Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

met office have nothing for me, not even rain, plus no snow symbol, :angry:, dew point is 1, . can someone tell me what it needs to be please 

Edited by Jo S

Daniel* im still waiting lol :)

Wait some more, to be honest I'm surprised it's not snowing IYBY at 200m with dew point below 0C in your locale. Keep looking at that lamp post or what have you, the snow line will be pushing S as we go into the night.

Answers on the pack of a postcard? I can fit it on a postage stamp. No. :p

Temperatures still rising here too, now 1.3C. I wouldn't be surprised to see bits and pieces of precipitation coming and going over Suffolk, but nothing very heavy. The problem is that we ideally need it to be as heavy as possible to aid any evaporative cooling. It's just a case of lamp post watching (except I live in the middle of nowhere so don't have a lamp post to check)

Haha you know what it's like, was hoping that as I'm West Suffolk I could be lucky, who knows I still may be but admittedly chances are low!

• Like 1

Temp and dp both falling for now, dp -0.8

Wow, impressive on the DP front (please DON'T google that  :rofl: ). Stuck at 2c DP here, temp now 2.2c. You're even further into the SE corner than me, so who knows? An early call was made for our bit to miss the PPN and see cold overnight temps, though 2.2c doesn't feel too warm anyway.

At least Jo got her heating back, though bottled gas is not a bargain, I believe.

• Like 2

Showers currently heading up the Essex/South Suffolk coast are still building. Keep an eye out over the next hour or two all those in East Suffolk, and maybe East Norfolk in an hour or two. Sometimes the best snowfall comes when it's not forecast.....always keep the hope!

And as Steve M said......don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

met office have nothing for me, not even rain, plus no snow symbol, :angry:, dew point is 1, . can someone tell me what it needs to be please

Ideally you need your dew point to be 0 or lower but you can get snow if its a tiny bit above 0 if the precipitation is heavy enough..

Haha you know what it's like, was hoping that as I'm West Suffolk I could be lucky, who knows I still may be but admittedly chances are low!

Don't hate me but my car needs the doctors tomorrow. I'd rather it didn't snow until Thursday.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1