Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Why is the dew point going up anyone know?

Earlier it was 2.7c, then 3.0, now 3.3, yet the temperature is going down?  :cc_confused:

Hi EE, not to worry colder DPs are 'marching' South

towards us by 9PM we should all be largely around 0C, which is very important guide if you want snow. :)

post-19153-0-44797000-1421179287_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Not counting on waking up to a white scene in the morning to be honest! Westerlies are never reliable enough, particularly for this region. 

Give me an Easterly with -10 uppers or lower, then I'd be slapping my cash on the bookies table waking up to a whiteout. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Be patient people- it's not meant to fall as snow until later in the night for places such as my area around 6 to 7am current estimation

post-10303-0-93381900-1421179689_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Noticeable how, that everything pivotal to snow has dropped temp/dp/850s the way we like it over the past few days. Even I'm likely to get snow with a measly 7M... pretty much everyone is in with a chance bar S coast, where it is more likely to be wet. Isn't it exciting. :D

Heyyyy :( Don't say that! Brighton and Hove are in the warning zone :p

It doesn't feel like it's going to snow though, normally you can kind of tell if that makes sense.

Anyway... Fingers crossed with a bonus snow dance needed

Edited by Alpine glow

Posted

Also.. People suggesting it won't stick well majority of us away from the central big cities will get down too around -1/-2...

Lol yea till it gets washed away or blown over to Denmark! Hey Surrey, long time no see.

Posted

Decided that it is worth getting up at 6am tomorrow as the worst case scenario is I get a couple more hours in bed! Like others not expecting anything to settle unless we get a very heavy burst but will be nice to (hopefully) see a snowflake for the first time in too long. Suspect this thread will be busy with reports in the early hours! 

• Like 1

Posted

It will sure feel like it wen/if you do pop your head out the door at midnight we just need that colder air to hurry it's self up an get those temperatures down dp's are slowly making there way down so let's just keep our fingers crossed!! :p even if it dosent lay which I presume it won't it will be a treat for what's to come if the models are to be believed. Happy lamp post watching an may this be the start of the so called cold hearted winter :)))

Posted

Surely it's too mild for anything to settle?

At the moment yes but in the coming hours the gates open, in our favour.

post-19153-0-92562900-1421179849_thumb.j

I would just be happy to see some decent snowfall, that does not require squinting and has a visual impact, I'm sure the MO would give it a outside possibility of widespread small accumulations in the Home Counties. The ground is quite wet from earlier on, which will mean we need it to snow hard and fast. To have any chance of a covering, wouldn't it be great if it surpassed all expectations. :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

The old man opposite me has just come over to say he's expecting snow tonight. He is Never wrong, he's one of those people who prepares his car and driveway just in case he needs to go out somewhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, sun, thunder, storms, frosts, summer heatwaves.

If the showers turn out as forecast then almost anywhere away from West and south west facing coasts could get some snow by 9am tomorrow.

Probable inhabited sweetspot - somewhere like Crowborough, East Sussex at 700ft asl.  Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks will do well IF the precipitation arrives.

Altitude will be a huge help - every metre helps AND distance from windward coasts.  Places like Detling in Kent could do well, High Wealden ridges in Sussex, Leith Hill, Box Hill.

The main activity is not likely until 3am - 8am as a forecasted clump of showers tracks west to east.  Fingers crossed for all snow lovers out there.

WI

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Urgh! Is it me or is tonight going really slow!? Come on early hours !

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Hi guys , nice to see some old faces in here been lurking recently but decided with such interesting weather coming up I would drop in .Temp is 6.4 here dropping slowly dew point 4.3 .Im not expecting anything here but I hope some of you guys wake up to a nice surprise .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The old man opposite me has just come over to say he's expecting snow tonight. He is Never wrong, he's one of those people who prepares his car and driveway just in case he needs to go out somewhere.

Lol....and so it begins

• Like 2

Posted

What will be will be.

Too old and long in the tooth to worry about something I can do nothing about. Been here so many times before. If anyone gets anything then it's a bonus.

Best way to look at it.

But, good luck one and all.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Is it wrong that I only want it to snow if it's going to do it properly?

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

East Anglia the only area in the Southern half of England without a MetO snow warning tonight. The almost two year wait goes on.....where's that Easterly?!

You couldn't make it up really.  I got no snow on the coast for years, now i've had no snow here for years.