Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

On Steve's snow chart above, what causes the blue zone to scoop round and inclue some of the SE?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

On Steve's snow chart above, what causes the blue zone to scoop round and inclue some of the SE?

The triple point of the frontal system gets pretty close to London and this shunts the PPN a little further Eastwards

• Like 1

Posted

Really confused why you post a chart for the following day, as by then the PPN will be in France

There should be a mass of PPN not showers associated with cut off low

It seems like you'll do anything to downplay any potential?

We'll see what today brings :p EDIT: I don't think anyone has mentioned convection...

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Really confused why you post a chart for the following day, as by then the PPN will be in France

There should be a mass of PPN not showers associated with cut off low

It seems like you'll do anything to downplay any potential?

We'll see what today brings :p EDIT: I don't think anyone has mentioned convection...

All this heavy snow, you mean?

post-7073-0-38497100-1421629288_thumb.gi

I'm not downplaying anything, I'm being realistic. The GFS is still likely to correct South-West meaning the PPN will probably be going with it. I see 0 evidence of the "heavy snowfall" you mentioned. Even if the 18z were to verify exactly how it is, our region wouldn't see much more than 2-4cm

post-7073-0-37651300-1421629584_thumb.gi

You on the other hand seem pretty content in over playing the snow risks.

• Like 3

Posted

Ok thanks guy's dont want to be in the mix now, tho it would be nice to see a flake down here even if there is rain aswell.:-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Ok thanks guy's dont want to be in the mix now, tho it would be nice to see a flake down here even if there is rain aswell.:-)

Just seen the weather for the week ahead and this cold spell looks like a huge dud for our region. Hope it is wrong and we get a decent easterly. Rely on the models Saint, the forecasters make their tv forecasts from the models. :doh::p:rolleyes: After 7 years plus on here Saint :laugh: Never mind :rolleyes: well maybe I've cursed it by saying it looks like a dud and it will turn into a snowfest instead.

post-21581-0-77735800-1421630395.gif

Edited by lassie23

Posted

Just seen the weather for the week ahead and this cold spell looks like a huge dud for our region. Hope it is wrong and we get a decent easterly.

Hi Lassie... You need to rely less on forecasts and more on models. Tonight's models are showing a fair covering of snow for some parts of region in the coming days, as has already been discussed. Whether this turns out correct? We're not sure yet, but it's certainly not  a dud based on tonight's models.

Surely after 5,000 posts you've realised to look at models and less on forecasts?  :rolleyes:  :laugh:

Edited by saint
  • Like 2

Posted

Lassie- The forecasts wouldn't have been updated with the latest models, and forecasts are constantly catching up, therefore often out of date even by the time they go live. 

Also, after 5,000 posts, I thought you'd understand that replying to a post is much easier than editing your own post to reply...  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Lassie- The forecasts wouldn't have been updated with the latest models, and forecasts are constantly catching up, therefore often out of date even by the time they go live. 

Also, after 5,000 posts, I thought you'd understand that replying to a post is much easier than editing your own post to reply...  :laugh:  :laugh:

A reply it is then Saint, thanks for the info. :hi:

Posted

Cumulatively there would be more than 2-4cm, GFS 18z has precipitation over the SE for near on 24 hours and it is purely snow, I doubt we would muster only the above - some patchy snow showers moving S at this moment in time.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Morning pups, nothing to get excited about this morning regarding snow for this week. Not to say it won't change but a possible dusting (if we're lucky) on Wednesday is the best we can hope for.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm sunny Summer days and deep snow in Winter with everything in between

Emerged from my house at 5:55am this morning expecting the ice that had formed on the car window at 8pm last night to be even thicker.

Was surprised to see it had disappeared and temp had risen.

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

my phone app for the met office & bbc both tell me ive got mostly rain ,sleet at best Tuesday & Wednesday .got to be honest ,so far they have been spot on for me . I reckon its going to be a look out of the window job . some may be lucky ,looks quite marginal to me ,at the moment . subject to change of course ,heres hoping anyway ! Have a great Monday everyone x

Posted

Indeed - my met office app is now saying 2c and rain / occasional sleet all day on Wednesday which is unpleasant... Still time to change but I just don't think it will be cold enough :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I woke up at 3am this morning and there was thick frost everywhere, 3 hours later and it was completely gone. Temperatures sitting just above freezing with extensive low cloud outside.

Posted

Indeed - my met office app is now saying 2c and rain / occasional sleet all day on Wednesday which is unpleasant... Still time to change but I just don't think it will be cold enough :(

:( Clouded over here but frost still remains.

Edited by Biggin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, snow and cloud formations

Woke up at 6am this morning to see the cars have a light dusting of snow on them. Checked the radar and we had a small snow shower pass. Temp seems to have dropped a little since then too. Happy Monday all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Now the cloud has cleared and the frost is reforming.