z Weds). I've cut the scale off, because we aren't running with the raw output on amounts and wouldn't want it taken literally. Ditto distribution nuances, not least as this isn't the current output!

......but light blue = 6 inches Fergie? ;)

Posted

Ah, righty-Ho. I can share only a past (now 24hr old) E4 prognosis, as not allowed to do so with current one (watch BBC for latest version). But you get the distributional idea we are running with (this prognosis to 00z Weds). I've cut the scale off, because we aren't running with the raw output on amounts and wouldn't want it taken literally. Ditto distribution nuances, not least as this isn't the current output!

thanks for that fergie! ! Hopefully it upgrades in the next update and a wider area has accumulative snowfall! !
  • Like 2

Posted

Pleasant by day,cold at night almost Springlike anticyclonic February your favoured option fergie?

Think it will depend on the flow: if the high is centred to the South, then perhaps, if it's a little further West, we could be in the colder flow, one presumes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Ah, righty-Ho. I can share only a past (now 24hr old) E4 prognosis, as not allowed to do so with current one (watch BBC for latest version). But you get the distributional idea we are running with (this prognosis to 00z Weds). I've cut the scale off, .....because we aren't running with the raw output on amounts and wouldn't want it taken literally. Ditto distribution nuances, not least as this isn't the current output!

I take it the blue bits are rain?.

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Think it will depend on the flow: if the high is centred to the South, then perhaps, if it's a little further West, we could be in the colder flow, one presumes.

Were still in the time of year when 1020mb+ will likely be enough to deliver an inversion unless we get a stellar flow like 98.

Still, I don't mind dry and sunny.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/Thunderstorms

12z NMM showing a trough moving eastwards over Northern/Central areas during Tuesday afternoon, looks like some places will see some snow however most likely will be confined to higher ground depending on intensity (hope I'm wrong).

We then see a few disturbances as we head into Wednesday further South, these charts correlate well with Ian F's exclusive snow map.

nmmuk-1-51-0.png?11-18

nmmuk-1-63-0.png?11-18

Doesnt appear to be any countrywide snow events on the horizon, however some people could see there first snow of the winter.

Edited by vizzy2004
  • Like 2

Posted

There seems to be no escaping the mid-week storm now,with the ECM having it a touch further south than yesterday.

post-2839-0-72594200-1420999863_thumb.gi

• Like 1

Posted

The trough Tuesday pm coming into range on the Netwx-SR now - looks like it could get pretty interesting into parts of the SW and the midlands as it heads inland!

post-2-0-38999200-1421000612_thumb.png

The storm weds/thurs is still catching the eye though....

• Like 7

Posted

The ECM sequence for the storm Weds.  Winds 900mbs

18z Weds Low 956mb NW of Ireland with SW winds Irish Sea and west Wales and Cornwall 70+ kts.

00z Thurs Low just off Northern Ireland 957mb strong wind band now SE quarter of England into North Sea 65+kts

06z Low Thurso with strong westerlies over the UK and front with very strong winds approaching Denmark.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Exciting weather!

A few comments earlier rubbished those gfs snow charts i posted but it's interesting to note the updated met office 3-5 day has mentioned snow to low ground on Tuesday. And where the trough lines occur there could be a surprising amount of snow in a short space of time. Things are really cranking up now, we have a wintry Tuesday, a stormy midweek and then another cold blast later in the week..this is more than I could have hoped for considering how poor the models were looking a week ago.

...........I think the charts have looked interesting for this coming week since New Year Frosty. GFS has certainly been keen on this storm midweek since it came into T300s, but was showing more of a ridge of HP for the end of the week.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold or very hot

I can imagine the mountains of snowdonia would get quite a bit of snow from the setup.???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Boy the ecm.looks like a slider snowfest across england! ! 850s look good aswell!!

not enough heights to the north for that, generally a flat pattern, wouldn't rule some wet snow out for our locations mind you

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather events and always love snow

Azores high furthest west i have seen for a really really long time on ecm 240hrs

ECH1-240.GIF?11-0

could that low aproaching the uk disrupt further to the south!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Yes, that chart only to 12z Tues (E4 goes much further but I don't know how far run extends on public access). Later Tues is when the colder air spreads south. So the 12z Tues frame not wholly representative of the key sequence. I hope to offer an update later.

Yes, very much so. From my understanding and sources, EURO4 only goes to T48 in public domain though, hence why I couldn't use it any further.

Tuesday night looks like the peak of any wintry activity, especially for West Country, SW Moors, South Midlands etc where a small covering of snow can't be ruled out by dawn Wednesday.

• Like 1