Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Just started to get a little gusty here but nothing exceptional, it hasn't even set my door knocker off yet, so gusts must be under 30mph. It has been raining for a while though.

you know its windy when your knockers start flapping!

• Like 7
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Amazing what gusts that squall line will bring  :sorry:

I've seen those almost die before they get here, hope this one does, as there's enough wind roaring around already. I've heard though I don't know if it's true, that it will intensify over here.

The outputs are almost too good to be true  :nonono:  :cold:

Some of the best charts I have seen for a good few years to say the least, could they get even better? I'm not so sure, I think they can only downgrade but let's not worry about that for a couple of days yet  :yahoo:

Key Points to watch over the next couple days:-

1. Steve M gets excited

2. Ian F gives the green light

3. The outputs keep it steady till we get to the reliable

4. Bargain stores and Petrol Garages start to take the snow shovels off Sale and put back to full price with an increase of 25% along with sledges

5. Snow Grips and Snow Chains are seen on deal of the day on a well know auction site

6. The Supermarkets start to run out of bread after everyone watches Countryfile  :rofl:

• Like 6

The outputs are almost too good to be true  :nonono:  :cold:

Some of the best charts I have seen for a good few years to say the least, could they get even better? I'm not so sure, I think they can only downgrade but let's not worry about that for a couple of days yet  :yahoo:

Key Points to watch over the next couple days:-

1. Steve M gets excited

2. Ian F gives the green light

3. The outputs keep it steady till we get to the reliable

4. Bargain stores and Petrol Garages start to take the snow shovels off Sale and put back to full price with an increase of 25% along with sledges

5. Snow Grips and Snow Chains are seen on deal of the day on a well know auction site

6. The Supermarkets start to run out of bread after everyone watches Countryfile  :rofl:

Reminds me of the 'Beast from the East' in 2013, everyone was super hyped and I even travelled to my families home here in Watford from Southampton just too see it but nothing came of it.

Just warming up, the one further east is just reaching brighton, the other one is around south hampton. 

lol a gust of wind just set off a car alarm here.

Edited by alexisj9

Same here, if its this strong inland I shudder to think how it was to the west / coast / exposed areas, I would imagine there would be some damage.

Its roaring outside, you wouldn't want to be out in it - spare a thought for the lorry drivers, that must be an experience.

From the lack of posts in here I gather either everyone including myself slept through any wind and is slightly disappointed this morning or you have all been blown away ? Miserable morning here wet and breezy .Off to work now

Was windy up in cambs last night. Concerned re snow potential for next week as warm sectors slide through with the fronts but plenty of time for changes yet, either way.

Very windy from abut 8pm last night but, as someone else noted, it wasn't as bad for us as the December 23rd 2013 storm. Hope everyone's roofs / trampolines / bins etc survived!

Went to bed along time before the squall went though, it didn't wake me up, so I don't know how it was here. Was defo really blowing even before that, a real shame the met office station was down, would have been nice to know the winds from them as I'm not sure how accurate non met stations are. Max gust at the one I was using 68MPH at 2:55.