Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Fancy coming back to Saff W for a night? :-)

Ha I might stay here for now, showers starting to form in the southern north sea now and those Kent showers are starting to push straight north now so I expect screams of snow in the Southend/Benfleet area shortly :)

It's going to be a radar watch tonight, with some serious snowdance action.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Ha I might stay here for now, showers starting to form in the southern north sea now and those Kent showers are starting to push straight north now so I expect screams of snow in the Southend/Benfleet area shortly :)

It's going to be a radar watch tonight, with some serious snowdance action.

Yeah but it`s the wrong type of snow in that area ;-)

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Lookin at these clouds towards Brighton wandering if we are getting more snow or rain? Any ideas anyone?post-13406-0-64250500-1421750762_thumb.j

Edited by therecoil

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

If you hear a courier screaming in Sea st in about a hr,bring hot tea! :D

He he sorry I'm the other end of town on the cliffs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Its laying! Its blustering everywhere! If I was talking this I'd be squealing !

My cousin is on her way to Chestfield, will she make it and where the hell is it? It's near Herne I think.

nothing here, very frosty, clouding over ,looking out my back window, out the front ,the suns out, but my fingers are crossed

Very frosty here too but sunny, not a cloud in the sky. My cat still won't venture out.

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Got to -2.8 here and I make that 9 frosts since late November last year which isn't bad(we only had 4 frosts the whole of last winter here!!).Lovely sunny morning here and temp is exactly Zero as I write this.No snow here again and not expecting any here tomorrow as I think we will just have rain and maybe sleet here.Good Luck to everyone for tomorrow and lovely to see those in Sussex and E Kent get some snow this morning. Some great pics sent in, keep them coming.In the meantime the Snowshield for Locksbottom is well and truly locked in lol!!.

On the plus side the milder weather due by Friday wont be especially mild and signs are promising for colder weather to comeback by end of the month.Lets hope Feb 2015 can be equivalent of March 2013.If it is and being a month earlier the cold will be that bit colder and result in snowfest and Model Forum meltdown :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Lookin at these clouds towards Brighton wandering if we are getting more snow or rain? Any ideas anyone?attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

personally I think it will be rain if anything falls now , temp has risen too much :(

did it snow in Brighton ?

yes it did I woke up at 6.30 and it was snowing and laid on fences and pavements

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

yes a little more just off the coast moving in..

S

Steve will you be drawing up another snow map for tonight/tomorrow?

• Like 1

Posted

Nothing this side of the Estuary and clouds breaking up letting more of the sun to break through, can see the cloud bank towards Herne though which is giving them the white stuff, the 22 month wait goes on - March 2013 all is forgiven

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

My cousin is on her way to Chestfield, will she make it and where the hell is it? It's near Herne I think.

Its more whitstable than Herne bay and yes she will make it fine was only a brief shower and what had laid is now melting ( much to my ducks and chickens delight!)

• Like 2

Posted

We had rain on frost this morning..started to melt the frost then stopped and froze again!! Now all melted away and rain clouds approaching...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

nmm_uk1-42-20-0.png?20-12

Ouch...

nmm_uk1-42-22-0.png?20-12

Nah the original one is spot on.

attachicon.gifUkMap2.png

The mixing zone will be a bit further North & West...

S

Good map Steve, looks pretty spot on. Shame you didn`t use a thicker pen ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Nah the original one is spot on.

attachicon.gifUkMap2.png

The mixing zone will be a bit further North & West...

S

Ok thank you, hopefully I'm in the game but not counting my chickens to be honest.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Ooh looking like us snow starved NW Kent folk.may possibly get a little light flurry action then?

nmm_uk1-42-20-0.png?20-12

Ouch...

nmm_uk1-42-22-0.png?20-12

Good map Steve, looks pretty spot on. Shame you didn`t use a thicker pen ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Its more whitstable than Herne bay and yes she will make it fine was only a brief shower and what had laid is now melting ( much to my ducks and chickens delight!)

Thanks for the info, no need to text her whilst she is driving to warn her of snow then. Pet ducks and chickens, wow! Do they get on?

Posted

Ooh looking like us snow starved NW Kent folk.may possibly get a little light flurry action then?

That's an all snow picture for Chingford. 

Remarkable.

BANK