Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

One thing a true weather enthusiast would never say  :wink:

Do you have no preferred weather type then, with this statement?

For the record, my worst weather type is North Sea haar, but I'd definitely consider myself an enthusiast.

Edited by Steve C

Posted

Do you have no preferred weather type then, with this statement?

For the record, my worst weather type is North Sea haar, but I'd definitely consider myself an enthusiast.

I do have a preferred weather type, Thunderstorms, but there isn't any type of weather that i don't like and think is awful.

I suppose when we get one of the HP systems that brings grey clag for week after week, i find myself hoping it will move on to bring something different, but i don't dislike it, its weather and thats what i love.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I do have a preferred weather type, Thunderstorms, but there isn't any type of weather that i don't like and think is awful.

I suppose when we get one of the HP systems that brings grey clag for week after week, i find myself hoping it will move on to bring something different, but i don't dislike it, its weather and thats what i love.

The lack of sunshine definitely affects my mood, so I really dislike the North Sea muck type of weather. I actually wonder what I'd have thought of Feb 1947, which was notably sunless in our area. I guess the brightness of the snow would have more than made up for the grey skies though. :)

Edited by Steve C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

all calm here now, boring, so waiting for the next exciting scenario 

Edited by Jo S

Posted

Not a nice day sleety rain the worst kind, thames estuary done Essex good. Shame it was not 1-2C degrees colder, little underwhelmed really, the models do have a habit of overdoing it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Don't worry Suffolkboy your not missing anything, its been pretty much snow/rain mix all morning and then when a heavy radar echo comes over a few minutes of big fat wet flakes, but then a return to snow/rain mix, its been fun to watch but never even starts to settle.

Just phoned home and apparently it did settle earlier today and is still snowing very lightly now. Melting though. Going to be very icy underfoot tonight when the sky clears!

Posted

*Blob alert* dew points are a tad too high here 1C but temperature is alright I suppose.

post-19153-0-62378300-1421856328_thumb.j

The precipitation over Norfolk/Suffolk is it producing something wintery? :)

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crisp frosty days in Winter

*Blob alert* dew points are a tad too high here 1C but temperature is alright I suppose.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes it has been snowing on and off all day and settling in the heavier outbursts. According to the radar the precp has moved further North now up into Norfolk and looks to have intensified.

Temp 1 and DP 0 here now. Temp has been 0 or 1 all day and DP -1 to 0 to 1 and now back to 0. BTW here is West Suffolk Great Waldingfield nr Sudbury.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Dull and now damp is today's theme here, nothing wintry in the mix thus far.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

You would be forgiven for thinking it was going to snow outside with the sky that still, grey, yellow colour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

hopefully it'll reach here too.. meanwhile, the gfs gives us another shot of snowfall for saturday morning

gfs-2-66.png?12

Edited by Vivian
  • Like 1

Posted

Just had flakes falling for around 5 minutes here in the far west of Norfolk close to Wisbech, back to drizzle rubbish now though. Temp 1.8c DP -0.9c.

I missed it :-(

Posted

We have an E'ly might help in getting an colder continental flow the thing is it is the continent is not exactly cold, as illustrated by colder dps near eastern fringes, Kent. It is feasible we may get some flurries.

post-19153-0-47489200-1421861149_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

everything appears to be moving nww south of london now on the radar.. i've got a little blob heading my way - will it be snow though!?

Posted

everything appears to be moving nww south of london now on the radar.. i've got a little blob heading my way - will it be snow though!?

Most likely a sleety mess what is your dew point? ENE wind running through Gravesend one can dream...