Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

Updated FAX for our region shows the occlusion east of the triple point pivoting snow into the south East, concerns & headaches about eastern & Northern Extent

but at this range still flex in all directions...

S

I will try & do a forecast for this region tonight Clark

What would it take to deliver us in the SE, and by that i mean South of London, atleast 5CM's of snow?

Sorry for the very IMBY question

Posted

Steve is with me we'll see !

Mention of 10cm near Oxfordshire even accumulations in London albeit not much - very interesting.

And that is why we must never take every run as a gospel until within 48hr-72hr.

Well that kink of frontal activity is likely to stall out so as long as your in it someone will get a few cms, problem is the band will be 30 -50 miles north to south so its a thin band!!!

impossible to say where exactly the sweet spot is, but by that fax central London into NW kent & NW London looks OK.....

It will of course move though- probably SW if anything....

S

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

Updated FAX for our region shows the occlusion east of the triple point pivoting snow into the south East, concerns & headaches about eastern & Northern Extent

but at this range still flex in all directions...

S

I will try & do a forecast for this region tonight Clark

PS the front over the humber has moved STEADILY in the last 4 hours SSE, now due South.

Its still mobile so against the odds we cannot discount it. It would certainly arrive at optimum time.

S

Thanks Steve great stuff,

Just watched bbc week ahead weather, they didn't seem very confident in the weeks forecast with a lot of uncertainty! But showed temps around 6 degrees most days! Think they are over estimating temps! Look forward to your forecast Steve!

Thanks ryan

Posted

Just a little reminder, this is not the model thread (thank GOD), its the 'southeast England and east anglia - Weather chat' thread.

Not taking sides, just wanted to point out the name of this thread. Have a nice evening all :)

Does that mean posting models and discussing the potential for down here is not approved in this thread?  :laugh:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

I reckon the sweet spot is a 5 mile radius of ME2 1AQ - 5 cm between 2.30 am and 2.41 am tomorrow. Book it !

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Met office says snow for me between 1 and 3 am in high wycombe is that true

When buddy?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

Met office says snow for me between 1 and 3 am in high wycombe is that true

I wouldn't wait up but it might do.... Maybe get your sleep in now for better synoptics in the coming weeks

• Like 1

Posted

Precipitation up north has some bright echoes I think it will survive hopefully it intensifies & pounds the SE. :D

Not gonna happen. Straw clutching I am afraid. 

• Like 1

Posted

Of course not saint :)

'Chat' is a friendly term though.

I have ramped and hopecasted in this thread quite a few times, its harmless to be honest.

Exactly, someone said before that my POSSIBLE prediction would give people false hope, as if anyone is going to take notice of what i say anyways, posters on NW take as gospel stuff TEITS, WIB, Steve Murr, Tamara etc and rightly so, they are not going to look at the post of some random enthusiast and go out panic buying

Enthusiast, snow lover/obsessive is what I am, in terms of models I don't know my ass from my elbow, my posts are a mixture of optimism and enthusiasm based on limited knowledge

Edited by John Snow
  • Like 4

Posted

Predictive PPN suggests that PPN won't move much over next 6 hours, then fades.

I think you are right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Overnight

Clear and cold for most, there is a trough which could possibly bring a wintry shower to coastal parts of Norfolk and Suffolk.

Temperatures down to between 0C and -5C

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-38524000-1421609964_thumb.p

Slack northerly wind

Sunny spells for most areas, again that trough could bring a couple of wintry showers to the Norfolk and Suffolk coast.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-25-0.png?18-18

Cold at 2-4C

Overnight

post-17424-0-45475100-1421609965_thumb.p

Clear and calm, fog forming in places

Temperatures between -1C and -5C

Tuesday

post-17424-0-46837600-1421609966_thumb.p

Slack and variable winds

A mostly dry and bright day for us once early fog clears. 

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?18-18

2-5C

Won't go further than this for now.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Well I'm looking at 2 hours of light snow from 2-4 am can't wait

Ah tonight. There is the scope for showers to continue to move down central england, these of course snowy as temps,dew points all in the right place. Just a case of watching out, showers mainly light but a few making there way this south still possible.

Hahah. You know you want to talk through the fax for wednesday,  :rofl:

Posted

Sorry I am now confused, someone on the mod thread head has just said the ecm144 is poor.

Katie

Me too.

Posted

I reckon the sweet spot is a 5 mile radius of ME2 1AQ - 5 cm between 2.30 am and 2.41 am tomorrow. Book it !

Brilliant  a sense of humour on  here, join the club, rare as a Thames Streamer.

Edited by Biggin

Posted

Overnight

Clear and cold for most, there is a trough which could possibly bring a wintry shower to coastal parts of Norfolk and Suffolk.

Temperatures down to between 0C and -5C

Tomorrow

attachicon.gif18-24h.PNG

Slack northerly wind

Sunny spells for most areas, again that trough could bring a couple of wintry showers to the Norfolk and Suffolk coast.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-25-0.png?18-18

Cold at 2-4C

Overnight

attachicon.gif18-36h.PNG

Clear and calm, fog forming in places

Temperatures between -1C and -5C

Tuesday

attachicon.gif18-48h.PNG

Slack and variable winds

A mostly dry and bright day for us once early fog clears. 

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?18-18

2-5C

Thanks Captain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

So Tuesday night onwards

post-17424-0-49598400-1421611100_thumb.ppost-17424-0-49141400-1421611101_thumb.p

Putting Tuesday night and Wednesday together here

We see the winds backing from the south west to the south east, this is good news as we see a colder continental feed that will reduce dewpoints and potentially allow snow to fall to low levels away from the south coast.

This is a tough forecast beyond this as the front will be weakening at quite a rate as it disrupts against the cold continental air ahead of it. So the issue is how much precipitation could we see.

Personally I am rather sceptical of any meaningful amounts, probably a dusting at best with an inch possible over the Chiltons. Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Kent I would expect to stay mostly dry to be honest, maybe even a little sunshine in the far east.

Temperatures overnight - Around 1C to -2C

Temperatures on Wednesday - probably between 0C and 3C generally.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Captain, whats your % prediction of the track of the low(s). Set in stone this close or modifications could still occur?

Posted

So Tuesday night onwards

attachicon.gif18-60h.PNGattachicon.gif18-72h.PNG

Putting Tuesday night and Wednesday together here

We see the winds backing from the south west to the south east, this is good news as we see a colder continental feed that will reduce dewpoints and potentially allow snow to fall to low levels away from the south coast.

This is a tough forecast beyond this as the front will be weakening at quite a rate as it disrupts against the cold continental air ahead of it. So the issue is how much precipitation could we see.

Personally I am rather sceptical of any meaningful amounts, probably a dusting at best with an inch possible over the Chiltons. Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk and Kent I would expect to stay mostly dry to be honest, maybe even a little sunshine in the far east.

Temperatures overnight - Around 1C to -2C

Temperatures on Wednesday - probably between 0C and 3C generally.

Sometimes these knife edge situations produce the best result.

• Like 1