Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

W COUNTRY 0820 Snow reaching low levels currently as this trough moves east. Some accumulations even at lower levels.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I could be a artist, do not take red lines too seriously however that is the general area I see.

I live near bicester just north of that snow area but we have had some so keep  the faith folks ! Could lead to wide sprinkling if temps dont rise too much, settled straight away here. First snow since March 2013 

Edited by stewfox

Posted

post-19153-0-83683600-1421486664_thumb.j

High res model went for 1-2 cm for places like Norfolk looks on the heavy side might get a covering.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Well its been snowing on and off here for last hour or so, a light dusting but still more than I've seen in 2 years!

Any pics ?? Anyone...

Posted

Just been looking on the radar and all the showers at the moment look like there on a North Easterly movement,giving the Norfolk area some snow showers.I think any showers I would of thought will be up from the channel for us in Kent

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

The showers to the west of the region, are they falling as snow ? Will they continue to fall as snow ?

They most certainly are.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow deprived so anything white.

Still a few flakes here in north bucks.. I suppose you'd call it a very light dusting. Temp 1c after over night min of -2.2c. Looks to brightening from the west.

Welcome but not really an event.

Posted

In about half an hour i will find out if its rain or snow for me................

Showers are primarily snow & sleet. It should be snow for you. MO got it wrong concerning the minima many places reported sub -5C - while the MO went for no lower than -2C on the forecast. :wink:

• Like 1

Posted

im up in the Totteridge area and yeah normally do well the sky is quite white

Looks like you and Katie Wombat are higher than us as we're down on the London Rd and over the years we've just had rain - but that has changed to sleet/snow as we've driven up Hatters/ Cock Lane/ Hammersley etc.

It's snowing the tiniest flakes now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I think i will get snow any minute now, skies really grey/dark, suns gone, i waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Jo S

Posted

Showers are primarily snow & sleet. It should be snow for you. MO got it wrong concerning the minima many places reported sub -5C - while the MO went for no lower than -2C on the forecast. :wink:

Guesstimate is -4c overnight judging by the sharpeness of the frost. Probably -6c in the heart of the Forest... As you say, well below MO forecasts.

I think i will get snow any minute now, skies really grey/dark, suns gone, i waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just down the road from you - same here...

Posted

Just been looking on the radar and all the showers at the moment look like there on a North Easterly movement,giving the Norfolk area some snow showers.I think any showers I would of thought will be up from the channel for us in Kent

First batch affecting north of London {Bucks/Herts & Essex} at a ENE trajectory I'm looking towards Bath more following the M4 route. The earlier the better or the later really, by mid afternoon it will be marginal.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

Just goes to show if the conditions are right don't always need a Easterly for areas like East anglia! Happy for the Nor-folk! C u in march at center parcs. Hope we can get a few flakes in the more populated south east too

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

High res model went for 1-2 cm for places like Norfolk looks on the heavy side might get a covering.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

The sky is still clear here but a touch more cloud approaching in the distance.

Not building my hopes up today, going to look more into tomorrow mornings event and see if I can pick the bones out of it.

Hopefully no squabbles in here today?..... play nicely !!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

woke up to frost, and a light shower clipped me according to the radar, but can't say what it was. 

Reminds me as a Kid, watching the weather forecast for one saturday, saying my area in the south would get some snow showers. I got up at 7am all hopeful and noticed that our garden fence was wet from a shower i'd just missed. Yep the only snow of the whole year and I had been ten minutes late.

Posted

Raining North West Surrey ☔

That's very localised, nowt here in Deepcut! :)

Edit: Hang on, very light snow again

Edited by MarkQPR