Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Nothing here in Milton Keynes. No ice or snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

It was just clear here all night. No precipitation at all, let alone snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Clear and cold here also, nothing wintry, not even a frost (which I am glad of as I was expecting to have to chip into the car this morning). As the light comes I can see there is just some scattered cloud, looks like a mostly clear ans potentially sunny morning willbe had here before the storm system arrives in our area later today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Sits up in bed, leans across to pull the curtain open.......oh well !

deja-vu

• Like 3

Posted

Actually looks like the trough is sitting in the channel and was due to be further north, anyway.. Don't matter so mmany more chances this winter... And tonight is going to be wild! With one chart suggest when the front moves through we could experexperience 80mph gusts in land!!! (check storm thread)

I knew something went on, with english channel being bombarded with PPN. :wallbash:

It will either die or it will be too warm... place your bets. Oh well this is first of many hopefully. :)

post-19153-0-73838000-1421221488_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

scattered cloud here, i can see the moon,quite breezy, i should of stayed in bed,  no snow for me  :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

had a couple of rain showers here,1 at about 4.30 and another at 6,no snow again for me

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms & Snow!

A band of heavy snow working it's way towards the London area, things could get very interesting indeed

. Or just very wet! I wouldn't get too excited by it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

At least I got storm and plenty of flashes to my south can't really complain, temp 2.1 dp 1.2 so may not snow if anything gets here anyway.

Posted

. Or just very wet! I wouldn't get too excited by it!

With the angle of the band and its shape it looks to me like a Bristol channel streamer, just hope it doesn't die out before it reaches London

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I would rather on the north coast of France a the moment, a line of thundery rain has developed in the channel and is pushing into the area at the moment. Looks like many over the channel are getting a real soaking.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

With the angle of the band and its shape it looks to me like a Bristol channel streamer, just hope it doesn't die out before it reaches London

Most of the stuff has over the last few hours.

Funny thing is if it was milder & nailed on rain it would most probably intensify

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Looking out of the window, blue sky, breezy, i feel like i should go and do some gardening, until i stick my head out of the door, and its blinking cold

Posted

I feel what's happened is a good thing for this thread for the coming 10 days atleast.

Anyone new will have learned not to get carried away by the models even at close range, them accumalation charts can be taken as a pinch of salt 90% the time.

There are so.many factors that need to play ball especially when having to rely on stuff from the West.

Just goes to show the term nowcast is the best method of practice in these set-ups.

Still plenty of interesting weather on offer.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 3

Little heads up and people please disregard the word "downgrade" 

Tonight is looking VERY windy for this region! 

NOTE the below is convective gusts associated with the front moving through.. 80 knots = 92MPH 

gfs_gusts_eur42.png

Rtavn2412.gif

Again backed up here... These are NOT the surface winds but these gusts could potentially be pulled down to ground level... 

ALSO! Back onto surface gusts.. Tomorrows second wave of winds has been shunted well south... Another shift on the models south today and London gets a repeat of tonight AT peak school kick out!!! 

nmmukgust.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

No snow in Peterborough, however, it was a whiteout around the Corby glen area approaching Grantham! The elevation of the small hills was obviously enough to make the difference.

Literally one second it was normal, then the next second it went white ! Unreal.

The met office simply dont agree with some of those charts, obviously i hope the meto are wrong.

Im going by the wind maps on the meto, soemone said dont trust those graphics but they are from our

national weather service.

Edited by mickeyb44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Nothing here, but wasn't expecting anthing so not too disappointed.

Posted

Well looks like there was another graupel shower whilst I was asleep. With regards to the Met Office graphics it is their own raw data. At close range like this it is best to look at them alongside any written forecast from them. I have a feeling the Met Office warning map is going to look pretty complicated later today.

Posted

Mickey, you seem to have been riding the rollercoaster of emotion that goes with consuming weather models without a healthy dose of salt.

You need to chill, I know you want a huge storm but it's like wanting to find the right woman: when you make too much effort to find her, you won't.