Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Last one from me. Yes PPN around and in fact more than might have been anticipated, certainly a little earlier than 12z predicted PPN had thought. Sadly DP's a little high it seems.

No reports of snow in our region with this PPN.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The ppn stretching approx from Bath to Reading has started moving very slightly ESE on the last run... let's see if that continues, but could mean the cold has a chance to dig in earlier.

The next couple of hours will prove crucial, but we need those temps and Dp's to get their act together. (temp currently 4.8 Dp: 2.0ºc)

Edited by Sno' problem
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

A light frost on the car earlier tonight in Ealing but it's melted again now so must have warmed up, not expecting anything too interesting through the night.

Frustrating hearing that it's snowing again in my hometown in NW'ern Ireland tonight, 6th snow day in a row there now while I haven't seen a single flake since moving here two years ago. Easily the most boring winter I've ever experienced up to now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp starting to drop a little now from a high of 4, back to the 3.6 it was at earlier, here's hoping it drops a lot more, and takes the DP down with it.

Posted

Rain here too, but the ppn seems to be building in strength, so maybe some places will see their temps drop in the heavier bursts which could help those on the borderline.

Unfortunately, unless things change dramatically, due to my location I am highly unlikely to see any flakes.

Good luck those on the borderline!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Not expecting anything here either I don't think, guess I'll find out in the morning if the temps drop enough, not waiting up to see today, can't lamp post watch here anyway, they turn them off around midnight.

Posted

Not expecting anything here either I don't think, guess I'll find out in the morning if the temps drop enough, not waiting up to see today, can't lamp post watch here anyway, they turn them off around midnight.

That must be a total wind-up at times like this!! I feel for you!

There is a nice clump of ppn building in the Bristol Channel right now, that might be good for Southern counties. I currently have my eye on the two tiny blobs South (ish) of Birmingham, they could also build nicely!!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Mix of rain and snow right now but most of the ppn is in the channel, everything is wet outside and not white. Maybe we will get a bit more by the morning but the precip is fleeting.

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,Snow & Snow.

I can hear the rain on my window .

I hate that they turn the street lights of from midnight. Can't see a thing outside my window. Gonna miss lamp post watching if we do get a snow night . â„â„â„

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

living in the tropics here,

temp 4.4

dew point 3.5

Posted

Close but no cigar

Dew points too high for settling snow

Could change but the heaviest part of the front has already passed through

Hopefully get something out of the sliders

Edited by John Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

I seem to always be under the hole with no PPN here. Looks a bit wet out though so must have caught a shower earlier in the night.

• Like 1

Posted

Yes, thus far at least, the worst kind of cold spell. Just the wrong side of marginal, cold rain. Hopefully the week ahead will bring more action - forecast gives us more of a chance but the set-up will be very similar.

Posted

Indeed, if we can't have snow, I'd rather it was dry with some decent frosts - like Friday night...

Looks like we might have to get a deck chair and camp stove out for the top of Reigate hill, GP!

• Like 1

Posted

In my opinion and looking at the charts I'd as things stand at the moment our chances of snow from this current cold spell are over. Yes we will have a few more frosts but its just not going to be cold enough for snow.  Still its the anticipation we love and disappointment that keeps us hoping.

Posted

In my opinion and looking at the charts I'd as things stand at the moment our chances of snow from this current cold spell are over. Yes we will have a few more frosts but its just not going to be cold enough for snow.  Still its the anticipation we love and disappointment that keeps us hoping.

To be fair, snow was never forecast for my part of the region last night - at any point - chances were always going to be increased by mid-week and that remains the case. However, a Pm NW'ly is never going to favour us and we need some luck; even better we need to see winds swing round with a more easterly component. This is not off the table just now and the back end of this coming working week is the window.

Posted

Opens curtains and ...as expected... nothing.

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 3