Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

My best London snowfall ever...oh I can dream

If only we could have a scandi high like that.

Speaking of Scandi highs, there could be signs of one becoming more influential as we move into February.

Last netweather monthly forecast for this winter.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=monthly;sess=

• Like 1

0800 hrs MO app has a snow symbol whooo lol it will be gone soon im sure:-)

im not far from you & MO is saying rain for me at 0800 . It was showing snow yesterday for me but not today ,gutted X

• Like 1

Thank you , yes i have my warmth now, i can feel my fingers, went to bed fully clothed and with 2 bath robes on and a hat, cant fathom out why on earth im single :cc_confused:  :yahoo:  

:) Brill

• Like 1

Just had another look just incase my eyes were playing games but its still there, suppose its a wait and see game.MO had a few snow symbols for my area last week but then went to rain again :-)

Poor old Steve, even when he doesn't post people are reading between the lines in terms of why! He does have a job, family etc - so more likely that than anything weather related :D

Nice one Paul. Haha. We all are weather enthusiast here. But life dictates. Let's just watch the models / MetO forecasts and see what happens. This website is full of other great posters follow them as well. Even though I do enjoy SM posts as they are relevant to our region. Come back Steve :-) Edited by LeighD

Wednesday last chance saloon for some snow for those who haven't seen any (including me!) ... and all I can say is messy!

BBC forecast, snow lottery, pfffttt!

post-1052-0-35000200-1421698210_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-46443600-1421698255_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-51147400-1421698274_thumb.pn

NMM:

post-1052-0-02419500-1421698349_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-65973500-1421698371_thumb.pn

GFS:

post-1052-0-24351900-1421699648_thumb.gipost-1052-0-63622200-1421699665_thumb.gi

Take your pick, any of them could be right! But at least all the graphics have one thing in common, they show a risk of snow in most of the SE and E Anglia, the further north of London the better, so northern Home counties probably doing best to see the white stuff, a mess for London and counties south.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 3

for anyone has hasn't seen it yet, here's a link to the NetWeather forecast for February courtesy of TWS............full of eastern promise!  :cold:  :clap:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=monthly;sess=

Thanks for this AJ, little bit confused as to where the signals for Northern blocking are coming from for Feb ?

• Like 1

Wednesday last chance saloon for some snow for those who haven't seen any (including me!) ... and all I can say is messy!

BBC forecast, snow lottery, pfffttt!

attachicon.gifbbc_0500.pngattachicon.gifbbc_1100.pngattachicon.gifbbc_1500.png

NMM:

attachicon.gifnmmuk-1-36-0.pngattachicon.gifnmmuk-1-37-0.png

GFS:

attachicon.gifGFS33-574UK.gifattachicon.gifGFS36-574UK.gif

Take your pick, any of them could be right! But at least all the graphics have one thing in common, they show a risk of snow in most of the SE and E Anglia, the further north of London the better, so northern Home counties probably doing best to see the white stuff, a mess for London and counties south.

Well, there was the slightest dusting over the Hogs Back this morning.  However, I really hope to see something a bit more substantial tomorrow night which looks to be the last chance of this cold spell.  Darren Bett looks happy with that forecast!

• Like 1

Interesting these rogue snow showers, that pop up with some intensity, and then die fairly quickly. Must be some instability up above - very localised. GFS shows convection/ppn due to instability over the North Sea...

• Like 1

snowing now in mid norfolk  heavy at times

snowing now in mid norfolk  heavy at times

yep let you off just checked me rain alarm big red dot in North Norfolk!

I do not see anything on the radar? :cc_confused:

Some reports of this over on The Midlands thread too - have seen this quite a few times in the last few years. I remember being back at uni in Cheltenham and having half a CM of snow outside having fallen through the night and nothing at all showing on radar. I'm sure theres an explanation, possibly just too fine for radar to pick up.

Worth keeping an eye on those lamp-posts though.

SK

• Like 1