Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Not wishing to sound like I am poo pooing the storm midweek, but I genuinely hope to avoid anything damaging for a change.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I would like less rain to fall, rain warnings, four days in a row, can't be good.

In fact I think an active cold front stalling right over us for hours sound like a nightmare, knowing how heavy the rain in a cold front can be.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted

Snippet from Steve M: the 1987 storm had a depth of 953 MB, with the core of the wind field in the SE corner, I think as it stands the storm looks to be ever so slightly weaker, however impact wise could certainly cover a large area. ** It could potentially be quite devastating **

Well you've been warned, Amanda fingers crossed for you.

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

With it till three days out, I think talk of major damage is not yet required. Now if the storm is still showing on models tomorrow, then I suspect we'll see more warnings.

However, three days is a lot of time, and even with the Boxing day snow, we saw the position of the low change by 50-100 miles to what the models were showing the night before! Caution is needed still! 

Edited by saint

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

oh, ive just clocked the weather warnings, shame its not snow though, but still nice to get some excitement here, fingers crossed it doesn't change 

Edited by Jo S
  • Like 1

Posted

Snippet from Steve M: the 1987 storm had a depth of 953 MB, with the core of the wind field in the SE corner, I think as it stands the storm looks to be ever so slightly weaker, however impact wise could certainly cover a large area. ** It could potentially be quite devastating **

Well you've been warned, Amanda fingers crossed for you.

In someways that's interesting as I missed the last great storm and would very much like to see one, but only if nobody was injured and damage was at a minimum but which could never be guaranteed.Amanda, I hope its all ok on the day.

It seems that Lowestoft escaped last night and there was minimal flooding at Southwold and Gorleston.

This morning is cold but not bitter, the wind is blowing in gusts, saw some bloke lose his whole newspaper in the supermarket car park, sheets of it were swirling round him!

As for this coming storm, if its in the daytime,i shall be working in an open field area in my little prefab shed office, :cold: :cold: so i shall be keeping an eye on the danger levels.

Posted

I see the met weather are saying possible flooding in our area Monday night plus windy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

oh, ive just clocked the weather warnings, shame its not snow though, but still nice to get some excitement here, fingers crossed it doesn't change 

It looks wintry next weekend Jo. :cold:  Something for everyone this week, sun, rain, wind, snow, sleet, hail and no DRIZZLE! lol

I'm getting very worried is it going to be as bad as 87 then

Here is a detailed forecast for next week Amanda, from the BBC. The storm looks bad, but 1987 was exceptional! http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/feeds/30761499

I see the met weather are saying possible flooding in our area Monday night plus windy

A cold front will get stuck over the SE  bringing the chance of flooding.

• Like 3

Posted

even a flurry, i would be happy seeing, fingers crossed, and thank you  :D

• Like 1

Posted

even a flurry, i would be happy seeing, fingers crossed, and thank you  :D

Hi Jo,

We may get that flurry even something more substantial, later in the day on Tuesday. Ian remarks on some settling snow is anticipated in the West Country - increased confidence to our SW. Whether anything will happen here is up to question. But a few troughs shown about on the Fax, with 528 dam line in France. :yahoo:

post-19153-0-62781600-1420990462_thumb.j

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hi Jo,

We may get that flurry even something more substantial, later in the day on Tuesday. Ian remarks on some settling snow is anticipated in the West Country - increased confidence to our SW. Whether anything will happen here is up to question. But a few troughs shown about on the Fax, with 528 dam line in France. :yahoo:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Fingers crossed here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, high winds, thunder, snow

I'm getting very worried is it going to be as bad as 87 then

If the predicted winds upgrade by about 30mph then yes but that highly unlikely, at this stage its looking comparable to the 23rd December 13 storm. Nasty yes but nothing out of the norm for a mid winter storm!

Posted

Hi Jo,

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

oh yes plz, i know we can get so close and yet so far, but alls crossed for us ,getting excited again :yahoo:

Posted

Well latest runs look to have deepened the low further...

Yup a upgrade ...

post-19153-0-69308000-1420993015.jpgpost-19153-0-03422200-1420993027.jpg

touching 90 mph gusts for the South Coast & East Anglian coastline

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

So if the coast gets 90mph wat will london see

The charts aren't showing 90mph gusts yet, but if they were, London would see 60-70mph overnight.

However, 90mph are being shown just yet.