Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Captain, whats your % prediction of the track of the low(s). Set in stone this close or modifications could still occur?

Low confidence at the moment. This is a really hard one to call. The models at least have us in a better position for snow to actually fall compared to yesterday. The trouble is, will the precipitation actually make it to us.

Posted

Not gonna happen. Straw clutching I am afraid.

I didn't say it was going to happen! It would be nice though :p no signs of meaningful decay thus far moving in a more southerly direction very slowly - it is just something that I can keep my eye on, when there's not much going on. EDIT: it has slightly lost 'mass' but there's still some bright pulses.

post-19153-0-90167600-1421612112_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Hello everyone in SE/EA from a chilly Bramford, Its been a while since i was last here, but thought i'd pop in seeing as i'm starting to like the looks of the models, i've had a quick look through the last couple of days of the thread, a few new names i see and some of the old names seem to have gone, where is Tom and the snow cup?

Well best of luck anyway that we all get a few inches over the next week or so, i'll try and get on as much as i can to see how were all doing  :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

I didn't say it was going to happen! It would be nice though :p no signs of meaningful decay thus far moving in a more southerly direction very slowly - it is just something that I can keep my eye on, when there's not much going on. EDIT: it has slightly lost 'mass' but there's still some bright pulses.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Interesting there near wales most of them are down for sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been a cold day here with a Max of 4.8 but temp dropped quickly since sunset and now down to -0.9 and frost already on cars!!

Think this front moving through Tues/Wed may give a little snow at elevation(upto1-2cms) to West of London if it gets that far East. Kent,Essex,Suffolk & Norfolk I think will just stay dry and cold.I think this week will be just a fairly dry and cold week with maxs between 2-5 degrees with sharp frosts at night where skies clear with Mins down to -5ish in Frost prone places. Hope I am wrong about this and the small changes that the SE need for a proper snow event happen,but not letting my heart rule my head. At least we could have some nice sharp frosts which I much prefer to the rain and wind which dominated last winter.

Posted

looking  at the  radar  might get  some light  snow coming down the coast  !!!  for Norfolk,parts of the coast of suffolk

Posted

Hello everyone in SE/EA from a chilly Bramford, Its been a while since i was last here, but thought i'd pop in seeing as i'm starting to like the looks of the models, i've had a quick look through the last couple of days of the thread, a few new names i see and some of the old names seem to have gone, where is Tom and the snow cup?

Well best of luck anyway that we all get a few inches over the next week or so, i'll try and get on as much as i can to see how were all doing  :)

Ah the Snow Cup I nearly won that once (didnt really)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

IMBY post, sorry...

What are people's thoughts about chances of snow for my area west of Guildford? I know it's probably too specific but I have to ask.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Fraid Tom and some of the regulars have moved on now.

Looks like Thurs day could be potentially wintry, suspect it will be mainly sleet, but we shall see.  Now it is very cold out, widespread frost, temp a while ago was closing in on the freezing point.

Posted

Been a cold day here with a Max of 4.8 but temp dropped quickly since sunset and now down to -0.9 and frost already on cars!!

Think this front moving through Tues/Wed may give a little snow at elevation(upto1-2cms) to West of London if it gets that far East. Kent,Essex,Suffolk & Norfolk I think will just stay dry and cold.I think this week will be just a fairly dry and cold week with maxs between 2-5 degrees with sharp frosts at night where skies clear with Mins down to -5ish in Frost prone places. Hope I am wrong about this and the small changes that the SE need for a proper snow event happen,but not letting my heart rule my head. At least we could have some nice sharp frosts which I much prefer to the rain and wind which dominated last winter.

My analysis also - this is proving to be a very poor cold spell despite the hype. That all said, seasonal frosty mornings are pleasant and, as you say, a vast improvement on last year - the worst winter ever!

Posted

Looks like Thurs day could be potentially wintry, suspect it will be mainly sleet, but we shall see.  Now it is very cold out, widespread frost, temp a while ago was closing in on the freezing point.

Do you know why Tom left? Massive shame if he's not returning; his posts were so informative.

• Like 1

Posted

Largely rain midweek IMO - conditions not quite supportive of snow. Wromg side of marginal as the theme has been!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

IMBY post, sorry...

What are people's thoughts about chances of snow for my area west of Guildford? I know it's probably too specific but I have to ask.

You might get a little light snow, nothing significant at this present time being shown. This is going by the Euro models, the GFS suggests a warm sector that could give a wintry mix instead.

I favour the UKMO/ECM solution, that's also why I ditched the temperature charts for this period as they are GFS based and hence would be too high.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted

You might get a little light snow, nothing significant at this present time being shown. This is going by the Euro models, the GFS suggests a warm sector that could give a wintry mix instead.

Thank you. Always feel like I'm too far east or too far west, never quite right

Posted

looking  at the  radar  might get  some light  snow coming down the coast  !!!  for Norfolk,parts of the coast of suffolk

I very much doubt it unfortunately, that precip is being kept alive by the moisture from the North Sea being forced up over the higher ground, I expect that it will rapidly decay as it moves across the flatter lands of the south. Our best shot it Weds onward, fingers crossed we get some as the 10 minute flurry on Saturday morning has whetted my snow appetite!

Posted

Sleet reported in Brum...daren't check the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking LPs, heavy snow. Also 25c and calm

Its already much colder this evening than beeb said....+2c??....its -1.5c already.....I can only see upgrades locally come midweek 

BFTP

• Like 4

Posted

MO screwed up tonight -10C in pennies and -15C in the highlands - what happened it is coldest in SE/EA.

post-19153-0-32424800-1421616592_thumb.j

Confetti in the North Sea wonder if they come this way - the main stuff is fragmenting.

• Like 3

Posted

Its already much colder this evening than beeb said....+2c??....its -1.5c already.....I can only see upgrades locally come midweek 

BFTP

Absolutely Fred - I think this is a -3/-4 sort of night here... - latest temp at the grammar school is -0.6 apparently and that's in the middle of town...

http://www.weather.rgsinfo.net/index.htm

• Like 1