Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Omg I take it back I've seen Darren ( mild Bett ) forecast snow for Tuesday night weds

For where?

Posted

Well my nearest wunderground weather station is giving snow for Tuesday night and Wednesday!!

What station do you use John? I'm just downy the road from you...

Posted

Omg I take it back I've seen Darren ( mild Bett ) forecast snow for Tuesday night weds

Supported by GFS 12Z - snowfall accounting to several cm of snow widely for parts in SE/EA

post-19153-0-44632200-1421684612_thumb.jpost-19153-0-19940100-1421684641_thumb.jpost-19153-0-74835100-1421685794_thumb.j

Eastern England & far SE, holding onto the cold 850s east is best going by this individual run precipitation is about and not reserved to CE - it is likely to fall as snow in a number of places, caveats apply. :) let's hope we get a wee upgrade so those further west can join in the fun, it is marginal but nocturnal cooling is helpful.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Just need to get those DP's down a smidge Tomorrow night into Weds morning and *some* of us may wake up to a light dusting 0-2cm Weds morning. Better than nothing, but very very borderline, especially the further South you are and on the coasts of course.

Edited by Shrimper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

still frost on the ground and the dusting of snow from last night, where the sun didnt melt it, fingers crossed for some snow for me, mid week, as i have  not seen any snow yet again, this year  :search:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

still frost on the ground and the dusting of snow from last night, where the sun didnt melt it, fingers crossed for some snow for me, mid week, as i have  not seen any snow yet again, this year  :search:

Slept through my ten minutes of snow! :doh: Frost pockets here all day too and new frost developing.I do hope you have heating tonight as it is going to be very :cold: :cold:

Don't go in the mad thread

Mood as usual isn't great

I think the models are all agreeing with each other that the cold spell, (if that's what you can call it) ends this weekend.

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Slept through my ten minutes of snow! :doh: Frost pockets here all day too and new frost developing.I do hope you have heating tonight as it is going to be very :cold: :cold:

I think the models are all agreeing with each other that the cold spell, (if that's what you can call it) ends this weekend.

Ive got heating yay  :yahoo: , i was sitting here with a hot water bottle this morning until it arrived, i even done my 2 cats one each as they were huddling, yep i cant believe i missed a few flakes

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summer, cold winters.

Darren bett of all people ramping up the snow potential for se\ea on wednesday.looks much more promising than earlier forecast.glad u got your heating jo.your gonna need it 2nite.

• Like 3

slim risk of 20mm snow is better than a kick up the bum.

But, frankly is this the best we can squeeze out of winter so far :pardon:

Ive had just 2 photo opportunities so far, patterned frost on the car and a hoar frost, which was very pwetty.

Friend of mine on facebook now booking for scottish highlands holiday next winter..............

Edited by mickeyb44

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Ive got heating yay  :yahoo: , i was sitting here with a hot water bottle this morning until it arrived, i even done my 2 cats one each as they were huddling, yep i cant believe i missed a few flakes

YAY! now don't let it run out again :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

That explains the model output swing to milder weather by Friday  :rofl:

It's probably a good thing, the coldest night of the winter so far tonight. I expect temperatures to fall below -5C in places tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summer, cold winters.

Just poped into mo thread.we may only be looking at a 2 day mild blip before pm air floods back in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

Darren bett of all people ramping up the snow potential for se\ea on wednesday.looks much more promising than earlier forecast.glad u got your heating jo.your gonna need it 2nite.

Linky for the forecast? :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Just poped into mo thread.we may only be looking at a 2 day mild blip before pm air floods back in.

Polar Maritime air isn't great for snow in our area. Nice clear / clean skies though. :)

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

We have only just passed the halfway stage of Winter, still plenty of time and like Snowflake queen says we do well in Feb for snow....and also there is the start of early spring which can also bring decent snowfall.

I think because of last year people are acting like drama queens in the MO

If it's mid July do you rule out a heatwave at some time during the rest of summer? ....No !!!

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Thank you , yes i have my warmth now, i can feel my fingers, went to bed fully clothed and with 2 bath robes on and a hat, cant fathom out why on earth im single :cc_confused:  :yahoo:  

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Good to hear your heating is back. My cat has been glued to the radiator all day. :oops:  (Not literally I'd better add.)

Posted

Good to hear your heating is back. My cat has been glued to the radiator all day. :oops:  (Not literally I'd better add.)

glad you added that, people would of been on the phone, calling the rspca  :help:

• Like 2