Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I think you are wrong there's quite a bias from you? - this is totally not hope casting it is on the paper. It is fact it will get much colder thus raising the chance of snowfall. To say it's not interesting is baffling.

I haven't once mentioned the cold, I've discussed the snow potential :)

Anyways, apologies all, just trying to add some reality and trying to not get folks hopes up.

• Like 1

Posted

I vouch with you but how can you undermine the potential when it is right up for grabs. I'll say no more.

:)

Fretting about it will make sod all difference though.

Everyone calm down....

I'm back in Herts for a few days, and I'm already missing the Yorkshire thread after stepping into here...  :laugh:

Haha.

Posted

This thread is getting as bad as the model one.

Wait and see what happens. Otherwise all you'll end up with is an ulcer and a pile.

Yep a lot of misinformation and blind hopecasting going on from one or two, (well one). More annoying than the MOD thread.

• Like 4

Jeeeez like a bunch of 4 year olds some of you..

Get over it. So what if we don't get snow? How many years and you on this planet.. How many more winters do have to all go through..

And yet, some people are even saying no snow for the rest of winter.. (would love to know where you get your crystal balls from)

As it currently stands..

Tonight/tomorrow morning:

2cm dusting in some lucky spots.. I would imagine higher ground would see more and this is mainly for places west/north west of London..

Sunday:

Rain/snow possible bearing in mind it's still 48 hours away.. Chill and hopefully it will change. If it rains oh well.. We live in England.

Next week:

Not bothering yet.

What some people don't understand is this week and last week had some monster storms hail even thunder and lightning... And less than 2 days later we are plunged into cold weather the variant in are weather pattern in England is amazing..

I'm sure you would all love to have weather say in Spain high pressure year on year on.. Hmmmm.

Enjoy whatever the weather!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Ok keep up the 'hope casting ' rather than factual based forecasting

I'd love to be wrong, I really would. I hope I am.

Even though I still expect to see no lying snow this side of December this year, I think it's unreasonable to state that there's nothing interesting in the weather ATM.

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Everyone calm down....

I'm back in Herts for a few days, and I'm already missing the Yorkshire thread after stepping into here...  :laugh:

It was snowing up there today.

This thread is getting as bad as the model one.

Wait and see what happens. Otherwise all you'll end up with is an ulcer and a pile.

Pile of what?

Posted

Everyone calm down....

I'm back in Herts for a few days, and I'm already missing the Yorkshire thread after stepping into here... :laugh:

Lol you ought to have seen the other regionals some time back, we're all nice really occasionally we get grumpy. :laugh: But who can blame us? in a work environment you are never going to get on with everyone. Post quality in here can be quite good, compared to the other regionals where booze & footie fuels discussion, nothing much wrong but it can get too much...this thread is a safe haven really. Wherever you go just know, your heart will always remain in here. :wink: We must understand we all have different opinions. John Pike may be gone for some time sorry to break it to you. We all want him back, aye? :friends:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

It was snowing up there today.

Pile of what?

Certainly not a pile of snow... we'll not yet anyway  :rofl:

• Like 2

Posted

Even though I still expect to see no lying snow this side of December this year, I think it's unreasonable to state that there's nothing interesting in the weather ATM.

Yes it's a fair point

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

And yet, some people are even saying no snow for the rest of winter.. (would love to know where you get your crystal balls from)

I'm not claiming any great insight; it's just a feeling in my water. :D   I'd certainly like to be proven wrong!

Posted

Woah, there are more toys in here than Toys R Us!

I still think there is a shot at some white stuff Sun morning for our neck. Just need a bit of luck and those temps and DP's to drop off a smidge.

39-779.GIF?16-12

39-101.GIF?16-12

39-7.GIF?16-12

39-580.GIF?16-12

39-526.GIF?16-12

Edited by Shrimper
  • Like 2

Posted

Pfft Shrimper haven't spoken to you in ages and that's the best you can come up with!! Lol. Everybody chill and maybe a little less hopecasting and then we can all get along nicely. Still just under 36 hours to go plenty can change in that time. I can't hear no fat lady singing

• Like 1

Posted

BBC have gone for risk of some significant snowfall for the SE....  You lucky people.....

Good to hear, Ian went for a 25% probability which is equivalent to a 1/4 chance, we are fighting a battle ATM.

• Like 1

Posted

BBC have gone for risk of some significant snowfall for the SE....  You lucky people.....

Yes, as I was just saying in my post above. We have a shot at least. Just the DP's/Temps really that are causing a slight headache, more so for coastal regions (like me) and those further South in our region. Fingers crossed they drop off a smidge and we get a little bit of help from the snow gods. 22 months and counting since a snow flake has been seen in these parts.

Pfft Shrimper haven't spoken to you in ages and that's the best you can come up with!! Lol. Everybody chill and maybe a little less hopecasting and then we can all get along nicely. Still just under 36 hours to go plenty can change in that time. I can't hear no fat lady singing

LOL.

Don't write off Sun morn just yet is all I am saying...

Forget next week, all eyes on Sun morning....lamposts at the ready from midnight/1am Sun people.  :D

Edited by Shrimper
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

my sister and I used to do rain dances in the garden when we were younger, we actually thought it worked as well. (it was in April so it was bound to rain haha) Maybe if we all go outside and do a snow dance we would get snow?

Edited by Mesoscale

Posted

Lol you ought to have seen the other regionals some time back, we're all nice really occasionally we get grumpy. :laugh: But who can blame us? in a work environment you are never going to get on with everyone. Post quality in here can be quite good, compared to the other regionals where booze & footie fuels discussion, nothing much wrong but it can get too much...this thread is a safe haven really. Wherever you go just know, your heart will always remain in here. :wink: We must understand we all have different opinions. John Pike may be gone for some time sorry to break it to you. We all want him back, aye? :friends:

J.P left for his own reasons (Fair reasons) So I don't think you're going to persuade him back with a hugging smiley!  :laugh:

• Like 5

Posted

Was this forecast for significant snow for the south east live... If so then maybe it might suggest some postive in the latest runs we so not get to see.

Posted

Yes, as I was just saying in my post above. We have a shot at least. Just the DP's/Temps really that are causing a slight headache, more so for coastal regions (like me) and those further South in our region. Fingers crossed they drop off a smidge and we get a little bit of help from the snow gods. 22 months and counting since a snow flake has been seen in these parts.

LOL.

Don't write off Sun morn just yet is all I am saying...

Forget next week, all eyes on Sun morning....lamposts at the ready from midnight/1am Sun people.  :D

If I squeeze my eyelids tightly I can make the maps just snow here IMBY on the edge of the Forest towards the north of our region. Then I open them again and it's raining. It could be so marginal here that it's snowing in Epping Forest itself and raining in Chingford. I'll take that at this stage!  :D