Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Plenty of positives tonight, especially Fergies comments regarding our region and the fact the meto have more data and get it sooner than us.

Usually I wouldn't be surprised if tomrrow the outputs let us down but i would be this time given the positive Fergie comments.

Still a long way to go but small progress :-)

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Not so sure I agree with your semantics, it's showing in the semi reliable timeframe E'ly that is before further snow interest beforehand, all the possible scenarios point to cold staying put for over 7 days, ingredients for the fable Thames streamer. I tell what I see and it certainly ain't wishy washy cold.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I think you are getting overexcited thats what I see. But we all have our opinions. Fergie keen on a little snow over the weekend our area. Tues / Weds looking a downgrade this morning.

Morning, man the models, they do like a bit of drama :p

Now then for us

post-17424-0-34130800-1421392653_thumb.ppost-17424-0-49314400-1421392655_thumb.ppost-17424-0-54161200-1421392657_thumb.p

That front coming up from Biscay stalls over us for a good 24 hours. If the precipitation is snow then many of us could end up with at least a dusting.

No point looking beyond about Monday at the moment given how the models have chopped and changed so much. But then before this point we could all have some snow by then :)

Outlook for Sunday to Tuesday:

Remaining cold with further wintry showers and sunny periods. Showers most likely occurring during Sunday, perhaps with some prolonged snow for a time. Widespread overnight frosts, locally severe.

Morning.. Above from met office...

• Like 1

ECM precipitation charts looks good and this is also backed up with the FAX :good:

post-19153-0-03924200-1421394651.jpgpost-19153-0-14426500-1421394663.jpg

Snow for this region (Sunday) could get a covering widely - marginal towards coastal areas.

I have heavy rain forecast for Saturday\Sunday. Hope that changes, will be hoping the snowflake symbol makes an appearance on the Meto.

Always happens, the snow symbols are as rare as hens teeth at times. The 5 day forecast mentions the chance of prolonged snow on Sunday, this backed up by the models too. The charts in fact stall this front over us so it is still there into the new working week.

• Like 1

Could go either way for me

post-19153-0-72877000-1421395160_thumb.j

post-19153-0-14859600-1421395235_thumb.j

Today's PPN quite juicy, may turn more to sleet/snow even light covering esp over the Downs come nightfall, I also heard it on the forecast just a smattering for a few. I'm happy with the model output...

That's it..TOYS OUT THE PRAM.....Met Office only have me down for sleet Sunday night  :rofl:  :D  :nonono:

Yup same for me but that's good usually when you get forecast sleet it either goes tragically wrong or it snows. :spiteful: I prefer the latter option. Sunday would be snowy day for the SE/S going by ECM.

Looking at how it currently stands, today is definitely rain, maybe a little sleet at times, Sunday has the possibility for a little snow but not enough to settle. It's also generally too warm for any settled snow to remain.

As we know however, things can change quickly so this will be nowcasting weekend!