Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

I use rain today . Find it quite good sometimes precipitation is not as heavy as suggested but that all depends on atmospheric conditions.

There is a bit if a love in calm on the mod thread tonight and even Fergieweather got involved . Great to see.

Ps. Thanks to Captain Shortwave , Daniel. ( there's a few) and Steve murr for your input . It may have not worked out this time. (Yet) but without your tiredless energy we would have no forum to post in. THANKYOU.

Right .. Back to the lamppost and yes my mate is still there

Edited by Mark wheeler
  • Like 4

Posted

Blimey precip is struggling to reach my location. Still isn't surprising because we always we're on the cusp!

I remain hopeful though.

• Like 1

Posted

Blinking nora, every time i go and security light watch i have a ciggy and a vodka, im either going to pass out before long, or be to drunk to see a flake, or on the other hand i might see double flakes,   :rofl:

Me too as you can probably realise by rise of posts but just lager

Posted

I'm in peterborough too TEITS and its like the preciptation is stuck to the south of us and not coming any further! Going to give up waiting soon... :(

Posted

Blimey precip is struggling to reach my location. Still isn't surprising because we always we're on the cusp!

I remain hopeful though.

Put your self in my shoes! All gone either side of here! 8 minutes until lamppost is out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Me too as you can probably realise by rise of posts but just lager

i just got excited, thought i saw a flake, but it was a bit of ash ,dam

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Its getting warmer in peterborough up to 1.4c now and dew point also gone up to -0.3c

Posted

Is that the Thames firing up? Looks like it

I thought the same thames estuary seems active quite 'warm' SST aiding in intensity, cheers Mark. :hi:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

Me too.. Was leaning out of my window and saw a few 'flakes' before I realised it was ash blowing about. Well it gave a similar effect and all I am likely to see tonight as lamp posts will go out here in 5 minutes. Seems to be bone dry out there at moment, and lacking in accurate temperature but seems warmer than it did earlier.

Just watched news 24. He made me laugh when he totally killed any hope for this area as he pointed around in general to the east anglia area and said something like really 'you could count the snowflakes as they fall' with a grin on his face as if laughing at us all haha 

Edited by Hearts in Herts
  • Like 1

Posted

I reckon snow will start falling in Peterborough in the next 15-30mins. Already reporting snow in Corby which as you know is just to the SW of us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Easygoing, but winter is meant to be white, dammit!

Mildly annoyed I don't live in Biggin still...not used to not having 600ft of elevation.

Bits of sleet around at the moment, but that radar picture is certainly looking active if it can hold it together on the way over London.

It's a dilemma.....really want to stay up on lamppost watch, but got to be up at 0600 for new job training (train driving).

Think i'll leave it and take a peek through one eye in the morning. :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Me too.. Was leaning out of my window and saw a few 'flakes' before I realised it was ash blowing about. Well it gave a similar effect and all I am likely to see tonight as lamp posts will go out here in 5 minutes. Seems to be bone dry out there at moment, and lacking in accurate temperature but seems warmer than it did earlier

i agree, not so cold, but at least you have lamp post ,i dont have any here  :cc_confused:

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Steve just saw this a bit on twitter re Essex weather. Seems strange as reports of some snow on here

Outbreaks of rain are starting to arrive across South Essex. Temperatures too high for snow, even on the highest ground.

Still not giving up the ghost

Posted

Well we had an amazing frost here this morning one of the best I've seen in a while so I'm not complaining as I go to bed this evening with nothing better than sleet falling outside. I try to remember to count myself lucky when we don't have 8 oktas of low stratus cloud all day with uninspiring temperatures! I'll be back lurking on the MOD thread  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Well I know I won't get any snow tonight.

You must of been 2 miles to West & East plus river might.not be helping you.

Posted

I got excited a couple of hours ago ( same moth ) :-(

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything and everything

i agree, not so cold, but at least you have lamp post ,i dont have any here  :cc_confused:

Ours are out now. Normally am quite lucky as have one in front and one to left as I look out. At least now it means I cannot be tempted at any point to pull an all nighter lamp post watching lol

Edited by Hearts in Herts
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Finally something falling from the sky - unfortunately its light rain and temp has increased to 1.6c DP now -0.4c

Posted

Finally something falling from the sky - unfortunately its light rain and temp has increased to 1.6c DP now -0.4c

I'll be off to sleep then!! Night all good luck for all pulling an all nighter. Think the ship has sailed (again!!)