Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Can you add non-jargon detail to let us mere mortals know what you think that might mean for London please Daniel.

• Like 2

Posted

Also looking more into next week as there is signs of low pressure systems to slide through the uk with the jet digging way south, this would then give us a build of high pressure North of us with an increasing risk of an eastley wind,much better for us in the South East I say, but still a long way off more runs to get through first but the Trend continues!!

Posted

Can you add non-jargon detail to let us mere mortals know what you think that might mean for London please Daniel.

Your guess is as good as mine. You're far from it. If we are a recipient of one of them beefy showers, this is looking more likely around 3am till 6am where it looks most ripe, I think we're in a good chance *snow* if we get any PPN to a certain intensity, I do not see anything settling, surface temp little too high. Temperatures should start declining by now... Also my dew point is -1C blimey!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Temp back down to 2.4, after the storm, dp back up to 1.2 Still lower than it was so getting there for later may be, but I think I'm to close to the sea.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

I know snow is near when your online :)

HAHAHA!! Let's hope so...

The showers to the West are definitely beefing up, but are decaying a bit too fast for my liking for my location. Hilly areas to the West and South of London look like they are more likely to get some more sustained ppn as things stand, but things can and will change.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Just been looking on lightning wizard, won't pretend to know what all the charts mean, but I don't think later on we have to rely on showers making it all the way from the west to here, we get our own convection, as the trough moves across. If I'm reading things right. It's still on this mornings 6z charts though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The mini tornado mentioned on here (sorry Alexis :ninja: ) I mean the small, tiny, titchy, twister was just down the road from here. :bomb: F0 if you want to get technical :p Struck at 1.30 pm during a hail/thunderstorm . Apart from that, it is cold and clear and i am waiting for snow. Anyone got some yet?

Posted

The mini tornado mentioned on here (sorry Alexis :ninja: ) I mean the small, tiny, titchy, twister was just down the road from here. :bomb: F0 if you want to get technical :p Struck at 1.30 pm during a hail/thunderstorm . Apart from that, it is cold and clear and i am waiting for snow. Anyone got some yet?

Yes, we've got some in Leeds!

Although it'd be great to see you guys get some down there.

Hopefully when I'm back in The SE/EA for a week come the weekend, we see more snow.

Posted

Yes, we've got some in Leeds!

Although it'd be great to see you guys get some down there.

Hopefully when I'm back in The SE/EA for a week come the weekend, we see more snow.

Perfect timing to be up north, did you get a lot?

Posted

Perfect timing to be up north, did you get a lot?

In my area, quite close to City, it's mainly a slight coating (still 100x better on last year) but all the surfaces have iced up so it's some of the worst ice I've see in a while!

Seen any yet tonight?

Edited by saint

Posted

In my area, quite close to City, it's mainly a slight coating (still 100x better on last year) but all the surfaces have iced up so it's some of the worst ice I've see in a while!

Seen any yet tonight?

Still waiting, one set back though, there still isn't any cloud. :oops:

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

Still waiting, one set back though, there still isn't any cloud. :oops:

And the dew points seem to be going up as well recently... Too much decay in the ppn as it stands for anything of note to make it across the country, although areas to the North West and North of London (and possibly East of that) are looking best as it stands.

Might have to call it a night myself, good luck everyone else!!

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

First few flakes began fluttering down about 10 mins ago...upto the size of 5p. I haven't checked the radar yet but it's slowing down already as if it's just a teasing quick flurry.

Posted

As expected, not a single flake made it across to Cambs.

Showers that appear to be quite beefy, suddenly evaporate when they reach half way across the country.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

As expected, not a single flake made it across to Cambs.

Showers that appear to be quite beefy, suddenly evaporate when they reach half way across the country.

Nothing round this way, as expected. Might still get a shower though.

Posted

There's a large blob of stuff heading towards London on the radar. :shok: Will the stuff be snow, will it fizzle out before it makes it here ? :unknw:

Posted

Huge heavy sleet/snow shower here everything is white! Temperature dropped from 3.5 to 0 in 5 minutes. Hopefully were get the real deal next week!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter Snow, extreme weather, mainly sunny mild summers though.

Even our one clump of PPN around Bucks/Berks is dying a death.... 

Posted

Nothing here in Rochester. Pretty sure that if it were to precipitate, it would fall as snow up here on Bluebell Hill, but doesn't look like any of the showers will make it this far East. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Posted

There's a large blob of stuff heading towards London on the radar. :shok: Will the stuff be snow, will it fizzle out before it makes it here ? :unknw:

It should survive albeit slightly smaller, this is the best chance if you want to see some flakes, very disappointed tbh. The threat of snow was overdone big time, but by looking at latest euro4 you can see why. We've had no ppn at all. Edit it's not looking good for that blob.

Edited by Daniel*

It should survive albeit slightly smaller, this is the best chance if you want to see some flakes, very disappointed tbh. The threat of snow was overdone big time, but by looking at latest euro4 you can see why. We've had no ppn at all. Edit it's not looking good for that blob.

Actually looks like the trough is sitting in the channel and was due to be further north, anyway.. Don't matter so mmany more chances this winter... And tonight is going to be wild! With one chart suggest when the front moves through we could experexperience 80mph gusts in land!!! (check storm thread)