Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine

Thanks just want the day to run as smoothly as possible that's all I'm worried about the people that are travelling that day not to mention the registra the caterers ect :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I give up

To be honest, the issue here is that whilst the longwave pattern is relatively straightforward to 10 days out (zonal westerly flow). The issue is that secondary systems can develop at short notice which can rapidly develop into major wind events. At this point it is very hard to predict them. The GFS has modelled this low consistently for a few runs now whilst other models do not even develop that low. Until we have consistency across the models then we cannot be sure that the event will happen and then if yes where and when the strongest winds will occur.

Probably the worst answer to here but I would rather be honest. In a couple of days this will reach the UKMO output and eventually the FAX charts which will give you the best information you can get. Otherwise there are a few forecasters (decent I might add on youtube which will give daily musing on the upcoming weather events)

https://www.youtube.com/user/WeatherSchool

https://www.youtube.com/user/GavsWeatherVids

There are also the Netweather forecast posts which can be access from the Netweather homepage.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Ignore the idiots Amanda.

See my post no. 16 and then Amanda's reply before you jump to conclusions. Rude person !!!!!

• Like 5

Posted

I was partly referring to your unnecessarily unkind wind-up post #26.

I hear the storm on the 14th is going to be a real hum dinger. Hehehe. :=).

That's plain nasty when you know someone's worried.

Back on topic. Mild and dank here most of the day, but cleared off unexpectedly late afternoon.

Edited by Crepuscular Ray
  • Like 3

Thanks just want the day to run as smoothly as possible that's all I'm worried about the people that are travelling that day not to mention the registra the caterers ect :(

Hi Amanda

I'm sure your nerves are very high atm without the added worry of the weather :( it's easy for ppl to say don't worry but I know all you want is for a perfect day ! Is there anywhere you can plan for a plan b ? Maybe get guests to come a day or so early and stay close by with friends or family ? Caterers if they can't make it maybe a local take away can help ? All that really matters is you and your hubby to be have the most wonderful day ! However it pans out rember there is ALWAYS a plan b :)

Wishing you both a wonderful day :)

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Amanda, try not to worry about it, although that's easier said than done. When all is said and done the weather will be the last thing on your mind. Even if it gets disruptive you can make fun out of it. There was that couple this year on the news whose wedding was completely rained off, but they incorporated that into their pictures and they were lovely.

Above all you are marrying the person you love. I hope it goes perfectly for you :)

• Like 5

Posted

Agreed with Lauren that's all that matters.

post-19153-0-10568900-1420584396_thumb.j

Still packing a big punch - usually such deep lows come and go but this is having some repetition ECM not having any of it, at the moment I'm not taking the output seriously best to see how we are on Monday.

One to watch but this is what 8/9 days away much can change. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

We are moving into an unsettled spell that does include the 14th, but the good news is that the GFS does over do storm intensity , so it might not be the horror show that is suggested at the moment! :smiliz19:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow heat storms and sunshine!

Amanda, try not to worry about it, although that's easier said than done. When all is said and done the weather will be the last thing on your mind. Even if it gets disruptive you can make fun out of it. There was that couple this year on the news whose wedding was completely rained off, but they incorporated that into their pictures and they were lovely.

Above all you are marrying the person you love. I hope it goes perfectly for you :)

Altogether now! Actually that makes perfect sense lol. Stuff the cruddy weather, feel sorry for some folk who tie the knot in allegedly the warmer months and get a big shock..at least six inches of snow could be memorable for all the right reasons.

Drizzle, mild westerlies or south westerlies and or boring gunk far from it :) Lauren says it all.

Off to kip now lol. Or prop up a bar. Both?

Edited by snow..chance

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

A clear and frosty start here. At least the sun should shine for a good part of the day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny Days and a little Snow.

No point worrying yourself just yet, a week away in weather terms is a really really long time and lots can change whether it be upgrades or downgrades so for now I suggest relax till the weekend then see what the outputs through up and also what the met office put out with regards warnings etc

Not really worth everyone falling out or getting into silly squabbles every couple of hours on here when someone requests a weather update.

If your wedding was Friday and you was up in the North West of Scotland then yeah I would start worrying too, but it's not you have a midweek wedding next week Amanda....try sit tight for now otherwise your make yourself unwell with worry.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

No point worrying yourself just yet, a week away in weather terms is a really really long time and lots can change whether it be upgrades or downgrades so for now I suggest relax till the weekend then see what the outputs through up and also what the met office put out with regards warnings etc

Not really worth everyone falling out or getting into silly squabbles every couple of hours on here when someone requests a weather update.

If your wedding was Friday and you was up in the North West of Scotland then yeah I would start worrying too, but it's not you have a midweek wedding next week Amanda....try sit tight for now otherwise your make yourself unwell with worry.

Indeed, though I'd add (without sounding harsh) that if nasty weather affecting a British wedding was a potential worry, holding it in mid-January probably wasn't the best idea.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon

Patch frost here first thing, then a sunny morning that was quickly cut off by the cloud moving in, milder, duller and some light patch rain/showers this afternoon, windy also now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Afternoon

Patch frost here first thing, then a sunny morning that was quickly cut off by the cloud moving in, milder, duller and some light patch rain/showers this afternoon, windy also now.

Much the same here - a rather dreary afternoon.

Posted

https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82208-model-output-discussion-stormy-period-inbound/page-8#entry3108170

Good post from Nick F highlighting the threat of *snow* showers not just excluded to Scotland, potentially on Saturday early Sunday before it warms up, generally the further south you are the more marginal, if you have that extra hike northwards say oxford northwards, parameters look rather good if you get any PPN. NW flows are not so good for us :wink: Friday/Saturday looking rather blowy yellow warning worthy... maybe but nothing on par with NW Scotland hurricane sustained winds up there. Definite stormy start to week 2.

Posted

Still dry here, but it has been cloudy since late morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Thankfully the storm seems to have gone on the 14th from all the models. Cold start here today but turned milder as the day went on.

Edited by shotski