Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I just check the 12z... Doesn t look that great , does it?

It's only just coming out, lets wait until 16:30 when the GFS and UKMO are fully out.

It's really blowing a gale here now.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

It's only just coming out, lets wait until 16:30 when the GFS and UKMO are fully out.

It's really blowing a gale here how.

Fairly calm here, amazing the differences in the region the last 24hrs

Posted

still plenty of daylight here. First time since November that I haven't needed any light on yet at 4:30. Onwards and upwards! 

Been an interesting afternoon... with sun, torrential rain, sun and rain together...... neither at times. :cc_confused:  Feeling very cold in the wind which is still quite strong.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

After living on the coast for nigh 30 years last nights storm wasn't anything much, apart from a relaxing sound to drop off to sleep. To put in context, I slept though the great storm of the 80's as a child so if it got worst I doubt I would of heard it.

Chilly wind, a few light rain showers around, in fact it was much milder this morning than when I did the school run. If it snows this year here it'll be amazing.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Reached a Max of 9.6 around 1pm today but dropped to just 5.3 now and the wind makes it feel a damn sight colder.Just need to have a couple of cold dry days to cool the ground and then the snow can come next week.Simples. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Rather windy afternoon here and feeling very cold with it, few showers across the day, dry and mainly clear now, expecting a cold night ahead.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Meto Outlook for London & SE

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Cold with bright or sunny spells and scattered showers, occasionally heavy and wintry, especially on Saturday. Widespread overnight frost and icy patches.

Updated at: 1546 on Thu 15 Jan 2015

UK Outlook for Tuesday 20 Jan 2015 to Thursday 29 Jan 2015:

Cloud and rain, sleet or snow will gradually spread in from the west during Tuesday, with the risk of some snow accumulations inland, and heavy rain in the southwest. However, eastward progression of this system is uncertain, with eastern parts likely staying drier and brighter. It will also become windier, with gales on exposed coasts, and cold overnight with frost possible. Wednesday and Thursday should remain cold, with wintry showers, although these will gradually ease, with sheltered western parts turning drier. Rain remains most likely across the south, with central parts at greatest risk of seeing some snowfall. Into the weekend, drier conditions are likely to develop from the north, but staying cold. However more unsettled weather could return the following week, with temperatures rising nearer-normal.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/u10k7ct3j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

I heard the squall come through about 3am here last night, it wasn't anything of note, all of last night wasn't very noteworthy around here, we had stronger winds on the weekend and we also had stronger winds this afternoon then last night.

hi all still in Dublin, flying back tomorrow. Wind had been mad here, very nervous about flying tomorrow I'm hoping the wind will have died down. whats the outlook for next week? i have heard we may have snow in london?

Posted

hi all still in Dublin, flying back tomorrow. Wind had been mad here, very nervous about flying tomorrow I'm hoping the wind will have died down. whats the outlook for next week? i have heard we may have snow in london?

Hi madmuch,

it is not looking bad the recent GFS hopefully its on its own, bear in mind this is 10 days out and it looking certain 7> cold spell even longer, I have noticed over the last few runs that the SE has been turned up a notch if you want some snow. With warmer DPs to the west of this region so potentially quite good place to see some snowfall. Regarding snow you may see some on weekend, been some upgrades. It really will help if you are a few miles inland away from coasts. Initially it might alternate between rain & snow. Further out looks better for something more decent. Btw yes it will have died down by then. :)

post-19153-0-71910700-1421342786_thumb.jpost-19153-0-24393900-1421342809_thumb.jpost-19153-0-20504200-1421343314_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

So much for this more milder weather - already snow reported in the SW @ 200m ASL

Current obs: 7C with a -1C Dew Point

As you can see illustrated well by the below - cold air is back cleared the SE & adventure commences...

post-19153-0-66744200-1421343686_thumb.j

Posted

Hi madmuch,

it is not looking bad the recent GFS hopefully its on its own, bear in mind this is 10 days out and it looking certain 7> cold spell even longer, I have noticed over the last few runs that the SE has been turned up a notch if you want some snow. With warmer DPs to the west of this region so potentially quite good place to see some snowfall. Regarding snow you may see some on weekend, been some upgrades. It really will help if you are a few miles inland away from coasts. Initially it might alternate between rain & snow. Further out looks better for something more decent. Btw yes it will have died down by then. :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

How do you read this card?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Snow and more Snow!

12z shows snow for Kent Sunday onwards...

A bit excited

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Anybody looked in the mad thread its madness in there one minute its all on next its not, got days of these up and downs

Typical of what happens in there when cold weather is forecast.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Cold and windy end to the day here, not been raining all afternoon though.