Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

All very frustrating think everybody hyped it up to much from all those runs just feel very deflated now, just as a kid 8pm on Christmas day knowing it had all ended, just rain here looking at everything

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

The day 4 chart is out now.

Monday night shows another hard frost (again -2C to -5C looks likely)

Tuesday

post-17424-0-73485400-1421446538_thumb.g

Slack southerly winds

East/West split I think here

East will be dry and sunny, the west might see some high level cloud associated with the front to the west.

Temperatures - 2-4C

Posted

No probs, in the end the showers will do what they like, if they give us a dusting then great. If they don't then my girlfriend gets all the spag bol and I get a Poundland woolly hat for dinner  :rofl:

Sounds like my place :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Copious amounts of snow and ice days

So many mixed signals, BBC saying one thing, met office saying another! Never been so confused.

Has anyone got a clue as to whether the north of the region is likely to get anything more than a dusting in the next few days?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

So many mixed signals, BBC saying one thing, met office saying another! Never been so confused.

Has anyone got a clue as to whether the north of the region is likely to get anything more than a dusting in the next few days?

Think the honest answer is no one knows, even the BBC weather this evening said that.

Posted

I wouldn't bank against it light dusting expected in many places tomorrow going by the Essex man he has access to high res MO model it is *25 better compared to them damn GFS PPN charts. Dew points generaly on the right side + evaporative cooling, snow will fall in a number of places especially London northwards. Also factored is the time of day it would be nice for precipitation to coincide with nocturnal cooling if we want to see accumulations.

But to say horrid odd snowflake thrown in with the rain is wrong, In all honestly. I do no ramp, well sometimes ;) but it's how I see it. Bear in mind I expect nothing really South M25, near coasts.

Just a faint idea, we might see something more substantial, than what we initially thought. We'll all see what'll happen... I think some in our region might get a few cm... Nagging feeling.

Sorry, not allowed to comment on your post:)

Posted

Back in Ealing, London for the weekend. Temperature now below freezing earlier than expected which is a positive! BBC Weather can't make up it's mind what it wants to forecast precipitation wise for us tomorrow morning, but I am optimistic I will see my first snowflake since March 2013 tomorrow. Will be up early watching the radar. 

Settling snow can wait for next week!

*EDIT* Regarding next week after a brief look in the MOD thread it has now become apparent all hope for a slider low bringing an Easterly next week is gone, and Winter is over again until the next huge flip in the models.....  :wink:

Edited by Metjet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Wednesday (treat with extreme caution)

post-17424-0-39051500-1421447957_thumb.g

It has a moderate west to north westerly flow

Early rain, sleet and snow will clear to leave sunshine and showers. This front will continue to be a talking point over the coming day or two.

temperatures - 3-5C broadly.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

I should see some snow tomorrow, so fingers crossed,  :D  :D

Posted

Fax charts are showing the Atlantic nearly broken through by Wednesday? normal service resumed?

Trends today have gone that way. That frontal system might actually provide a decent snow event as it passes through, though the end result seems to be trending back to near normal temperatures under a westerly pattern. It could all change tomorrow though :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

The pub run is the pub run..

Wait for the morning.

The GFS actually shows more snow hitting our region Sunday than it has before

• Like 1

Posted

"Latest Met Office guidance continues to suggest some wintriness on Saturday morning across Essex. 08:00 to 11:00 most likely."

"@_Peter_1980 Remaining cold from Monday to Thursday, little precipitation around but any that does fall will be of snow."

"@Dadyougeek Some snow may fall but nothing more than a dusting in Harlow. Next week remains cold with a risk of significant snow in places."

@Essexweather

Time to have some optimism although the charts do not dictate it further out - we still have a window where snow is possible.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Agree, sure wet snowflakes eventually falling somewhere, but rain is the main theme atm.

Back from the pub that early after today's ran?  what they do throw you out after a glass of snowball  :rofl:

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted

Time to sleep I think, and hope for better in the output tomorrow. Goodnight  :lazy:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

-0.3oC now, frost is well advanced on the cars, early start in the morning (before dawn) so expect to see a good covering of frost come daylight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

got no heating  :cold:  :cold: and a getting very frosty out there

Posted

0.8C as per usually 2C colder compared to the nearest weather station really quite interesting. Being next to a woodland might do something since to the west of Russia Dock woodland, it starts getting built up, Bermondsey westwards, while to the east where I am it is mostly suburbs. Light snow on the app, first for a long time. I will sleep happily shows how great my life is! I'm willing to forgive you biggin fresh start.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

My phone is saying snow Sunday for Medway.

First time I've seen that in 2 years.

• Like 2