Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

got no heating  :cold:  :cold: and a getting very frosty out there

No gas delivery today then?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

No gas delivery today then?

no, cant do it until Monday or Tuesday, i might be dead by then  :bad:

Posted

no, cant do it until Monday or Tuesday, i might be dead by then  :bad:

Have you got an electric heater to use in the meantime?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Have you got an electric heater to use in the meantime?

a very small one, i might just sleep on the floor again in the lounge, its warmer than my bedroom, i can see my breath in there  :cold: at least ive work on Sunday, i can be warm,unless i get snowed in  :rofl:

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

Saturday

Trough/occlusion moving east brings a band of shower precip to our area in the morning, could bring some wet snow given temps may still be low enough from a cold night, snow more likely settling with elevation and London probably seeing rain/sleet rather than snow. 18z Euro4 similar to UKMO meso with rain/snow areas:

18z Euro4 for 06z Sat:

post-1052-0-90757800-1421451720_thumb.gi

18z Euro4 for 12z Sat:

post-1052-0-47384100-1421451766_thumb.gi

Sunday

18z Euro4 has just rain for Sunday morning, as the front drifts north and grazes southern counties before moving away by late morning. Dew points of above 0C the culprit, but only 1C DPs gives scope for rain to snow still if heavy. 18z UKMO meso (which goes to t+36) the same:

Euro4 ppn 06z Sun:

post-1052-0-84426400-1421451271_thumb.gi

Euro dew points 06z Sun:

post-1052-0-76248900-1421451292_thumb.gi

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I will just leave this here 12:00 afternoon updated E4

attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Intriguing.. The frame before has it organised, some heavier precip I do hope the Euro 4 nails this unlike Tuesday night.

post-15543-0-15421600-1421451873_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted

EURO4 18z enhances the risk tomorrow (Saturday) 9am-12noon.

Compare to 12z run for same period.

On face of it, nothing amazing, but snow hopefully for some.

Edited by Hammer

Posted

Intriguing.. The frame before has it organised, some heavier precip I do hope the Euro 4 nails this unlike Tuesday night.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes Mark,

Close eyes on this, it will slightly warm up while it reaches our region dawning afternoon - but it will remain cold enough circa 2C, it does seem to have quite a punch not a weakening disintegrating band, snow possible M25 north more likely rain/sleety mix south of this line. I'm intrigued too. :) Previously tuesday/wednesday it was just very last minute downgrades, this might buck the trend. I'll be watching the radar closely with interest. Even Sunday E4 really does not let go, might not be a channel affair after all.

• Like 1

Posted

a very small one, i might just sleep on the floor again in the lounge, its warmer than my bedroom, i can see my breath in there  :cold: at least ive work on Sunday, i can be warm,unless i get snowed in  :rofl:

Sounds extreme :)

Must admit I have no heating upstairs only down, whilst my bedroom is not that cold it only gets the ambient heat from the rest of the house, not a fan of it too warm when trying to sleep, plus once snuggled under the duvet it soon warms up nicely.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

seems like a pretty weak scattered front approaching west to east tomorrow, any chance of the showers mixing along the way? Or not enough precipitation?

Posted

BREAKING NEWS :cold:

@russelldavis81 @CanveyIsweather Don't know if you've seen the 18Z Euro4, but has 1-2CM more widely for Essex tomorrow morning.
@CanveyIsweather Majority of the short range ENS keep it off the Coast but some deliver 2-4CM over Hampshire, Kent and into South Essex.

On my phone at the moment: https://mobile.twitter.com/essexweather

It is funny how much weather musings come across in social media into discussion nowadays. It does broaden the horizons, few years ago it was not like this. We have evolved I guess for good or worse?

Edited by Paul

Posted

That @canvey comment doesn't relate to tomorrow that the @russel comment does.

Yes I'm aware of that the 2nd tweet portrays Sunday - shortwave feature.

Setting my alarm for 8 which is just great. Usual long sleep in out the window.

But where there is some potential snow there is Daniel is on the case, i'm like them pesky pigeons...

More scenes like this pretty please :rolleyes:

post-19153-0-33465400-1421454271.jpg

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Just checked and watched forecasts again, and had a look at the latest radar, and seriously - where's the excitement coming from. ?

Any beefy looking showers over Wales fade away before they even get as Far East as Birmingham. Unless, they pep up and merge into a more organised band, which I personally can't see happening, we are looking at a lovely crisp, but dry cold winters weekend.

The more you listen to the hype, the more disappointed we will all become.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Take a look in.the model thread....the models,have back tracked somewhat to a colder outlook. Charts are posted showing the low which could deliver nationwide. Check out Steve's analysis. Nice!!

Edited by snowfish1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, frosty start out there with temperatures generally -1C to -3C this morning. Coldest spot looks like Southampton airport at -5C.

Showers currently over South west England with plenty of action pushing east from the Bristol channel. Main action looks further south than forecast last night.

Beautiful sight here, frost thick on the cars and rooftops. Crystal clear blue skies. This is proper winter, well we just need the snow now.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

Yep back to nowcast/ radar , currently a small band of snow showers crossing along from Wales basically along the infamous M4 corridor , not sure how much survives but maybe some parts of London may see first flake of snow in 2 years , all about radar watching now

Posted

Can someone tell me their honest opinion of whether I will get snow in high wycombe please

When are you hopeful? You might get a flurry today... You could get 1 or 2 cm tomorrow or possibly more - it depends if the front from the south pushes up enough... And then, it's all about the sliders - but I've no idea after that!