Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Hope so john

Would love a dusting tonight

Dare I say things might be getting better for us southerners .

• Like 2

Posted

That blob of very heavy snow over Hull looks like it is heading straight for London / South East, no signs of it weakening on its travels

Very interesting night ahead

Indeed been following it for hours. Exciting times. Heavy snowfall reported in a number of places. Is it a low making its way down the North Sea? Not sure what to make out of it.

• Like 1

Posted

Predictive PPN suggests that PPN won't move much over next 6 hours, then fades.

That blob of very heavy snow over Hull looks like it is heading straight for London / South East, no signs of it weakening on its travels

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I just don't understand the seven day forecast charts.... for example how they can say 80percent chance of snow in the morning and zero a few hours later. The snow/sleet forecast for my area for this evening has now disappeared altogether....is there really any point in having them?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Yes SOME,

120 is out just need a bit more sliding angle & were in the game again, which is certainly possible....

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015011812/ECU0-120.GIF?18-0

S

192 could be interesting, reinforcing of scandi heights ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and wind

MO have me down as sleet for wednesday - this is a bold move haha. :shok: upgrades in the short term for our region, it is conducive to snow let's hope we get the PPN - I'd BANK the ECM pronto.

Sorry I am now confused, someone on the mod thread head has just said the ecm144 is poor.

Katie

Posted

Hope so john

Would love a dusting tonight

Dare I say things might be getting better for us southerners .

If it makes its way down to the south I can see an inch or two settling, more on higher ground

I am sure the Met are watching it closely, would be a nice bonus to compensate for the rain/sleet this morning

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Can't see that clump of showers reaching London it will die out according to the latest bbc weather forecast

That's the general thoughts at the moment. Looking like it's started to weaken already. Be interesting to see what the Euro4 shows. Should be out now?

Posted

It will weaken over the midlands

Posted

If it makes its way down to the south I can see an inch or two settling, more on higher ground

I am sure the Met are watching it closely, would be a nice bonus to compensate for the rain/sleet this morning

Been watching it for most of the afternoon, and it's not making any inroads South, so not expecting it to get anywhere near us

Posted

John the PPN will not make it much further south. It will linger around current location, fade.

Nonsense to suggest couple of inches down here. 

Edited by Paul
Removed un-needed comments
  • Like 4

Posted

John the PPN will not make it much further south. It will linger around current location, fade.

Nonsense to suggest couple of inches down here. But having read your other posts. 

it is still moving south to my eye, and perhaps a slight weakening but there some building behind... BBC graphics do not do justice...

Edited by Paul
Removed quoted comments - if you have an issue with a post report it, don't respond to it.
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything even slightly exciting & less Vanilla.

It won't reach us in Kent .... 

All I want is a week of below 2C days and 6 inches of snow ... then mild all the way for all I care..... Can't be bothered with a wintery mix and watching a blob meander south.

• Like 1

Posted

Good luck the ones who want that front to come down here you couldn't be waiting a very very long time lol

The best chance for us is maybe weds/ Thursday IMO

• Like 1

Posted

Cruel? Take a look at a selection of John's posts and you'll see a trend for a similar type of hugely unlikely accumulations predicted.

Not saying he isn't entitled to his view. Just it does seem ever so slightly like trolls this site has had over the years.

Understood but it cannot be discounted... Several inches not a chance in hell.

It was expected to die out by now - it's still has got some energy to it. And showery activity behind it is also gradually sinking southwards, so we might get some remnants. Just a matter of watching the radar. :)

post-19153-0-02168200-1421608351_thumb.j

Posted

Yes SOME,

120 is out just need a bit more sliding angle & were in the game again, which is certainly possible....

http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/ecmwf/runs/2015011812/ECU0-120.GIF?18-0

S

Steve how confident are you that our region will see snow this week? What days do you predict the snow to fall?

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

Updated FAX for our region shows the occlusion east of the triple point pivoting snow into the south East, concerns & headaches about eastern & Northern Extent

but at this range still flex in all directions...

S

I will try & do a forecast for this region tonight Clark

PS the front over the humber has moved STEADILY in the last 4 hours SSE, now due South.

Its still mobile so against the odds we cannot discount it. It would certainly arrive at optimum time.

S

Edited by Steve Murr
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/brack2.gif

Updated FAX for our region shows the occlusion east of the triple point pivoting snow into the south East, concerns & headaches about eastern & Northern Extent

but at this range still flex in all directions...

S

I will try & do a forecast for this region tonight Clark

what about NW of region Steve. Oxon/Berks looking on that fax. Still can't get my head around triple points.. Thanks

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.

Deffo interesting viewing in the next 24 hrs. Not much adjustment required to start to affect more eastern/southern regions.

fax60s.gif?1

Edit: Steve just saw your post 12hrs ahead. Look forward to your thoughts.

Edited by StuieW