Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Great to hear this guys, just checked the meto for Ware (up the road from me) and showing sleet starting tomorrow and light snow from wednesday night to friday morning. I might save the image and 'bank' it on my desktop. :)

When you say meto who do you mean ? Just looked at met office for ware and it doesn't match your forecast.

I tend to take this forecast (my pic) with a very fine pinch of salt, none of the what I call 'main' forecasts are even close to it. In fact I have yet to see any they really agree with each other, really.

Edited by Dami

Is Ware in Hertfordshire?

The BBC shows light snow Wednesday from 12:00 to 18:00... Also light Snow Tuesday 05:00

But take them with a pinch of salt but good to see none the less

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Is Ware in Hertfordshire?

The BBC shows light snow Wednesday from 12:00 to 18:00... Also light Snow Tuesday 05:00

But take them with a pinch of salt but good to see none the less

There's not going to be much snow if indeed any at all....so I suggest the last thing you want to do is take it with a pinch of salt as that would be enough to melt any we do get! :)

I use METO iPhone App and before anyone says it's useless, I have found it to be quite a good guide. In particular the predicted rainfall.

Edited by Hammer

When you say meto who do you mean ? Just looked at met office for ware and it doesn't match your forecast.

When you say tomato I say toMETOe :D

Sorry just trying to add some light hearted humour to get us all in a good mood for when the next lot of models knock us back LOL

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Latest BBC forecast think it will only be rain when that system reaches us On Wednesday, maybe alittle sleet at best, so quite disappointing, then by Friday temps up to 5c with a milder SW wind.

So low confidence for our region regarding anything wintery.

MetO has my area now for light snow most of Wednesday which I'm sure will change back to cloud and light rain like it did last weekend. Wednesday is so far away in weather terms, but it's nice to see, just as it's nice to see lightning in the for forecast come summer =)

Edited by Dami

Another pony winter for kent.  Occasionally cold, occasionally windy, occasionally sunny but on the whole the majority has been mild, damp and grey.  Am convinced the models keep trying to bring change from the norm and then spend 2 - 7 days working out why it's not going to happen. 

Wish I could move!

Another pony winter for kent.  Occasionally cold, occasionally windy, occasionally sunny but on the whole the majority has been mild, damp and grey.  Am convinced the models keep trying to bring change from the norm and then spend 2 - 7 days working out why it's not going to happen. 

Wish I could move!

If you base that just on Winter then yes you may want to move to the Highlands.

I actually like our micro climate as we do get a bit of everything compared to most.

• Like 1

Afternoon All,

Some dark could have gathered I wonder if they will produce anything?

Going to look at the models and see where we are :)

Very knife edge!

post-19153-0-86353500-1421682502_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 3

little something over the SE here

http://modeles2.meteociel.fr/modeles_gfs/runs/2015011912/36-779UK.GIF?19-12

Guys, my text box has gone faded and won't allow me to directly put in the image, is there a way to fix this? started to do it from lunchtime

Edited by Kent Blizzard

These forecasts are very like my early teens walking home from school hoping the clouds i could see were snow clouds. Reminded me how it was when I was on the school walk this afternoon. Cold enough to see my breath with grey/orange clouds. Didn't snow ofc.