Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

ppn swirl entering the English Channel looks promising. Let's see if this ppn band continues it's intensity. Dew points are starting to fall in many parts now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

Here we go again...the rollercoaster of expectation and disappointment...I am sure it is all made worse by the ridiculous exaggerated tabloid headlines, we know they are all nonsense...yet still they plant the seeds of hope.....  Currently drizzle in the Chilterns, melting the lovely hard frost :(

Don't know what you me.

Storm-battered Britain to be hit by ARCTIC FREEZE bringing gales, blizzards and snow STORM-battered Britain is about to be hit by an Arctic freeze with numbing gales, blizzards and up to a foot of snow forecast.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/551213/Storm-Britain-Hit-ARCTIC-FREEZE-Gales-Blizzards-Snow

Edited by stewfox

Update for those that take the meto as concrete...

Maidstone (10m ASL) just shows sleet symbol 04:00am, Chatham Ski Centre (95m ASL) shows Light Snow symbols 00:00 till 03:00am then again at 07:00am

Note the ASL and that shows how marginal this all is...so please chill and wait.

• Like 2

Which is pretty high, frankly.

It is although you don't require 0c WB temperature for snow - general rule of thumb is WB freezing level 200m or less, but it can snow with WBFL up as high as 400m it other conditions are conducive

For tonight the bigger challenge is DP/Temps

SK

• Like 2

Things are not looking good. I still hope though! I'm on the highest hill in Brighton :D

I'm guessing your race hill way? I'm at the very highest in hangleton just of the downs not sure about height to be honest fingers crossed tho those dp's start dropping

• Like 1

It is although you don't require 0c WB temperature for snow - general rule of thumb is WB freezing level 200m or less, but it can snow with WBFL up as high as 400m it other conditions are conducive

For tonight the bigger challenge is DP/Temps

SK

Thanks for that. Meatloaf says 'two out of three ain't bad' but even that looks very optimistic this eve!