Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So more specifics tomorrow

The showers look like moving through during the middle of the day

nmmuk-1-24-0.png?16-18

Associated dew points

nmmuk-18-22-0.png?16-18

nmmuk-18-24-0.png?16-18

At or below freezing in the north of the region, higher in the south, these are tending to rise during the day.

The models have generally trended to see snow showers north of London, with a mix of rain/hail/sleet over and south of London.

So I would think that Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Suffolk and Norfolk would be in a chance of a dusting. Things could change though as the scenario looks marginal. If the showers survive the trip across the country then maybe other areas could see snowfall as evaporative cooling could turn showers to snow in any spot which sees them.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted

nmmuk-1-24-0.png?16-18

Associated dew points

nmmuk-18-22-0.png?16-18

nmmuk-18-24-0.png?16-18

At or below freezing in the north of the region, higher in the south, these are tending to rise during the day.

The models have generally trended to see snow showers north of London, with a mix of rain/hail/sleet over and south of London.

So I would think that Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Suffolk and Norfolk would be in a chance of a dusting. Things could change though as the scenario looks marginal.

Cheers for that :)

• Like 1

Posted

nmmuk-1-24-0.png?16-18

Associated dew points

nmmuk-18-22-0.png?16-18

nmmuk-18-24-0.png?16-18

So I would think that Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire, Northamptonshire, Suffolk and Norfolk would be in a chance of a dusting. Things could change though as the scenario looks marginal. If the showers survive the trip across the country then maybe other areas could see snowfall as evaporative cooling could turn showers to snow in any spot which sees them.

also how elevated the clouds are if heavy enough. many a time ive seen heavy rain showers turn to snow and give a covering

Posted

Further to CS evaluation - we might get more than we are bargained for. :)

Expected snowfall accumulations between 00:00 and 12:00 tomorrow from the high-res @metoffice Model

@Essexweather, from the very best. Snowfall albeit not so troublesome threatening SE/EA.

post-19153-0-16386900-1421442723_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Expected snowfall accumulations between 00:00 and 12:00 tomorrow from the high-res @metoffice Model

@Essexweather, from the very best. Snowfall albeit not so troublesome threatening SE/EA.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think it will come down to a case of watching the radar and hoping that the darn showers can keep going and give us a pasting. 

Posted

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Overnight tonight ?? lol http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted

Biggin circa 9am-12 noon tomorrow possible risk of snow, more especially North of London.

If EURO4 gets it correct.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

Overnight tonight ?? lol http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Nope haha radar does not show much interest ATM tomorrow morning/afternoon showers moving southeastwards some merging together, could be on the heavy side. So be warned, if you are utterly dismayed by something white. :D 1-3" over much of London yeah right... it would be nice though. :good:

Posted

Latest hiRLAM out (18z), interesting for East Anglia

201501161800-201501170900.png

201501161800-201501171200.png

Suggesting a centimetre or two briefly before it melts someone once the sun comes out behind the showers. Hampshire, Berkshire and north London could get a little too.

Charts courtesy of this website

http://www.weeronline.nl/vakman-index/130/0 

• Like 1

Posted

I am all for some snowflakes in the rain but "accumulations" as per Daniels post, aint gonna happen next 36 hours. 

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms

Currently 1°c here but MetO app has removed anything even vaguely like a snow symbol for Sunday night and Monday now

Posted

I am all for some snowflakes in the rain but "accumulations" as per Daniels post, aint gonna happen next 36 hours. 

As usual we will have to wait until the morning. I might have to be a interloper in the regionals further west to see if they get anything sticking. Temperatures under the showers won't be that much above freezing, especially if the earlier during the day they arrive.

Posted

For you, correct.

Posted

As usual we will have to wait until the morning. I might have to be a interloper in the regionals further west to see if they get anything sticking. Temperatures under the showers won't be that much above freezing, especially if the earlier during the day they arrive.

:) Its just.....well you know. By 12.00pm ??

For you, correct.

???

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Have to say it's a bit disappointing that a spell that promised something seems like it will deliver very little if it all.

• Like 1

Posted

Biggin for you yes unlikely, but some may get a few cm's. In heavier showers between 9am 12 midday tomorrow.

Posted

:) Its just.....well you know. By 12.00pm ??

???

Snow will settled if the precipitation is heavy enough at this time of year, even at midday. Again it's just a case of waiting and seeing what we will get. 

GFS coming out now.

Showers still models for the middle of tomorrow, same favoured spots for snow.

18-574UK.GIF?16-18

Sunday

36-574UK.GIF?16-18

Precipitation reaching just north of London, looks like snow on the extreme back edge of the front. This clears during the afternoon. At this time it doesn't offer much interest. It could change tomorrow though.

Regarding Monday, I think we can have some hope there too. Whilst only a slack northerly, the set up looks favourable for some decent convection if we can get those showers to reach land of course.

• Like 1

Posted

Biggin for you yes unlikely, but some may get a few cm's. In heavier showers between 9am 12 midday tomorrow.

I was referring to Daniels graphics which showed accumalations in my area, so as you say unlikely :)

Posted

Captain. Biggin doesn't seem to really understand. Despite us saying same thing in past few posts.

Small risk tomorrow for some. But a risk nonetheless.

• Like 1

Posted

I wouldn't bank against it light dusting expected in many places tomorrow going by the Essex man he has access to high res MO model it is *25 better compared to them damn GFS PPN charts. Dew points generaly on the right side + evaporative cooling, snow will fall in a number of places especially London northwards. Also factored is the time of day it would be nice for precipitation to coincide with nocturnal cooling if we want to see accumulations.

But to say horrid odd snowflake thrown in with the rain is wrong, In all honestly. I do no ramp, well sometimes ;) but it's how I see it. Bear in mind I expect nothing really South M25, near coasts.

Just a faint idea, we might see something more substantial, than what we initially thought. We'll all see what'll happen... I think some in our region might get a few cm... Nagging feeling.

Posted

Snow will settled if the precipitation is heavy enough at this time of year, even at midday. Again it's just a case of waiting and seeing what we will get. 

GFS coming out now.

Showers still models for the middle of tomorrow, same favoured spots for snow.

18-574UK.GIF?16-18

Sunday

36-574UK.GIF?16-18

Precipitation reaching just north of London, looks like snow on the extreme back edge of the front. This clears during the afternoon. At this time it doesn't offer much interest. It could change tomorrow though.

Regarding Monday, I think we can have some hope there too. Whilst only a slack northerly, the set up looks favourable for some decent convection if we can get those showers to reach land of course.

Appreciate your optimism, fingers crossed eh ?? :)

Removed second quote

Posted

Appreciate your optimism, fingers crossed eh ?? :)

No probs, in the end the showers will do what they like, if they give us a dusting then great. If they don't then my girlfriend gets all the spag bol and I get a Poundland woolly hat for dinner  :rofl:

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Thought the mood swings was just for the MAD thread and friendly banter for the regional threads.

Let's all hug and be friends :friends:

Posted

Looks like we might get sonething here tomorrow if its cold enough mid morning

Anything would be a bonus, bit like the unexpected point the O's got tonight at Preston

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

It would be nice to see settling snow but having waited almost two years, just to see something falling from the sky would be a pleasure!

Hopefully not too much to ask for a shower tomorrow?