Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , Sun and lightning
  • Location: Ditchling East Sussex , on the South Downs 12 miles North of Brighton

Quite a bit of snow in Telscombe Village East Sussex this morningpost-13406-0-29836800-1421742624_thumb.j

• Like 5

Posted

I've saved an image copy of 6pm / midnight tonight PPN predictions for later comparison to how things are looking at those times later..

Edited by Hammer
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Been monitoring this Dutch HiRLAM model for 48 hrs and spot on with the precip in Kent this morn. Looks bloody excellent for Anglia going by this model. Quite a few hours if the dew points hang in there.

201501200000-201501210300.png

201501200000-201501210800.png

• Like 1

Quite a bit of snow in Telscombe Village East Sussex this morningattachicon.gifimage.jpg

i  live in telscombe cliffs, its lovely layer hear hope we get more :D got to do school run and drive to woodingdean in a min bet theres more up there.are we due more today tonight and tomorrow... hears hoping :D  :D  :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

So how would we rate the chances of accumulations? Or is this only expected across the downs/chilterns& countryside areas? (for tonight's lot)

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Morning

Great to see that band of snow moving up

Could give a covering to central / se kent

Shweet!!

Morning Steve,

What's your feeling for tomorrow's possible snow for the SE

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

cold clear and frosty in bedford today. Met0 just show clouds for my area tomorrow until you look at the full forecast and light snow symbols are back.

Posted

Not sure I am allowed to post screen grab of METO iPhone app but will compare image of 6pm predicted, when I am finished work later and then if worth it the midnight one.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

Just seen latest BBC forecast and it looks good for the NW of this region i.e Cambs, Northants, they even mention disruptive snowfall. More in the way of rain for London/SE but if I was honest I won't get too excited until I actually see the radar later.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

A more positive post from you today TEITS ;-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

My facebook is full of pics of snow in the my home town on the sussex coast. You couldn't make it up.

Tonight.. Some of us may actually see some snow..

All charts for midnight... EURO4

15012100_2000.gif

Okay 1 degrees a tad warmer in the city and hovering around 0 in the countryside...

15012100_2000.gif

Dew point bit fiffy.. But this does drop of into the Morning.. 

15012100_2000.gif

PPN is there.. Just a case of radar and lampost watching and hoping for some surprises! I would note it does look far better this morning than off late.. 

Just check out the uncertainly in the forecast...

Today:

A very cold start with isolated mist or freezing fog patches slowly clearing in the morning followed by another cold day. Largely dry with occasional brighter spells, although a few wintry showers possible in Sussex and Kent. Maximum Temperature 5 Â°C.

Tonight:

Cold and turning cloudy with occasional showers near the coast giving a risk of icy stretches. Outbreaks of rain, sleet or snow are expected to spread from the west overnight. Minimum Temperature -1 Â°C.

Wednesday:

Cold again, with icy patches. Outbreaks of sleet and snow could accumulate in places, particularly in the east, although with some places just seeing rain. Maximum Temperature 5 Â°C.

Posted

Shame they turn the lampposts off these days, spoils one of my favourite hobbies

• Like 2

Posted

Not as cold a night as elsewhere in the region and only down to -1.6c, currently at zero. We've had snow of various sizes for about an hour which has just about covered the ground. 

I think it's almost over, though there is another blob heading into Eastbourne / Hastings. At least I've seen some snow, even if it would take the entire driveway to make a small snowball (I know, my son tried!).

I have a short video but the uploader says that mp4 files aren't allowed...does anyone have any idea what format is permitted? Thanks.

• Like 1

Posted

We actually have some light snow here in Tunbridge Wells, just enough to give a dusting.

MM