Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms

Yes nothing showing on the radar in Norfolk, remember a few years back we had nothing showing here on radar and we had a dusting of snow, those surprise snowfalls are the best!

Yeah but not a dusting though lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yeah but not a dusting though lol

Not down this end but in Leeds they have a dusting which they didn't see coming. 

Posted

Evening all. Have to say I reasonably surprised (and happy) by those snow maps - Chingford looks a decent bet for snow due to location/elevation and indeed being next to the cold of Epping Forest rather than the heat island of central London. 

Be interesting to see what transpires. 

• Like 1

Posted

Evening all. Have to say I reasonably surprised (and happy) by those snow maps - Chingford looks a decent bet for snow due to location/elevation and indeed being next to the cold of Epping Forest rather than the heat island of central London. 

Can't stress enough that the better the elevation,greater chance of snow. Could be a good bet to at least something white falling near you!

Posted

Latest fax charts not so good

Posted

Quite cold even with cloud 0.5C, -1C DP below -13C in the hearty Highlands, might get near to -20C over the snowfields, unfortunately there might not be a official weather station to record it, so it is lost in the dawn of time. I had a dream about a thames streamer then I woke up, billions of flakes swamping the ground like flour on steroids, it made me die inside. February can be great, 2012 a good example & 1991... yes the sun is stronger, but there's some truth in as the days get the longer, the cold gets stronger. In the coming days hopefully, we get some snow we are not far off, to be honest. Someone kick the PPN in Ireland up the backside. :p

• Like 1

Posted

Updated, not so good, keeping the snow north of the region,Some heavy precipitation there, a shame... if taken literally

33-574.GIF?19-18

Edited by steveinsussex

Posted

Updated, not so good, keeping the snow north of the region,Some heavy precipitation there, a shame... if taken literally

33-574.GIF?19-18

Yes that's a dismal chart :(

Posted

33-574.GIF?19-18

Errrr - not strictly true:

27-779UK.GIF?19-1830-779UK.GIF?19-1833-779UK.GIF?19-18

Nothing major but that's a few hours of snow shown for many parts of the region.

Of course this scenario of the front marching through is still at odds with the 12z Euro4 take on things so we await the updated guidance from there too.

27-101UK.GIF?19-18

Dew points supporting that story too.

Expectations not high understandably but it's worth noting once again this one will go right down to tomorrow evening.

SK

Edited by snowking
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Looks like the GFS shows a decent event for East Anglia, well at least some snow.More of a mix elsewhere but at least some scope for a dusting in parts. As SK says though it still is at odds against other output.

The pub run beyond that looks even more progressive than the 12z, story of the day to be honest.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted

Errrr - not strictly true:

27-779UK.GIF?19-1830-779UK.GIF?19-1833-779UK.GIF?19-18

Nothing major but that's a few hours of snow shown for many parts of the region.

Of course this scenario of the front marching through is still at odds with the 12z Euro4 take on things so we await the updated guidance from there too.

27-101UK.GIF?19-18

Dew points supporting that story too.

Expectations not high understandably but it's worth noting once again this one will go right down to tomorrow evening.

SK

But thats all light snow showers mainly to the north of london, nothing to get excited about before it turns to rain, thats my point....

But yes, EA looks well placed on that run

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

MetO are now gone from light snow most of Wednesday for just cloud, not even rain.  :angry:

Posted

33-574.GIF?19-18

LOL

Steve you had to skip through the snowy charts, not really giving the true picture! Seriously transient snowfall is being shown affecting virtually the whole of this region, and I'm sure many would appreciate it. :wink: but there's a fly in the ointment with Fax with conflicting ideas. Edit: interesting to see E4 18z due at 11PM.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

My friend has just rung me up to express his disgust at how BBC weather has one minute gone from snow most of the day to 'just cloud'. He says he's going to ring up the Met Office  :rofl:  There's not another subject like it! 

• Like 4

Posted

My friend has just rung me up to express his disgust at how BBC weather has one minute gone from snow most of the day to 'just cloud'. He says he's going to ring up the Met Office  :rofl:  There's not another subject like it!

BBC weather app has snow for me between 11-12 (morning) not to be taking literally by all means and a max of 2C much more like it, which will help lessen marginality, it might turn to rain but meh I will be happy if it gives me decent photo opportunities. Until I can see it on the radar, it's very uncertain.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Friday

post-17424-0-59429500-1421705933_thumb.p

Fresh south westerly wind.

Bright start but cloud will increase to bring outbreaks of rain. 

Temperatures

6-8C

Posted

Similar here showed snow for 7hours hour ago now cloudy the whole of Weds;
  • Like 1

Posted

BBC weather app has snow for me between 11-12 (morning) not to be taking literally by all means and a max of 2C much more like it, which will help lessen marginality, it might turn to rain but meh I will be happy if it gives me decent photo opportunities. Until I can see it on the radar, it's very uncertain.

It seems the one time the temperatures looks low enough then the precipitation disappears altogether! Still some snow forecast for Reading but about 8 hours less than they were forecasting an hour ago. I'm studying meteorology for a degree, yet at the end of four years at times like these I'll have not much more of a clue than anyone else. It really is a 'wait and see on the day' with snow in the south east, which is something about this country's weather I both love and hate.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Similar here showed snow for 7hours hour ago now cloudy the whole of Weds;

All it shows here is either dry or rain, depending on time, no snow.

Posted

All it shows here is either dry or rain, depending on time, no snow.

Yup quite a lot fluctuation. Gonna be fighting 2 battles tomorrow. 1- Will it fall as rain? 2. How far will the precip get and will it be organised still. Further north of our region the better.

Posted

Saturday

post-17424-0-14207900-1421706842_thumb.p

Moderate to fresh north westerly winds

Mostly dry day with sunny spells. Maybe an isolated shower (perhaps wintry).

Temperatures - 3-5C

So the weekend looks pretty decent and still fairly chilly with night time frosts.

• Like 1