Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

Very knife edge going by the EURO4 12z wonder what will arise in the morning. Places such as Reading, Oxford to the W of London along M4 corridor might strike "gold" several cm of snow can be expected here if showers merge into longer spells of snow, but there's quite a lot of uncertainty regarding whom will get what. Fax definitely sniffs the potential oh boy!! must refrain from using potential.

post-19153-0-62330700-1421103257_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Yeah currently looks like those to West and North West of London and with elevation have best chance of seeing snow that lies.However,would not be surprised to see places like Biggin Hill ,Knockholt have snow that may whiten the ground.Hopefully,tomorrow's events are the starter.The main course for the SE will be early next week onwards. Just need good morning runs tomorrow from GFS,ECM and UKMO lol!!We are due a bit of luck in snow starved SE as it has been nearly 2 years since a lot of us have seen snow.Good luck to those that see snow tomorrow. Nighty nite!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Very knife edge going by the EURO4 12z wonder what will arise in the morning. Places such as Reading, Oxford to the W of London along M4 corridor might strike "gold" several cm of snow can be expected here if showers merge into longer spells of snow, but there's quite a lot of uncertainty regarding whom will get what. Fax definitely sniffs the potential oh boy!! must refrain from using potential.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Heres hoping, will keep you guys updated as your most western member in here! lol

Posted

I may have to backtrack on my words this morning about I'm not looking too far ahead at this stage, i.e i meant the weekend+ HOWEVER something interesting could be brewing Monday morning, wouldn't surprise me just in time for rush hour traffic in our neck of the woods.

Very interesting few days coming up  :gathering:

Posted

Thanks for sharing! Heres hoping, will keep you guys updated as your most western member in here! lol

Still looking good for you.

I see a pink blob in the South East of all places? let's open a bottle of champagne. :drinks:

Realistically I think the optimum time for snowfall, would be around morning rush hour circa 6am. It's quite interesting just a little to our west might be get a decent dumping. We're on the eastern fringes. I would suggest you to keep your eye on the radar this is nowcasting, with troughs about expect, the unexpected. :spiteful:

Updated EURO4 18Z

post-19153-0-89587400-1421107077_thumb.jpost-19153-0-57499400-1421106465_thumb.jpost-19153-0-39616100-1421107425_thumb.j

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

i'd settle for seeing some big flakes of snow falling with a covering! These events as you say are expect the unexpected, we have missed out on these before by several miles and also hit the jackpot when we weren't forecast a lot. A interesting day to unfold!

Posted

Still looking good for you.

I see a pink blob in the South East of all places? let's open a bottle of champagne. :drinks:

I'll see you up on the Downs, bring that champagne with you  :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

BBC weather had me down for ice in the morning, but snow was not mentioned, think I will just get rain with maybe some sleet at most, certianly not expecting anything significant or if I did it would not settle, but hey I like to be proven wrong once in a while.

Tomorrow will tell.

Night all

Posted

I'll see you up on the Downs, bring that champagne with you  :rofl:

Your both welcome this way! 

Posted

i'd settle for seeing some big flakes of snow falling with a covering! These events as you say are expect the unexpected, we have missed out on these before by several miles and also hit the jackpot when we weren't forecast a lot. A interesting day to unfold!

Looking good for your area IMO! not so sure about Cardiff, i'm quite a few miles inland if that helps haha!

Posted

Looking good for your area IMO! not so sure about Cardiff, i'm quite a few miles inland if that helps haha!

I reckon you might see some snow. Further inland the better and with elevation.

Posted

I'm hoping the meto office extend the warnings to cover more Eastern areas also, gives us all something to watch/observe...but it'll be interesting viewing anyway.

Not only that but the fruit on offer for Monday (19th) will have a warning out by Wednesday if the models continue to show it  :gathering:  :help:

It was this time frame that was mentioned after Boxing Day if you remember....Nice to see the models going for something even though as always there is plenty of chopping and changing.

With all the interest in snow/sleet let's not forget what's right under our noses...Wind, Rain and lots of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Been rather windy here all evening, really starting to roar at the min, nothing special though according to the met obs. 

Posted

Did anyone see that lovely Countryfile jet stream heading south next w/e? Almost brought tears to my eyes. And I've got 1000 litres of oil for 39p a litre coming

Happy days are here again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Been rather windy here all evening, really starting to roar at the min, nothing special though according to the met obs. 

Well all talk is about  tomorrow and Wednesday/Thursday, but it is no 'walk in the park' out there at the moment, :shok:

Can hear the rain hitting the house here that wind!!

strong winds and torrential rain hammering against the window here too.

Did anyone see that lovely Countryfile jet stream heading south next w/e? Almost brought tears to my eyes. And I've got 1000 litres of oil for 39p a litre coming

Happy days are here again.

There are rumours of easterlies :crazy: you must do well with snow from them in your location. What about northerlies?

• Like 1

Posted

Just been woken by a torrential downpour, gutters over flowing and everything, the sight of the rain flowing down the road is immense, the drains cannot cope.

Edited by Kent Blizzard
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

very quiet here, a gentle breeze and thats it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Still raining heavy here, the wind has calmed a little. Just seen the BBC weather, the snow looks like it is more for Buckinghamshire  and especially over the Chilterns where there will be a covering. The London area will get sleety wet stuff that won't stick. :nonono::angry::cray: AMANDA 2012, have a great wedding day tomorrow and whatever the weather, I hope it doesn't spoil your big day. GOOD LUCK AND STAY SAFE! :gathering:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, a cloudy and fairly calm start here. Mild still at the moment.

Interesting model output this morning ;)

ECM1-144.GIF?13-12

UW144-21.GIF?13-06

gfs-0-168.png?0

• Like 3

Posted

Oh so near, at least we have the precipitation so we have one part of the ingredients

117u6uq.jpg