Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Darren Bett does seem to be mentioning the word snow a lot more for us on weds early morning and petering out weds afternoon the graphics actually don't look to bad for north of London with plenty of white stuff with no mention yet of any accumulation but I think later bbc forecast will 100% mention this hopefully

• Like 1

Posted

Well with the overnight flip to milder conditions longer term on today's models. The lack of anything of substance, if at all, snow wise in the hi res short term and no Steve M I think it is time to brush ourselves down and put this spell down as another close but no cigar situation.

We have a couple of days mildness over the weekend and early next week to get through and if we are lucky we might start seeing some decent charts again.

After 10 or so years, I am pretty battle hardened and with a shrug of the shoulders I move on.

Frankly I see little point of cold without snow, so I'm happy the to get this spell over and done with and deal the next hand.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Local forecast mentions snow for parts of London and the south east, mostly to the north and west of central London. So still hope, though at the moment it looks insignificant in terms of accumulations.

Posted

Well t48 from 12z GFS definitely has PPN for region albeit maybe not far NE Norfolk.

EURO4 in comparison hardly has any at t48 and keeps it over other side of country.

Graphics on local BBC TV must be out of date as they also show PPN at t48 for region and I'd have thought would be more aligned to other data like EURO4.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

I'd be willing to place a large wager that this precipitation will be a lot weaker than suggested by the models, we've seen this a few times before and in my experience more often than not when high pressure over Scandi is exerting it's authority the front decays to very patchy light precipitation before it even gets to London.

We'll see, there are a few exceptions obviously but that's my view on it I think there may be a bit of a light icing sugar dusting over parts of the region but at this moment I have my doubts about even the favoured areas in this region recieving anything 'significant'

Edited by Weathizard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Cloudy and cool here now. Maybe the cloud cover is preventing the temps from dropping.

As for snow, yes disappointing after some of the modelled forecasts, but hey we still have plenty of time for it to arrive.... Remember 3rd Feb 2009?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

ah the channel low,what an event that was,the drifts were amazing,what i wouldnt give for another channel low

Posted

ah the channel low,what an event that was,the drifts were amazing,what i wouldnt give for another channel low

Feb 3rd 2009 was a Thames streamer not a channel low, when the Met put up a red warning for my area it was probably 3rd happiest day of my life after my wedding day and the birth of my daughter :D

• Like 3

Posted

Yellow warning issued for snow/ice for north sea coastal districts. Wasn't expecting that tonight

just seen the radar  looking  good for norfolk/suffolk    for  to  night was not expecting the snow we  got this morning at  work   a very nice surprise!!!

Posted

The absence of Steve M is very telling indeed, time to draw a line now.

Never mind

Maybe reverse psychology will work

Poor old Steve, even when he doesn't post people are reading between the lines in terms of why! He does have a job, family etc - so more likely that than anything weather related :D

• Like 4

Posted

My met office app says that it has been snowing here for the last 2 hours yet they say the chance of a shower is less than 5%? I am also down for snow for 6 hours tomorrow morning before turning back to rain and sleet on Wednesday? We're see.... It's not doing much at the moment!

Posted

Poor old Steve, even when he doesn't post people are reading between the lines in terms of why! He does have a job, family etc - so more likely that than anything weather related :D

Its all part of the reverse Psychology!

Posted

0800 hrs MO app has a snow symbol whooo lol it will be gone soon im sure:-)

Posted

I agree.. And it's a hobby for us all.. So why spend your free time doing something you don't enjoy like spending time online chatting about mild charts.

In the past Steve has dropped by when he feels like it to other a review on what went wrong, buggers off for a bit and then returns for the next instalment..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

You can`t write Steve off yet. He spoke about the channel low and it is still there on latest fax. Combine that with Hirlam precip chart and he is still in the game.

fax48s.gif?1

201501191200-201501210800.png

• Like 2