Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted

I'm not sure that gusting 20-30 mph counts as hurricane force Daniel*. However, last time it was this warm here in the depths of winter, this place nearly got struck by a tornado, so who knows.

Sorry if this seems a silly question, but is there a reason for the rise in temperature?

Not a silly question. See Jo Farrow's blog:

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=6391;sess=

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

The top temperature today was 15.9c, then it fell to 12.8c late afternoon, now it is 15.1c ! The wind has really picked up now, might have to sellotape my knocker down for the night! Should get a door bell instead, what a racket!

Posted

Um, what about plastic plant pots, the small type?

Have a few being blown around the patio?

Who needs snow when we can enjoy our Mediterranean climate. The north can keep their white stuff.

• Like 1

Posted

eek! Lights keep dimming. It's 13.9.c now - madness! Locally, people have seen green/blue flashes - substation maybe?

Quite possibly power lines arcing as they're swaying in the wind and probably making contact with other lines.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Really windy now, just tried to have a ciggy by my back door, hair got blown all over the place, so not a good hair day, but hey, who cares  :smile:

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-43061800-1420835810_thumb.p

Fresh to strong west/north west winds

A band of moderate to heavy rain (fairly narrow) will push south eastwards during the late morning. Becoming dry and sunny behind this front.

Temperatures - Morning

21-580PUK.GIF?09-12

Still very mild - 11-13C, maybe higher in places

Afternoon

27-580PUK.GIF?09-12

5-7C so falling quickly

Overnight

42-580PUK.GIF?09-12

1s and 2s, so expect a ground frost in sheltered areas, strong winds again overnight. It looks dry though.

Sunday

post-17424-0-91576800-1420835812_thumb.p

Fresh to strong westerly wind

A fine and sunny day on the whole

Temperatures

51-580PUK.GIF?09-12

6-8C so near normal

Monday

post-17424-0-50276200-1420835815_thumb.p

Strong westerly winds

Looks like a cloudy day with rain spreading in during the afternoon, maybe clearing the north of the region before dark.

Temperatures

75-580PUK.GIF?09-12

Mild at 10-12C

On Monday the north could again get a battering, but our fun comes a little later (well some say fun, some say nightmare).

• Like 2

Posted

Quite possibly power lines arcing as they're swaying in the wind and probably making contact with other lines.

Scary. Area around the River Thames Bucks/Berks border all without power now and will be out for hours to come apparently. Kinda think this should have been a yellow warning? Drivers reporting swaying over the read as recycling caddys/bin lids are flying about causing them to swerve.

Having said that, I don't really know what the criteria is for a yellow warning?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Very windy out now, neighbours are trying to secure their fence which has come free down one side.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

My tv aerial is rattling above my head,dont think i will get much sleep tonight, but have set my alarm for 5.30am, ouch,  :closedeyes:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and wind

Can't believe its wind not snow that has brought me back to the regionals but hey ho, its exciting up here.

Katie

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and wind

Scary. Area around the River Thames Bucks/Berks border all without power now and will be out for hours to come apparently. Kinda think this should have been a yellow warning? Drivers reporting swaying over the read as recycling caddys/bin lids are flying about causing them to swerve.

Having said that, I don't really know what the criteria is for a yellow warning?!

I think we should be on a yellow herr in HW, mighty blowy out, indeed my husband had to stop on move wheelie bins twice from in the road on the way back from the shop a while ago.

Katie

Posted

just  came home don't seem to bad out  side  yet i live high up near a  river  winds not even howling yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Seems a tad calmer (not much) but still rather windy out with some strong gusts at times.

Posted

unless it was doing it earlier and i just didn't hear it on the other side of the house, the wind is blowing in quite strong gusts here now since about half an hour ago..

Posted

Yup, big gusts mid 30's and I hear some movement outside.

There's no sign of 'big totals'. Some accumulating snow looks quite likely across e.g. SW moors; Cotswolds; perhaps across to Chilterns too. But amounts don't look at all bothersome in the latest E4 diagnostics. At lower levels in the S, some transient sleety falls expected by UKMO later into Tuesday, as WBFL falls widely to circa 100m. But focus next week is the Weds-Thurs cyclogenesis event. Worth adding that latest EC clusters hint of more similar scenarios extending as a risk a fair way further on into the rest of Jan.

Courtesy of fergieweather.

BANK "sleety falls" sounds good to me... following 2 years of snow drought! :friends:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

Daniel if you are going to quote someone it is polite to give credit to that person

Quite right will be edited, I usually do. Sorry.