Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Pathetic contribution to the thread, but should we be surprised looking at your other posts.

Cold falling into place, not bone chilling of course, possibly extending, snow chances there. Not end of world.

Then again I am able to balance my thoughts without knicker wetting.

pathetic 'cold' spell

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

The problems we have are seen clearly on the latest run. The decaying initial front as it moves slowly east and the warm sector that turns it to rain:

post-14819-0-11662800-1421596425_thumb.gpost-14819-0-75213900-1421596424_thumb.gpost-14819-0-39922600-1421596424_thumb.g

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

The problems we have are seen clearly on the latest run. The decaying initial front as it moves slowly east and the warm sector that turns it to rain:

attachicon.gif27-574UK.gifattachicon.gif42-574UK.gifattachicon.gif48-7UK.gif

The decaying front is actually a good thing long term, it shows the blocking cold is stronger than models are anticipating.

It might not bring short term snowfall but it does increases the chances of an Easterly. "Lock the cold air in, then look for snow", we haven't really got the "cold" air in, yet

• Like 1

Posted

This is my 1000th post :yahoo::friends::)

my first post was in this regional so I ought to continue to follow that tradition in here - isn't it a big number!

I'd like you thank you all- and here's hoping we get some of the white stuff and we may do

going by the radar with PPN towards Midlands delivering snow - and up north coming S still developed!

post-19153-0-56350300-1421596690_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!

This is my 1000th post :yahoo::friends::)

my first post was in this regional so I ought to continue to follow that tradition in here - isn't it a big number!

I'd like you thank you all- and here's hoping we get some of the white stuff and we may do

going by the radar with PPN towards Midlands delivering snow - and up north coming S still developed!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Congratulations!

• Like 2

Posted

Because we are in the wrong position the battleground is in the north sea. When the second front stalls to the west the initial front is stationary off the east cost for about 18 hours:

post-14819-0-95120200-1421597108_thumb.gpost-14819-0-33547800-1421597108_thumb.g

During that time the satellite low sits in the English Channel and it is mostly rain but eventually the colder uppers set in:

post-14819-0-33440700-1421597283_thumb.g  

Probably the best chance at the moment for snow in the south is from that low at around T90 for maybe 6 hours: post-14819-0-56225600-1421597351_thumb.g

Edited by i'm dreaming of...
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

The decaying front is actually a good thing long term, it shows the blocking cold is stronger than models are anticipating.

It might not bring short term snowfall but it does increases the chances of an Easterly. "Lock the cold air in, then look for snow", we haven't really got the "cold" air in, yet

Agree with this 100%. Let's get the cold In place first and then the fun and games can begin. Febuary is traditionally a time the Atlantic slows down so maybe we can get the scandi high to influence our weather a little more in the longer term. Here's hoping. Edited by shotski

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Easterly on Thursday anyone!!!!

• Like 1

Posted

Not on this run as the Azores feeds in after D6: post-14819-0-08361900-1421598561_thumb.p

Any UK cold shots can be fleeting so I prefer short term gain whenever theres a chance.

Edited by i'm dreaming of...

Posted

Hope so jm, my local stations now reporting 1 and 2 c and dropping under clear sky.

I'm at 3.9c

Dewpoint down to 1c

Posted
eh? not on the latest run from what i can make out...[/quote

Look at the direction of the isobars after the slider moves through. Not saying it would last long but it's got potential. I would post a chart but im on my phone sorry.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Cloud finally cleared here at around 3.30pm to a lovely clear, crisp end to the day.

High today 2.7C at 1.15pm 

Currently -0.7C and falling quickly. Just come in from walking the dogs and the roads are already icy under foot.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Still some patches of ice/frost in the shaded spots that I noticed whilst out for my afternoon walk, otherwise a wonderful sunny day with almost unbroken blue skies the gave a fantastic clear view of the sunset this evening.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Temperature dropping like a stone. -1.4C now. Going to be a cold one tonight unless the cloud rolls in again (which it may do, depending on what happens to the showers currenly tup north)