Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The temperature just dropped from 8.5c  to 4.5c in five minutes! :shok::crazy:  Thunder lightning and hail, the grass has gone white and so have the roof tops. Short intense hail storm. :bomb:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Yep, westerly skies here in Chelmsford are slowly turning a weird shade of grey/yellow....apocalyptic not quite, but something interesting on its way....

Posted

Evening all. Well, the charts look very poor for coldies at the moment. Rinse and repeat between cooler and milder with wind and rain thrown in. Perhaps an outside shot at some temporary slushy coverings later next week into week 3.

End of Jan and into Feb we look now for some potential proper white stuff. I'm taking a punt and will say look towards Scandinavia as we enter February....If that fails then the fat lady will be clearing her throat.

Afternoon all. Well it seems it is playing out as I thought it may last week. Perhaps even a bit earlier if the charts this morn are anything to go by!...a nice upgrade within the medium term for once.

I am still thinking look North East as the month of Jan departs for our cold and snowy weather. Still hopeful of some laying snow for our region before Feb. Fingers crossed eh!

Edited by Shrimper
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, blizzards, thunder snow, thunder and lightning, heat waves, tornadoes

Just heard my first rumble (and I've already had lunch).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

came over all dark, pelted down with rain and then one bit of thunder, then one flash of lightening, then blue skies again, last about 2 mins

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

First rumble of thunder for 2015 heard here in sarf London, quite an active trough just cleared through the London area.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

Meanwhile in herne bay... the sun is shining and the birds are singing... therefore hernebaylooby is moaning! ;)

Posted

I am at Aylesford at the moment. Just had a squally downpour that had a hint of wintry mix on my windscreen. Winter has arrived!

MM 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.

well someone said snow so I looked at the radar. I not surprised there has been thunder, thought i was hearing things when I heard a low rumble about half hour ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Reporting from reading. There was an absolute humdinger of a thunderstorm here with torrential rain and sleet around half 12.

Posted

London Luton and Stansted airport TAFs going for snow showers overnight (between midnight and 8am)

EGGW 131100Z 1312/1412 23011KT 9999 SCT040 PROB40 TEMPO 1312/1315 23015G25KT 5000 SHRAGS BKN010CB PROB40 TEMPO 1318/1324 3000 SHRASN BKN006 PROB40 TEMPO 1400/1408 23015G25KT 1000 SHSN BKN002

EGSS 131416Z 1314/1418 23009KT 9999 SCT040 PROB40 TEMPO 1314/1315 23015G25KT 2000 +TSGS BKN014CB PROB30 TEMPO 1318/1324 4000 SHRASN BKN007 PROB30 TEMPO 1400/1408 23015G25KT 1400 SHSN BKN003 BECMG 1416/1418 17015KT

Sleet overnight at other London airports that go out that far.

Edited by Nick F
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny or Cold and snowy

Other than a brief heavy downpour today could be mistaken for a lovely spring day. warm in the sun, nice and bright, roll on March!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Just some light rain here, continuous for a few hours so it put down a bit of surface water, feeling cooler in the breeze, now we have sunny spells the rain has stopped.

• Like 1