Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Well, I wasn't expecting this overnight... (Just taken from the met office app)

Right, to bed early and up for 4am lamp post watch ;-)

• Like 1

There's a reasonable chance I might wake up to see Reigate Hill with a dusting I guess! My kids will have me up early anyway!

My 3 year old would love to see some snow, last time he saw it was in late winter or early spring 2013, when he was a little too young to appreciate it. So long ago!

• Like 2

Right, to bed early and up for 4am lamp post watch ;-)

I just got light snow shower midnight 1c then cloudy rest of night

So curtain set to be drawn 11.50ish 

post-7914-0-33817200-1421186589.jpg

Edited by stewfox

Every time you look at the radar you get a little excited then any ppn just dies out or heads slightly NE,cant see any snow tonight,maybe better luck next week.

Yup main clumps heading NE, GFS 18z has got this spot on. The stuff heading towards London though is dying.

Eeeeekk trying not to get excited but me and the kids (8 and 7) are severely snow deprived and have been hoping for a chance since November after last years disappointment, lol!

Even if not tonight then at least the models have perked up a bit looking forward!

Good luck everyone!x

• Like 2

Saturday

post-17424-0-61192000-1421187841_thumb.g

Light to moderate westerly winds

Another day of sunshine and showers, these could turn a little wintry in places.

Temperatures - 4-6C

Sunday (day 5)

post-17424-0-01576900-1421187571_thumb.p

Moderate north to north easterly wind

A long way off but that occluded front near us could bring some wintry precipitation.

Temperatures - 3-5C

Not point making too much of this just yet :p

Edited by Captain shortwave

My only lay in for the week tomorrow, bet i get in and out of bed in the night to have a peek out of my window, then go back to bed disappointed, but you never know

• Like 1

Wow....totally can't  call this.  All I know is the gritters have been out, it smells like snow and temps are, or at least were, bouncing around.  So nice, at least to have a bit of excitement, although, sad we have lost a lot of our snow geeks  :unknw:

• Like 2

Wow....totally can't  call this.  All I know is the gritters have been out, it smells like snow and temps are, or at least were, bouncing around.  So nice, at least to have a bit of excitement, although, sad we have lost a lot of our snow geeks  :unknw:

Snow geeks???? Lol