Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Matt Hugo also confirms uncertainty in his posts tonight albeit possibly with a more Northen focus than SE/EA.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

My best London snowfall ever...oh I can dream

If only we could have a scandi high like that.

Speaking of Scandi highs, there could be signs of one becoming more influential as we move into February.

Last netweather monthly forecast for this winter.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=monthly;sess=

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

0800 hrs MO app has a snow symbol whooo lol it will be gone soon im sure:-)

im not far from you & MO is saying rain for me at 0800 . It was showing snow yesterday for me but not today ,gutted X

• Like 1

Posted

Thank you , yes i have my warmth now, i can feel my fingers, went to bed fully clothed and with 2 bath robes on and a hat, cant fathom out why on earth im single :cc_confused:  :yahoo:  

:) Brill

• Like 1

Posted

Just had another look just incase my eyes were playing games but its still there, suppose its a wait and see game.MO had a few snow symbols for my area last week but then went to rain again :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Poor old Steve, even when he doesn't post people are reading between the lines in terms of why! He does have a job, family etc - so more likely that than anything weather related :D

Nice one Paul. Haha. We all are weather enthusiast here. But life dictates. Let's just watch the models / MetO forecasts and see what happens. This website is full of other great posters follow them as well. Even though I do enjoy SM posts as they are relevant to our region. Come back Steve :-) Edited by LeighD

Posted

if the latest Euro4 is to be believed we have no chance.

http://expert-images.weatheronline.co.uk/daten/proficharts/en/euro4/2015/01/19/basis12/ukuk/prty/15012112_1912.gif

Main precip hits Wales/W Midlands and sinks S.

See what happens but thanks TEITS Better than the wishing / hopecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

for anyone has hasn't seen it yet, here's a link to the NetWeather forecast for February courtesy of TWS............full of eastern promise!  :cold:  :clap:

• Like 5

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Wednesday last chance saloon for some snow for those who haven't seen any (including me!) ... and all I can say is messy!

BBC forecast, snow lottery, pfffttt!

post-1052-0-35000200-1421698210_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-46443600-1421698255_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-51147400-1421698274_thumb.pn

NMM:

post-1052-0-02419500-1421698349_thumb.pnpost-1052-0-65973500-1421698371_thumb.pn

GFS:

post-1052-0-24351900-1421699648_thumb.gipost-1052-0-63622200-1421699665_thumb.gi

Take your pick, any of them could be right! But at least all the graphics have one thing in common, they show a risk of snow in most of the SE and E Anglia, the further north of London the better, so northern Home counties probably doing best to see the white stuff, a mess for London and counties south.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 3

Posted

for anyone has hasn't seen it yet, here's a link to the NetWeather forecast for February courtesy of TWS............full of eastern promise!  :cold:  :clap:

We can't even predict weather 1-2 days in advance let alone get excited about Feb!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Thanks for this AJ, little bit confused as to where the signals for Northern blocking are coming from for Feb ?

• Like 1

Posted

Wednesday last chance saloon for some snow for those who haven't seen any (including me!) ... and all I can say is messy!

BBC forecast, snow lottery, pfffttt!

attachicon.gifbbc_0500.pngattachicon.gifbbc_1100.pngattachicon.gifbbc_1500.png

NMM:

attachicon.gifnmmuk-1-36-0.pngattachicon.gifnmmuk-1-37-0.png

GFS:

attachicon.gifGFS33-574UK.gifattachicon.gifGFS36-574UK.gif

Take your pick, any of them could be right! But at least all the graphics have one thing in common, they show a risk of snow in most of the SE and E Anglia, the further north of London the better, so northern Home counties probably doing best to see the white stuff, a mess for London and counties south.

Well, there was the slightest dusting over the Hogs Back this morning.  However, I really hope to see something a bit more substantial tomorrow night which looks to be the last chance of this cold spell.  Darren Bett looks happy with that forecast!

• Like 1

Posted

Interesting these rogue snow showers, that pop up with some intensity, and then die fairly quickly. Must be some instability up above - very localised. GFS shows convection/ppn due to instability over the North Sea...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

met office said sleet for me weds, now its gone, i don't think they have a clue whats going on at the moment  :fool:

• Like 1

Posted

snowing now in mid norfolk  heavy at times

snowing now in mid norfolk  heavy at times

yep let you off just checked me rain alarm big red dot in North Norfolk!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

ment to be -2 outside, doesn't feel as cold as it did last night, 

• Like 1

Posted

I do not see anything on the radar? :cc_confused:

Some reports of this over on The Midlands thread too - have seen this quite a few times in the last few years. I remember being back at uni in Cheltenham and having half a CM of snow outside having fallen through the night and nothing at all showing on radar. I'm sure theres an explanation, possibly just too fine for radar to pick up.

Worth keeping an eye on those lamp-posts though.

SK

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

temp 0.7 dp -0.6 and still cloudy, nice to see the temps dropping under cloudy skies, maybe if something does fall here later it may be snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Yes nothing showing on the radar in Norfolk, remember a few years back we had nothing showing here on radar and we had a dusting of snow, those surprise snowfalls are the best!

• Like 1