Snow?

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just another link-   The Euro4 model is the one my above post but will add again- For beginners use these 2 - you can just change the timelines with each model run ( some 2 hours after each run it

The front is now beginning to push in-   Watch out for the dewpoints to start dropping from the SE later in the eve,   There is a LOT of of PPN out in the channel arcing NNE ( NNN - even NNW)  

You sound like my ex

Posted Images

its just fizzling out about halfway house ATM- so the northern extent is about 25 miles in-

will see how next lot develops-

Happy just to keep the sun in its place.

Still below freezing here-

S

• Like 1

looking good for the east midlands and south midlands into east Anglia tomorrow judging by BBC forecast.  lets hope it is an all snow event and we at least get a decent covering tonight and tomorrow.  I will be content with just one decent snowfall this winter if that is all we get.  good luck everyone.

You could almost say theres a bit of a streamer setting up towards Canterbury all the way to the coast ( hastings )

could see another 1cm or 2

S

The showers over Kent and Sussex should keep going throughout the day, hopefully continuing to fall as snow. As the wind veers more south to south easterly, some showers could start to affect coastal parts of Essex and Suffolk. So keep radar watching and hope for the best.

For tonight, the 06z GFS has snow pushing in during the late evening. Rain looks to restricted to coastal parts of Hampshire and West Sussex. East Sussex and Kent looks like all snow just (if it arrives of course). 

Western parts of East Anglia look in prime position.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

well,bar 1 20 minute snow shower,its been yet another overhyped,poor cold spell for me,forecast is for rain for me tonight before milder air returns for the weekend,im hoping this was a warm up,and the main event is going to steam in like ivor the engine.

• Like 1

I've lost all my snow symbols!! BBC and MO just saying cloud or rain now for overnight/tomorrow...gutted xx

Hi weather geek , ignore the symbols , I had snow falling and laying overnight and that was not shown it was suppose to be dry .

Just seen latest BBC forecast and it looks good for the NW of this region i.e Cambs, Northants, they even mention disruptive snowfall. More in the way of rain for London/SE but if I was honest I won't get too excited until I actually see the radar later.

Dare I say a mini ramp there teits. :-)

Spooky...... a few very tiny flakes falling now.

P.S those worry about apps taking the snow symbols away ignore then now at this range.......it often happens and i bet 75% of you that have seen a few flakes this morning didnt have a snow symbol !!!

• Like 1