Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

Here is this morning's view from my window, I was only forecast drizzle. :wink::nonono:attachicon.gifimages.jpg

wow! you did well.. weren't you cursing this cold spell :acute:  

edit.. I just spotted your other post.. you monkey!!

Edited by Vivian
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Here is this morning's view from my window, I was only forecast drizzle. :wink::nonono:attachicon.gifimages.jpg

A good one! :) Not that I was fooled mind you.  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Snow falling again here. Nice flakes again. A real shame it isn't settling.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Snowing on and off sine about 8:30 flakes falling now still.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

As expected and predicted nothing here.There was a little bit of drizzle but been mainly dry here.Temp about 3.5 degrees. Glad a few on Forum got snow but looking at comments vast majority didn't. :fool: Here is hoping February brings us more luck.We really need East or North Easterly feed with no margainil lty to make this forum a happy place :)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Was snowing on and off when I left home with a temperature on 1.0C and depoint of 0C.

I'm now at work in Yarmouth and we have sleet on and off, but I'm watching the radar and my home has had bright echoes over it for the past 2 hours. I can guarentee it's snowing and I'm missing it all!! I just wonder if any is settling!?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

when is the next chance for us then guys

T8760 hours (Jan 16). A possible "wintry mix" though will be marginal.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun in summer, Snow in Winter

As expected and predicted nothing here.There was a little bit of drizzle but been mainly dry here.Temp about 3.5 degrees. Glad a few on Forum got snow but looking at comments vast majority didn't. :fool: Here is hoping February brings us more luck.We really need East or North Easterly feed with no margainil lty to make this forum a happy place :)  

Same here in Bromley too....some heavy spots of rain and a cool 3c ...estimate dew point at around 1c so the forecasted switch to a more Easterly based breeze later could lower the DP and enhance convection in to Kent and east London as it moves in off the estuary....seems to be a lot of convective activity in the Southern North Sea today as seen on the radar and causing the light snow/sleetfall on the South Essex coast from the southerly draw. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Proper snow falling here.  Flakes are large, so temperature/DP must be marginal, but it's definitely snow.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Brighter here now, the sun is trying to come through with patches of blue sky above. More precipitation pushing north from the channel so maybe a little more wet snow later.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

proper snow now,wont settle but i will take it  :D

Posted

Was snowing on and off when I left home with a temperature on 1.0C and depoint of 0C.

I'm now at work in Yarmouth and we have sleet on and off, but I'm watching the radar and my home has had bright echoes over it for the past 2 hours. I can guarentee it's snowing and I'm missing it all!! I just wonder if any is settling!?

Don't worry Suffolkboy your not missing anything, its been pretty much snow/rain mix all morning and then when a heavy radar echo comes over a few minutes of big fat wet flakes, but then a return to snow/rain mix, its been fun to watch but never even starts to settle.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

Standing by the pre-school/ wind tunnel waiting for bubs to go into school it was a pretty cold breeze. Still overcast but nothing to show on radar, but TBH i'm glad i won't have to slip and slide over the paths when I go on the run back later.

Posted

That precip in the English Channel looks to be intensifying slightly, the earlier GFS 06hrs run does develop some precip and runs this north in to the se corner, it shows up as a wintry mix.

Something to watch out for in future radar returns as to whether this intensifies further, snow wise with some elevation, perhaps the eastern Downs might see something.

If this survives it could work into eastern parts of Essex picking up a bit more moisture in the Thames estuary.

Edited by nick sussex

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Happy for the East Anglian folk...I didn't think any snow would reach you from yesterday's forecasts.....  up in the Chilterns, we did have snow forecast but just had drizzle...Mother Nature at her most fickle again, bless her! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Cold Cold

Hi, it's a nasty day here in Farnham, Surrey, horrible drizzle and temp of 4.6 and dp of 2! Snow was a no show last night

• Like 1