Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Looks like the downs will get a few cm tonight, I would say about 10-15cm in the most elevated areas, but temperatures are going to be 8-9 tomorrow so I can't see any lying snow lasting long

Some incredible models from the GFS(P) and ECM though, so tonight is just a little taster of what's to come

Yeah agree but Mr Murr on MOD thread says that if latest ECM was to verify it would be a snowfest except for extreme SE :cc_confused:  :cc_confused: .Not sure if he is being ironic?Is anyone else a bit confused by that as uppers look cold enough for snow to me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summer, cold winters.

And here i am, with just a glimpse of hope where i am, will it or wont it, that is the question

think we might be pleasantly surprised in our area tonight jo.
  • Like 1

Posted

It would be nice just to see some snow falling as it's been along wait.Not to worried about settling snow just yet,if it does it will be a slushy mess.Hoping for the real deal next week if next weeks weather pattern can hold its course

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Temp dropping here, excruciatingly slowly, dew point rising?!  :cc_confused:

Currently 4.9c, with a moderate/heavy shower approaching on radar

Edited by Essex Easterly.

Posted

Norfolk snow shield in full force again :/

I've got no excuse not to go to work even if it does snow, boss will come and get me in his massive easily-goes-through-loads-of-snow truck.

• Like 1

Posted

Tonight, looks like showers will make it into the region.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-18-0.png?13-18

Look close to freezing

Dew points are around -1C

so the showers should fall as snow, especially over higher ground.

So radar watching, the showers will become more likely to fall as snow as the night progresses. Hope many of you get a dusting. Might even get a little here :)

Noticeable how, that everything pivotal to snow has dropped temp/dp/850s the way we like it over the past few days. Even I'm likely to get snow with a measly 7M... pretty much everyone is in with a chance bar S coast, where it is more likely to be wet. Isn't it exciting. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

think we might be pleasantly surprised in our area tonight jo.

I hope so,i will try to stay awake, but ive sat up many a times and nothing lol, so fingers crossed for us all, and thank you  :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Certainly is raining here now, but just rain at this time.

Posted

Noticeable how, that everything pivotal to snow has dropped temp/dp/850s the way we like it over the past few days. Even I'm likely to get snow with a measly 7M... pretty much everyone is in with a chance bar S coast, where it is more likely to be wet. Isn't it exciting. :D

Funny that because on our local weather it showed a sleet/snow shower passing right along the coast very early tomorrow morning.The moral from all of this is that because the are covered by the warning is so large, nobody can say where or won't get some of the white stuff.

Edited by Sussex Jules

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: April!

East Anglia the only area in the Southern half of England without a MetO snow warning tonight. The almost two year wait goes on.....where's that Easterly?!

• Like 2

Posted

Good evening all,

After a beautiful sunny morning, a noticeable drop in the temperature around 2pm after a heavy shower, followed by another shower a bit later on in the afternoon. Hopefully a few wintry showers will make it to our region overnight.

Posted

just started to rain here, no wind though

Posted

Funny that because on our local weather it showed a sleet/snow shower passing right along the coast very early tomorrow morning

Hi SJ, pretty marginal for you but yup some flakes when PPN comes in at a good intensity, it is extremely rare for the SE to benefit from westerlies to think we're even in this position does show how cold the N Atlantic is this year. Good thing too. I see some familiar arrivals, welcome back. :good:

In times like this we could really do, with Yamkin & his Croydon Council updates.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Hi SJ, pretty marginal for you but yup some flakes when PPN comes in at a good intensity, it is extremely rare for the SE to benefit from westerlies to think we're even in this position does show how cold the N Atlantic is this year. Good thing too. I see some familiar arrivals, welcome back. :good:

In times like this we could really do, with Yamkin & his Croydon Council updates.

i agree, where are they, they brighten up my day

Edited by Jo S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

We believe that a mini tornado has levelled a single storey garage & damaged cars on Grafton Road in #Harrow. Thankfully no one injured.

Funnily enough I had a sleet shower earlier on in the more intense ppn, I did notice there is some slight CAPE about, so volatile. Even thundersnow for western fringes, do not follow the graphics, I'd suggest. What'll be will be, no one can play god...the weather does what it wants, and asks for no input. SE is currently in a mild sector that will be pushed out the way, and then the chance of some flakes arises.

They better not report it as a mini tornado, I hate that term, and nothing that completely flattens a single story building is mini.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-36487400-1421178095_thumb.p

Fresh westerly winds

Looking at the troughs, I would suspect there will be showers until about mid-morning. These will be wintry. These will clear to leave sunny spells. Cloud will increase by the end of the day.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?13-18

Generally 4-6C during daylight hours. Rising later.

Tomorrow night

post-17424-0-94667100-1421178097_thumb.p

Gale force south westerly

A lot of rain and gusts of wind up to around 60-65mph. 20-40mm of rain possible too so flooding could be an issue in places.

Temperatures - 7-9C

Thursday

post-17424-0-42625300-1421178100_thumb.p

Strong westerly winds

Sunshine and showers after the early rain clears.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?13-18

falling to 6-8C in the afternoon. Feeling chilly in the wind.

There will be a widespread ground frost overnight.

Friday

post-17424-0-90058800-1421178102_thumb.p

Moderate to fresh west/north westerly winds

More troughs present so there could be some showers around again, these look to be of rain though.

Temperatures - 5-7C

• Like 1

Posted

They better not report it as a mini tornado, I hate that term, and nothing that completely flattens a single story building is mini.

Tornado is a tornado in my eye, and it must have been a bit of a brute to do such damage. Might have been a F3 just imagine the scenes if it tracked over Central London, luckily no one was about and it disbanded quickly although did have a sting, and it could have killed someone, luckily not on this occasion.

Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temp risen from 3.5 to 4 degrees and currently raining.I would be amazed if it did snow here tonight and wonder if the MO are being over cautious and covering themselves. We shall see by the morning!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Certainly is raining here now, but just rain at this time.

Dry here but updated forecast on BBC gives me a chance to do some lamp watching. Winter 2014/15 has arrived for some of us soft southerners.  :drinks:  

Edited by stewfox
  • Like 1