Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Yes, thus far at least, the worst kind of cold spell. Just the wrong side of marginal, cold rain. Hopefully the week ahead will bring more action - forecast gives us more of a chance but the set-up will be very similar.

Forecast for here looks poor regarding snow prospects. Even if the precipitation makes it doesn't look like being heavy enough to produce much and max temps are 3 on tuesday and 5 on Wednesday.

Outlook for Tuesday to Thursday:

Remaining cold throughout. Some patchy rain, sleet or snow likely late on Tuesday into Wednesday. The rest of Wednesday and Thursday with see sunny intervals and wintry showers.

Updated at: 0216 on Sun 18 Jan 2015

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Blue sky pushing through now after overnight rain. Temp now down to 1.6c

Edited by Mark N

Posted

Not sure of the chances of snow this week , seems very fine margins away from the usual suspected favoured areas such as Midlands Northwards

Last snow flake I saw was jan 2013 . Not as bad as the snow drought from feb 91 to 8 jan 2003 , 12 year gap til I saw a decent covering of a few inches rather than a dusting , even central London had a few inches of settling snow on the 8/1:03 from s Thames streamer , I can only think the uppers must of been v cold indeed

Edited by southbank

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

To be honest is this even a cold spell for our region.

Doesn't feel cold outside at all. And raining.

Just a normal South East day.

Can't see anything later on to look forward to except maybe frosts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Guys we're not going to get reliable snow until we get some prolonged East winds...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

More autumn............and it's the 18th January.............

Posted

Morning all, the temp in Lowestoft has dropped from +1 an hour ago to now -1, dew points have also fallen to -1..

All we need now is some precipitation, looks like there may be some showers comming of the North sea later..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Grey and damp start here, hopefully this clears soon. There should be some showers pushing south overnight, hopefully they could bring some snow.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning on the cold and damp day, very cold 0.7oC, the damp from the rain making it feel even colder, no sign (looking out at least) of a frost, it may be icy in places out there though.

Posted

Some of you are like the ensembles, up, down, flip, flopping in respect of your thoughts on the cold. I do feel for you, to much data these days perhaps, might sound odd but this often conflicting data esp past day 3-4 seems to be bourne out in some posts sometimes.

From my perspective in trying to be more balanced, similar to recently, cold spell underway, possibly signs of it extending and with it some chances of snow for most. Albeit not necessarily disruptive.

Better than last year, at least.

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 4

Posted

How long before people start getting the sharp blade out in the mad thread !, mind you reading my twitter account this morning. The weather people seem hopefully of some possible wintry weather this week

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

We wait nearly 2 years to get a decent favourable conditions to the uk and we end up with rain and cold rain at that. Living on an island surrounded by warm sea really does us no favours. Good luck to Spain and Northern Africa with your snow this week !!!! If I could find the angry faces on my phone I would post them, and lots of them.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

according to the rader,i should be seeing some sleet,but its rain,how bad is that,im getting the hump because its not sleet!!!.cmon mother nature,swin those winds round to north east-east,let us have some long overdue magic

Edited by snowrye
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

South east Club should be called "sorry losers Corner" I really hate south east I may move. Once upon a time we got favoured for the best mild and warmest sun days in summer but that isn't a guaranteed anymore. This cold spell is a joke. Caution when reading some posts in the model thread needed. I have said it before and it looks as though again, northerlies seldom deliver to us southies.

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Some of you are like the ensembles, up, down, flip, flopping in respect of your thoughts on the cold. I do feel for you, to much data these days perhaps, might sound odd but this often conflicting data esp past day 3-4 seems to be bourne out in some posts sometimes.

From my perspective in trying to be more balanced, similar to recently, cold spell underway, possibly signs of it extending and with it some chances of snow for most. Albeit not necessarily disruptive.

Better than last year, at least.

Aye,  I got into weather as I do more to get a forecast to plan my work in (was a critical server farm at the time needed managing), and for personal activities outside or when to turn the heating on (storage heaters take two day's from cold to really start to work), coz at the end of the day we will get what we are given, no sense getting upset over it, better to manage your plans to fit it.

Edited by Jax
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Sun here now, ground damp. 

Having lived on the SE coast, I can remember the Hot summer of the 70's and 80's and enough snow in winter to close the school for a few days. Some classes even went on the snowy downs at PE. When I moved up here we had snow every year until the last  winter when I got nothing at all. As much as i love watching the stuff falling, it can wait till next weekend now, as I don't fancy waiting in the wind tunnel that is where little one's classroom is with snow blowing in my face.  

All these people on the 'don't get upset' band wagon. I'm sure it's more frustration. 

Edited by Dami
  • Like 1

Posted

South east Club should be called "sorry losers Corner" I really hate south east I may move. Once upon a time we got favoured for the best mild and warmest sun days in summer but that isn't a guaranteed anymore. This cold spell is a joke. Caution when reading some posts in the model thread needed. I have said it before and it looks as though again, northerlies seldom deliver to us southies.

I don't know about that! I love where I live, you don't realise how lucky you are to live down south till you spend a period of time in certain places up north!

Still... I can understand the frustration but we have to accept that as we are further south, things are always going to be more marginal for us - there's no point getting peeved off about it, we can't change the weather! It does what it wants regardless of anything else, SELFISH weather! Still a month and a half of winter left, keep patient and maybe the weather gods will reward our patience!

If not, roll on spring & summer evenings. :)

• Like 2

Posted

To be honest I'm not expecting any snow out of this cold snap, roll on the next cold snap in February, hopefully that will bring a full on easterly with snow :)

Dont be surprised if this cold spell develops into the Easterly we are all looking for, the Scandi High is getting stronger with each model out-put, the very cold Easterlies with snow are just around the corner. 

• Like 1

Posted

roll on the next cold snap in February, hopefully that will bring a full on easterly with snow :)

Interesting goings on appearing possible in the strat several days away atm which could enhance your Feb chances. Just hope it doesnt go the same way as the last SSW did