Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

I think today riding the bike shall be a bit nippy,wonder how many items of clothing i can fit under my leathers! :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

looking good for the east midlands and south midlands into east Anglia tomorrow judging by BBC forecast.  lets hope it is an all snow event and we at least get a decent covering tonight and tomorrow.  I will be content with just one decent snowfall this winter if that is all we get.  good luck everyone.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Lol just looked at will it snow and I have a snow risk 18% for tomorrow, may be, and saturday, can't be right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The showers over Kent and Sussex should keep going throughout the day, hopefully continuing to fall as snow. As the wind veers more south to south easterly, some showers could start to affect coastal parts of Essex and Suffolk. So keep radar watching and hope for the best.

For tonight, the 06z GFS has snow pushing in during the late evening. Rain looks to restricted to coastal parts of Hampshire and West Sussex. East Sussex and Kent looks like all snow just (if it arrives of course). 

Western parts of East Anglia look in prime position.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi all,

Seems to be amazing uncertainty with where snow/rain will fall tonight.  The Metoffice are saying it will get nowhere near far enough east to hit Lincs/the fens/Norfolk but the GFS shows several hours of preciptation in the area.

regards

JJB

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Clouds have been sitting over the channel but they are now making inroads should be over my house in the next Half an hour , temp is 1.0 dew point 0.0 mmmm we will see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

well,bar 1 20 minute snow shower,its been yet another overhyped,poor cold spell for me,forecast is for rain for me tonight before milder air returns for the weekend,im hoping this was a warm up,and the main event is going to steam in like ivor the engine.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Shockingly there are a few flakes of snow falling from the sky here. Despite partly cloudy skies and the sun being out.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

I've lost all my snow symbols!! BBC and MO just saying cloud or rain now for overnight/tomorrow...gutted xx

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

To save the sanity of this thread can I recommend rather than asking will it snow in such & such an area to sit back read posts from members, watch the rain radar & look out the window.

No snow here!

• Like 5

Posted

Carol Kirkwood's forecast this morning was a complete no-show for the SE – the dreaded cold rain fest yet again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

I've lost all my snow symbols!! BBC and MO just saying cloud or rain now for overnight/tomorrow...gutted xx

Hi weather geek , ignore the symbols , I had snow falling and laying overnight and that was not shown it was suppose to be dry .

Posted

Shockingly there are a few flakes of snow falling from the sky here. Despite partly cloudy skies and the sun being out.

In chelmsford; wow  :O hoping for something in Leigh, still had nothing 2 years and waiting :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Just seen latest BBC forecast and it looks good for the NW of this region i.e Cambs, Northants, they even mention disruptive snowfall. More in the way of rain for London/SE but if I was honest I won't get too excited until I actually see the radar later.

Dare I say a mini ramp there teits. :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

*looks at radar*.....$"£$%£$,Herne bay could be fun on 2 wheels...now where did i put those stabilizers?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Spooky...... a few very tiny flakes falling now.

P.S those worry about apps taking the snow symbols away ignore then now at this range.......it often happens and i bet 75% of you that have seen a few flakes this morning didnt have a snow symbol !!!

• Like 1