Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Very frosty here,suns trying to come out, but blinking cold 

Posted

There is a slim chance that there will be disruptive snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday in this region.  This was always a marginal event and now we're moving away from snow to cold rain.  We just needed the current air (uppers) to be colder and the angle of attack to be more acute to prevent the warmer uppers and warmer dew points coming into the mix.

Maybe next time?

Edited by mulzy
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Well, my prediction/gut instinct was wrong - we have a faint, vry patchy dusting of snow here - nowhere near enough to be of any use, but it's there all the same, so I was officially wrong! :D:oops:

• Like 1

Posted

There is a slim chance that there will be disruptive snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday in this region.  This was always a marginal event and now we're moving away from snow to cold rain.  We just needed the current air (uppers) to be colder and the angle of attack to be more acute to prevent the warmer uppers and warmer dew points coming into the mix.

Maybe next time?

Early days, i have a good feeling about this one :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Well it's my 1000th post , I have to say it's a shame that we have lost some of the regulars from a couple of years ago , I miss John pike .Anyway it's a beautiful day here current temp is 1.3 , a thick frost still remains where the sun has failed to hit , clouds are sitting to the north of me and seem to be staying there .Enjoy your day guys and fingers crossed that we might see a flake or two this week

• Like 1

Posted

iPhone METO updated, Dunstable way still looking a good spot in our region, despite other locations showing more sleety.

Only basing this on the data fed in to app. Not suggesting you all head to Dunstable as of course bound to change

No toys out of prams.

Posted

If Steve Murr says that the SE is right in the snow zone for Wednesday, then it will be

I can't recall the last thing he got wrong

Keep the faith, it's coming

Yes but unfortunately overnight, as we move closer to the day, things have gone a bit pear shaped.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I can't work out whether a couple of posts here are being sarcastic.

A touch of light rain last night meant quite treacherous surfaces earlier. Now chilly, with sunny intervals. Typical January fare really.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes but unfortunately overnight, as we move closer to the day, things have gone a bit pear shaped.

It seems a marginal event at the moment, but at the end of the day it will all boil down to dew points, like yesterday

If the dew points are in our favour then with 18 hrs of precip it is unlikely there would not be snow cover of some sort, more so higher up like north and south downs.

There will be upgrades and there will be downgrades, it is going to be a now casting time

Edited by Paul

Posted

There's been loads of ramping some stunning charts over the last few days but as ever the weather does what it wants to do never trust charts past 3 hours out

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Very odd the difference a matter of a few miles can make.  There was a very light disting of snow on the pavements this morning.  My son was very excited on the way to nursery.  Hopefully we might get a useful amount in the next couple of days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

ive just looked out of my front window, and we had a dusting of snow last night, dam and i missed it 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Still 0 c here, not what I expected but happy with it :)

Lets hope someone like steve murr turns up later with more info on wednesday, whatever that might be...rain or snow or dry ?!?

Steve Murr is obviously great at what he does and has an in depth knowledge of the models but he doesn't have access to half the information the met office do so I will be sticking with them wrt snow fall. I'm not hopefull at the moment but things will hopefully change. Edited by shotski
  • Like 1

Posted

It seems a marginal event at the moment, but at the end of the day it will all boil down to dew points, like yesterday

If the dew points are in our favour then with 18 hrs of precip it is unlikely there would not be snow cover of some sort, more so higher up like north and south downs.

There will be upgrades and there will be downgrades, it is going to be a now casting time

Not when the models correct it west, as I said last night...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

There's been loads of ramping some stunning charts over the last few days but as ever the weather does what it wants to do never trust charts past 3 hours out

Stunning charts?

All I have seen is marginal snow events from decaying fronts. 

• Like 2

Posted

it is looking quite bleak for snowfall in east kent apparently now for this week according to some people, oh well at least we dont have to watch its demise as it gets washed away by the rain!! there is always march as a possibility :)  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny in the summer, cold and snowy in the winter

Stunning charts?

All I have seen is marginal snow events from decaying fronts. 

As is stands, we won't even be seeing that now

Posted

As Steve has made clear several times he doesn't profess to claim his forecast is somehow superior to METO, just at the time of the data that is available to him and if it verified without change, how we should interpret outcome.

Thankfully for the likes of him forums like these are bearable amongst the increasing wind up merchants. (Not you I hasten to add)

Steve Murr is obviously great at what he does and has an in depth knowledge of the models but he doesn't have access to half the information the met office do so I will be sticking with them wrt snow fall. I'm not hopefull at the moment but things will hopefully change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Well the cold rainy blip

( not what I would call a cold snap ) is app over on fri.

Not that this has ever looked good for our region.

Always been a Midlands north affair.

Great for them though.

To be fair yeah we have had a few frosts , but I had better frosts before Xmas than this.

Not dissapointed because nothing really showed for us

Roll on the next cold charts.

Who's with me

Ha ha

Edited by snowbob