Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Bit of a breeze but it is dry out for now on this mild night.

Posted

It's on it's way Boggy, you will need a snow shovel instead of a globe :smiliz19: Oh :smiliz23: Forgot to say allegedly, just in case it doesn't turn up and we get drizzle instead...allegedly! :smiliz39:http://www.weatherweb.net/wxwebtv2.php

That's the one i'm referring to boggy! :smiliz19:

Lol.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

So anyone got an update for the next weeks storm?

Hi Amanda! Here is a link to a thread on net weather which I think you will find very helpful with the run up to your big day fast approaching.  At the moment the 14h looks wet and breezy, nothing out of the ordinary. However, a storm looks like hitting on the 15th, could be a bad one! Breeze picking up here and it's clouding over, mild though.  https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82226-possible-atlantic-storm-january-15th-2015/

Hope the cold spell is still showing in the models today Bogman!

Edited by lassie23

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Getting gusts in the 40's here now, just a breeze compared to up north, Stornoway has mean speeds of 74mph in the last hour. That is just mental.

Posted

Morning all, let's hope we can get rid of this mild sector overnight as quick as possible... I don't want double digit temperatures in the day until March, let alone at night!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dry, partly cloudy skies.

Very wind and mild sums it up.

I personally don't mind mild weather, my least favourite is cold and wet. Makes the cold weather feel worthless to me and hence I prefer saving money on the heating :p

Cold and dry and cold and snowy of course are good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Storm still very much on from the 06z GFS and Parallel

gfs-0-144.png?6

gfs-0-144.png?6

Still of course uncertainty on the track and strength.

Beyond that, there is enough hope for winds to veer northerly next weekend, which could possibly bring snow showers to coastal areas of East Anglia and Kent.

Storm still very much on from the 06z GFS and Parallel

gfs-0-144.png?6

gfs-0-144.png?6

Still of course uncertainty on the track and strength.

Beyond that, there is enough hope for winds to veer northerly next weekend, which could possibly bring snow showers to coastal areas of East Anglia and Kent.

Hi cs

Thank you for your updates they are very helpful , any idea how strong the winds will get here in west London ? I'm seeing 60-70mph from some charts in the mod thread .

Hi cs

Thank you for your updates they are very helpful , any idea how strong the winds will get here in west London ? I'm seeing 60-70mph from some charts in the mod thread .

Oops sorry just seen you had put unsure of strength
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy Snow

Hi folks I fear a repeat of the last "northerly" shenanigans. It will be a question of the same old same old favoured areas for snow I would be EXTREMELY surprised if we see anything remotely snow-like falling from the skies from the model output. We need a north easterly or easterly. To get snow, a northerly has to have a sustained flow of at least a couple of days to even reach us! Just seeing it as is.....

Edited by snowfish1
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Hi, the winds picking u here, all very exciting, lets hope it stays that way

Posted

Hi folks I fear a repeat of the last "northerly" shenanigans. It will be a question of the same old same old favoured areas for snow I would be EXTREMELY surprised if we see anything remotely snow-like falling from the skies from the model output. We need a north easterly or easterly. To get snow, a northerly has to have a sustained flow of at least a couple of days to even reach us! Just seeing it as is.....

Get a snow globe.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Reached a high of 12.4 today but dropped down to only 11.9 now lol.Very windy but been dry all day and a good washing day as the missus would say.Looks to be cold and mild days next week for us in SE and no sign of any prolonged cold spell and snow :wallbash: Time is starting to run out as if the next 10 days fails to produce anything for us that will be one and a half winters without seeing 1 flake of snow. Back to bad old days of mid-late 90s and early 00s!!We need that Beast from the East to show us he still exists as this set up  will deliver the goods for the SE!! 

• Like 2

Posted

Finally clouding over now after actually a half decent day with sunny spells.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

After a bright and sunny start it has clouded over and become rather dull, early dark to fall tonight methinks.  Dry but windy with some noticable gusts.

Mild at 11.3oC

Posted

Unusually cold PM air flow... would not rule out, odd wintery shower scattered about Saturday evening/night no accumulations expected with the 0C isotherm height 600-700m ASL. Lowering as night descends.

post-19153-0-75698300-1420821187_thumb.jpost-19153-0-22355700-1420821169_thumb.jpost-19153-0-50276900-1420821439_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything out of the ordinary, except extreme heat

Have been getting some quite strong gusts over the last 30 minutes or so. I have no way of measuring them other than by wheelie bin flight across the garden!

• Like 1

Posted

Plenty of sunlight today up until about 2:30 when the sun might as well have set an hour and a half early it clouded over so quickly! Walked the dog this morning without a coat and didn't regret it even with some very strong gusts. Temperature as warm as it's been all day, at 13.6 C right now.

Back at university in Reading on Monday so gutted I haven't seen any snow this winter whilst at home! 

• Like 1

Posted

hit a high of 14C today, add to that some decent sunny spells. Probably the nicest day this week.

Expects loads of "mildie" remarks  :rofl:

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Have been getting some quite strong gusts over the last 30 minutes or so. I have no way of measuring them other than by wheelie bin flight across the garden!

I fully understand your technical jargon, that's how i measure wind, as mine always gets blown over, or rattles terribly he he  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

If it is moving around whilst it is full, the you are in a gale! I go by my door knocker! If it starts knocking the door constantly on its own, then the wind is 30mph+ :whistling: My garden temp was 15.9c in the early afternoon. :shok:

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 2