Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

-1.6c here with dewpoint of -2.6c and I'm 200 metres from town centre.

Just got back from brancaster beach and car showing -1c at beach car park. Did hit -3c on rural roads on way back.

Hope the shower's make it into Norfolk tonight!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Very confused about snow chances in my area - every place I look is forecasting differently so absolutely clueless about what is going on

Maybe snow Wednesday from what I am seeing ?

Think you will find no one is sure what it will do now let alone tomorrow or in two days time.

Frost appears to have gone here now.

Posted

Think you will find no one is sure what it will do now let alone tomorrow or in two days time.

Frost appears to have gone here now.

Cloudy over that way eh?

Clear skies here and a heavy frost! Would rather the cloudy skies to save me 10 mins in the morning!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Car is covered in frost. About -3°C out in the sticks.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted

Yellow warning issued for snow/ice for north sea coastal districts. Wasn't expecting that tonight

Not surprised

SW in dreaded mild sector thankfully this region is good to go going by GFS 18z it remains snow throughout and for quite a duration - it seems to stall to the E of Britain unfortunately Norfolk misses out entirely, very snowy run indeed. It would keep many in here happy- but sadly it looks some will miss out.

post-19153-0-72393500-1421619075_thumb.jpost-19153-0-16616200-1421619187_thumb.jpost-19153-0-52689100-1421619205_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

Cloudy over that way eh?

Clear skies here and a heavy frost! Would rather the cloudy skies to save me 10 mins in the morning!!!!

Good point, just had to go outside and look, and yes it appears to have clouded over, hard to tell from inside.  still cold out, but does not feel as bitter as it did a few hours ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Thursday

post-17424-0-95000300-1421619745_thumb.p

Light north easterly wind

We have another trough disturbance. So there might be a chance of wintry showers pushing into eastern parts of the region.

Temperature - 2-5C

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Currently -2.8C here in north west Kent.. Accurate as local station used by met office.. Much colder than predicated.

Do you have clear skies ? Cloudy here 1c (so far warmer then predicted)

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Good point, just had to go outside and look, and yes it appears to have clouded over, hard to tell from inside.  still cold out, but does not feel as bitter as it did a few hours ago.

Yeah here in St Neots the temp has risen during the evening.

It was freezing quickly at 6pm with temps down to -1.5c but then cloud rolled in and temp is a balmy +2c

So much for the coldest night of the year, it just proves....they can't predict anything correctly can they, even within a few hours.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

-3 here, very frosty and ive still no heating, im surprised im still alive

• Like 1

Posted

Not surprised

SW in dreaded mild sector thankfully this region is good to go going by GFS 18z it remains snow throughout and for quite a duration - it seems to stall to the E of Britain unfortunately Norfolk misses out entirely, very snowy run indeed. It would keep many in here happy- but sadly it looks some will miss out.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes the pub run is epic for London/Home Counties - would give this part of our region 20+ hours of snowfall. The reason is because we remain under cold air from the east while the west gets the milder mush. Sadly at this range I won't be getting excited. If it's still showing in the morning at T48 I guess we may have to give it some chance of verifying Edited by Downpour
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Friday

post-17424-0-26117400-1421620503_thumb.p

Light west to south westerly wind

Bright start to the day, but cloud will thicken before the next front moves in. We could be seeing the same fun and games with this one too as the low to the north west disrupts with low heights sheering south east through the UK.

No more comments for now. 

Temperatures - 3-6C

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Yes the pub run is epic for London/Home Counties - would give this part of our region 20+ hours of snowfall. The reason is because we remain under cold air from the east while the west gets the milder mush. Sadly at this range I won't be getting excited. If it's still showing in the morning at T48 I guess we may have to give it some chance of verifying

Indeed widely over 10cm - saying it'll change every run it will but more subtle each time so there's less divergence the slider is not too far away now, and it seems likely parts of the region wil experience a proper snowfall. Just my thoughts.

Posted

Yes the pub run is epic for London/Home Counties - would give this part of our region 20+ hours of snowfall. The reason is because we remain under cold air from the east while the west gets the milder mush. Sadly at this range I won't be getting excited. If it's still showing in the morning at T48 I guess we may have to give it some chance of verifying

I think Steve M is expecting it to correct further west though,not so good for us

Posted

-3 here, very frosty and ive still no heating, im surprised im still alive

What and how are you keeping warm?  popcorn.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Temperature bottomed out at -2.5c here but is currently rising due to the cloud, dew point of -5c though.

I try not to get my hopes up but it happens every year in Summer and in Winter, 2014 was a good year for storms and heat, we had 3 big storms all within 2 days in mid-September, one went on for 3+ hours, plus we also got about 5 night time storms one of which had a really nice shelf cloud, the summer was really nice and warm for a change with some decent periods of sunshine and warmth. Lets start the year off with a huge snowfall? lets say 10-12inches? maybe 1.5ft??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Absolutely Fred - I think this is a -3/-4 sort of night here... - latest temp at the grammar school is -0.6 apparently and that's in the middle of town...

http://www.weather.rgsinfo.net/index.htm

Agreed, and to be - 0.6c in middle of town already says it all....and falling 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Do you have clear skies ? Cloudy here 1c (so far warmer then predicted)

hi stew fox. Had a low of -1.8c after dark before cloud spilled in. Temp now 1.7c under cloud.