Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Nice little flurry on the school run this morning my youngest daughter insisted it was because she was wearing her olaf (from frozen) hat the sky was confused and thought she needed her own personal flurry lol :) ... if thats the case think I'd better buy myself one!

Edited by hernebaylooby
  • Like 2

Does anyone know the closest area to us that got a covering ?

North or west of my location

Quite a bit of this area but not where I am, up at say whitfield north, got a covering from the showers yesterday during the day, not sure if it is still there since whatever happened over night.

I honestly don't know why people were getting so frustrated. It was a ridiculously marginal chance anyway. If it was a dead cert for heavy snow, I could understand. I know we are all snow starved, but falk about clutching at straws.

I think with snow chance, if you cut whatever it is in half, that's a more likely scenario. Might cut some disappointment that way.

• Like 1

Any chance of a Thames streamer ??

No, wind's the wrong direction for that, need a ENE wind, rather than the S/SEly we have this morning. Having said, the increasingly higher ground going inland across Essex seems to be giving enough lift to pep up the precip as it moves N/NW

Edited by Nick F

May head up to Biggin Hill (which rises to around 240m) this morning taking my 3 year old, surely that precip heading north will be snow up there ...

I'm close to Biggin Hill, very elevated, and if there's anything around, we usually benefit being on the edge of the North Downs but we've not had any snow - in fact, nothing since March 2013!