Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

We have what appears to be a "sleety mix" here in Hailsham and very dark skies.

Re Sunday, my instinct tells me that my area will be too near the coast to see any snow but if anyone more knowledgeable can share a view that would be much appreciated.

Posted

Bbc news 24 8.57 kirkwood

Had a weather front coming up from the south with snow north of the m4

Yes showing snow on the north western fringes of our region. Heavy rain for the rest although that hopefully will change.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning

Not been out, looks colds, shed sensor is reporting 2.7oC, no frost visable and looks more dry and calmer than yesterday.

Posted

Yea!  looks like its turning to sleety-snow !  The first I have seen here since early April 2013.

Actually more like sleety-sleet now.

Posted

Bbc news 24 8.57 kirkwood

Had a weather front coming up from the south with snow north of the m4

What is it with this frickin bloody north of the M4 quote!! Is like "sorry southern lovers, but due to the consistency price rise of all property values and concrete greyness color of all your buildings and due to the fact that fibre optic is a lot faster down there then in leeds, we would like to stick a quote in everytime that a snow band comes from south to north/ west to east/ or north to south, that is North of the M4, unfortunately you have us when it comes to an easterly or a thames streamer, but were working on it!!" 

Just wondering what is it with that bloody road,, some special heated tarmac??

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny summers and snowy winters

where's yamkin!? 

we need to know what croydon council's plans are - have they had access to 'special' forecasts?! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

legrandefromage, on 16 Jan 2015 - 06:55, said:snapback.png

I think everyone in the model thread has just committed suicide

Oh yeah, so they have, always worth a read for a quick chuckle that thread, politics, war, violence, poverty etc in the world, they can all cope with, lack of snow in the output and they are leaping from tall buildings, bridges etc like lemmings.

Cold and dry with dull overcast tones is today's theme here weatherwise.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

where's yamkin!? 

we need to know what croydon council's plans are - have they had access to 'special' forecasts?! 

I would imagine they will be throwing it down ten fold for the next week....after all they probably have a back log of it to get rid of from last year  :rofl:

Posted

Had a feeling things might go this way :(

What way Steve?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,Hot `n` sunny!

The loony thread should have restricted access to being able to post there. Also too much "My post is better than your post" going on.....so hard to try and learn when there's too much ******** going on!

Oh, it's raining.

• Like 1

Posted

What way Steve?

A vastly watered down version of what the models were showing; there is still some potential but no doubt it's looking like some cold rain now

Posted

A vastly watered down version of what the models were showing; there is still some potential but no doubt it's looking like some cold rain now

But 12hrs ago it looked a snowfest and positive posts from Fergie for us here, who is to say 12hrs from now it won't all change again?.... It often flips and flops

I wouldn't worry till it actually get's going so to speak, earlier in the week the meto issued a snow warning for the SE a few hours prior to the event, needless to say many if not all got nothing.

Edited by Kent Blizzard

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days

It's no more than a hunch, but I have a feeling that February may produce the goods in a more widespread way for us based on bits I've picked up from the more learned posters on this and the main thread.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not writing off the coming days prospects but I think we should see anything now as a bonus to what (hopefully!) might be the main event next month.

In saying the above, even if I see nothing this winter, it's already been better than last year with at least some interesting FI charts to look at! :D

Posted

raised eyebrows on the BBC and Meto forecast, with several hours of heavy snow forecast for Sunday. They're the pros and worth listening to, but I can't for the life of me see how the front will journey that far North. Not a single model currently suggests it, so i'd hold off getting excited on the Kirkwood forecast just yet, unfortunately. Lets see what the coming runs bring in case they fall into line with the forecast or visa versa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Still time for change at this time but we have a weather warning out for Sunday and Monday

A slow-moving band of rain will affect the area on Sunday, the rain turning heavy at times, potentially leading to accumulations of more than 20 mm quite widely. There is the risk that the rain could turn to sleet or settling snow, especially over hills.

The public should be aware of the risk of localised flooding.
A front will move slowly across the area on Sunday, clearing during the early hours of Monday. Rain will be heavy at times, and as cold air cuts beneath the rain-bearing cloud, it may turn to sleet or snow.

So at the moment this is being seen as a rain event with a little sleet and snow thrown in at times. Hopefully we can get lucky and see an all snow event. Precipitation look quite heavy for an early warning to be released.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

There has just been a yellow warning for rain Sunday into early Monday:   here

Up to 20mm. There is a chance at sometime it may turn to snow but the warning is only for rain at the moment. If we could get some cold in the flow that could be heavy snow over hills.

Edited by i'm dreaming of...

Posted

Still time for change at this time but we have a weather warning out for Sunday and Monday

So at the moment this is being seen as a rain event with a little sleet and snow thrown in at times. Hopefully we can get lucky and see an all snow event. Precipitation look quite heavy for an early warning to be released.

Agree Captain

We can take comfort that the warning earlier in the week stated snow yet all we got is rain so maybe this time we will get the luck

• Like 2