Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Posted

At the moment, the ukmet models have the se down for rain and hill sleet/wet snow on wed. However, as we've seen in the past, things can change with marginal situations.

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Snow!

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Very thick frost here , current temp -0.1 cloud just arriving , we haven't had a frost this thick for a long time

Posted

It's snoooowing.... well have not said those words in a few years... can I say them again.

IT's SNOOOOWING :yahoo:

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

00z continues theme for SE seeing snow weds.

I'll be back at the 12z

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

I wouldn't pay much heed to meto or bbc especially till this afternoon, it is in nobodies interest to call snow if they are not relatively certain, they probably want another run or two to make that call.

• Like 2
    Posted

Hi everyone

what an awfully bland and dismal morning here in Thanet (no change there some would say), anyway a total lack of snow this winter so far and looks to stay that way possibly as over on the mod thread there are people writing of this cold spell by next weekend and back to milder air, time will tell if they are correct, oh well back to the window watching and fingers crossed !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

It's snoooowing.... well have not said those words in a few years... can I say them again.

IT's SNOOOOWING :yahoo:

I'm about 2 miles from you and it's not snowing here :/

Posted

Brrr it is cold --11.6C in Highlands, wednesday is definitely one to watch. :)

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Plant pot gritter`s obviously didn`t come out last night. Going to have to try and clear it myself, I could be gone some time....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Well I must of had a tiny snow shower last night woken up to the slightest of sprinklings this morning!!!

Posted

I'm about 2 miles from you and it's not snowing here :/

It was literally a 3 minute shower. The radar was showing a very light area of precip. Blink and you missed it. Still I got to say.... I saw a few flakes  :)

Posted

This weeks prospects now 2/10 from a 3/10

If Steve Murr says that the SE is right in the snow zone for Wednesday, then it will be

I can't recall the last thing he got wrong

Keep the faith, it's coming

Edited by John Snow
    • Like 3
    Posted

Purely looking at data fed to METO iPhone app (at this time), seems locations like Hitchin, Dunstable well placed for Wednesday morning, from this regions perspective and IMHO.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

If Steve Murr says that the SE is right in the snow zone for Wednesday, then it will be

I can't recall the last thing he got wrong

Keep the faith, it's coming

I think Steve Murr is top notch, sticks his neck out with detailed posts that are against the thoughts of many other respected posters but sticks to his guns. I have learnt more from him than lets say Tamara as I cannot compute that language.

From my observations SM is the UK`s Joe Bastardi, goes against the grain but with substance to back it up.

Anyway John in response to your post, he also said he expected a shift/correction SW which would make the SE more marginal? so hopefully he will clarify today. I presume it is the potential wrap around from the channel low.

Ugh, I feel ill.

• Like 4
    Posted

I think Steve Murr is top notch, sticks his neck out with detailed posts that are against the thoughts of many other respected posters but sticks to his guns. I have learnt more from him than lets say Tamara as I cannot compute that language.

From my observations SM is the UK`s Joe laminate floori, goes against the grain but with substance to back it up.

Anyway John in response to your post, he also said he expected a shift/correction SW which would make the SE more marginal? so hopefully he will clarify today. I presume it is the potential wrap around from the channel low.

Ugh, I feel ill.

I take more notice of Steve's posts than I do anyone else's tbh

He called Feb 2009 streamer absolutely perfectly, 24hrs before he also said the town where the sweet spot would be and how much the region would get, a day before the met even put out a red warning, sure enough the totals he predicted were near enough spot on and the Downs of Banstead, his sweet spot, got 17"

Steve should be chief forecaster of the Met

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the apps, they are ok as a guide but for me recently it's been wrong upto about 6hrs prior especially on the rare times it has shown a snow symbol.

Nice to see some witnessing a flake or two :-)

Now for a look at the MO thread :-P

Edited by Kent Blizzard
    Posted

In fairness METO predictive PPN which you can find within their app is pretty useful and a decent guide. Albeit yes like any prediction doesn't mean it is 100%.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to the apps, they are ok as a guide but for me recently it's been wrong upto about 6hrs prior especially on the rare times it has shown a snow symbol.

Nice to see some of witnessing a flake or two :-)

Now for a look at the MO thread :-P