Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Southeast England and East Anglia - Weather Chat

Captain Shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

New thread for the new year (well eventually) :p

Not much in the way of interest weather wise over the coming days with the winds mainly from the west and any storminess currently modelled to stay well north of us.

Enjoy and post away :)

Lets hope for scenes like this in the future

_65320520_robpowell.jpg

• Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow/Blizzards in Winter, Cool Summers. (I'm allergic to heat)!
  • Location: Currently Southminster, Essex (but original home town Northampton)

New thread for the new year (well eventually) :p

Not much in the way of interest weather wise over the coming days with the winds mainly from the west and any storminess currently modelled to stay well north of us.

Enjoy and post away :)

Lets hope for scenes like this in the future

_65320520_robpowell.jpg

Hmmm.... I was wondering who stole my old avatar pic from last Winter! Now i know!  :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I guess I had the same frame of mind as everyone else (googles snow in the images section). I found Tim Bland's avatar too on the same page :p

Anyway it looks like this picture is more representative of the weather coming up

windy.gif

Dark and wet here now. Another afternoon spent indoors I think.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted

I believe I just saw the sun, :blink2: but I think I might have been hallucinating...... Came out of nowhere. Whilst the weather may be relatively uninteresting in the coming days it's still amazing how unique this country is in our ability to go from heavy rain one minute then sunshine the next.

That's 2 more minutes of sun to add to the January record. Wowzers  :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Bright and sunny afternoon here, not balmy by any standards but milder than the last few days, dry but a bit more wind than earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Now drying up and temp taking a dive to 5.7, all in all it's not really been all that mild here today, hit 8+ for maybe a cupple of hours, was expecting double figures for some reason.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

When is the NAO going to go negative for bleep sake? :angry: 5.4c and clear!

Hi any update for next weeks storm or no storm ? Thanks

June weddings are best!

Posted

Nice assessment from fergie and for once the wording is not zonal onslaught, Febuary might offer the goods. :wink:

Posted 46 minutes ago

A bit of clarity re EC Monthly prognosis and expectations further ahead. The broad scheme of things sees a shift in balance re lows to NW becoming more aligned further away to the north from the UK, ultimately shifting steadily eastwards so that by turn of month they sit with centre of gravity over Scandinavia. High pressure remains strong to the south throughout the sequence (Matt Hugo's helpful tweet showed the similar GFS prognosis, as broad replica). What we ultimately get are emerging signs of a more amplified pattern, steering deeper cyclonicity further to our north and an increasing resultant likelihood of northerly/colder incursions (these characterised in latest UKMO assessment as "no signs of any exceptional weather in this context", re any severity of colder weather later in the period). So, a gradual change in pattern and resultant fortunes (probably welcome for those preferring something chillier) remains the *likely* outcome at this still rather speculative juncture. The previous post-Mid Jan GFS solutions of a few runs back, albeit impressive in continuity, were regarded with great suspicion as likely artefacts of MJO being over-cooked (as some here also suspected) and discounted, versus a better general agreement on the route forward between EC and UKMO modelling.

• Like 2

Posted

Hi Amanda,

contuining trend of a very stormy weather circa 11th extending till the 15th not looking particularly great for you, no bother going into the details at this stage, many days out. But it's still being shown with varying potencies. stay tuned.

This Saturday we might have some transient wintery showers if the showers penetrate far enough... from a cold blustery NW'ly however nothing of much significance for SE/E.

Posted

Next Thursday - not nice from the GFS (P)

204-21PUK.GIF?06-12

Mean speeds of 45-60 mph

210-602PUK.GIF?06-12

Gusts

210-289PUK.GIF?06-12

60-70mph, perhaps 80mph around the coasts.

Luckily the GFS (P) is the worst of the lot regarding this. GFS op has a shallower low and the GEM is showing nothing.

gem-0-216.png?12

gfs-0-216.png?12

Just a bit windy but nothing else.

Posted

Tad nippy out there, as soon as parked up the car I put the frost cover on as it looks set to be another cold one tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

Whatever the weather it will be fine, nothing can ruin the big day and you'll have the time of your life.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine

So roughly 70mph gusts for london then? things are not gonna go well- that's a cheek!would b great advice if things weren't booked and paid for

Posted

Amanda, just start thinking ahead and move anything planned for outside indoors, including photos.

Posted

Cold night to come with a widespread frost

nmmuk-0-13-0.png?06-18

down to -2C or so in the countryside.

Tomorrow

post-17424-0-52008000-1420575259_thumb.p

A strengthening south westerly wind

A mostly dry and bright day, though cloud will increase during the afternoon.

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-26-0.png?06-18

7-9C

Thursday

post-17424-0-14903100-1420575262_thumb.p

A moderate north westerly wind

Rain clearing to scattered showers

Temperatures

nmmuk-0-50-0.png?06-18

8-10C

Friday

post-17424-0-89147000-1420575264_thumb.p

Strong westerly wind

A mainly cloudy day with outbreaks of light rain 

Temperatures - 12-14C

ECM still says no to a wind-storm on the 15th at this moment.

Edited by Captain shortwave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

Thanks Matt - do you think there's going to be a problem with icy surfaces tonight?  Also, can I make a request, please - if anyone sees that Iceni is on this thread, could you let her know that I PM'd her last night, please?

Posted

And look on the bright side as you'd always remember the weather if it was disruptive. The best man's hat blows away. The bridesmaid was wearing supportive knickers, shown to all in an exuberant breeze. A few people can't make it.

It's still your day though, and memories are made of that. (Sorry Kodak, for those old enough to remember).

Er, 2.8c. Clear, I'd guess. Weather is all over the place.

• Like 1

Posted

Thanks Matt - do you think there's going to be a problem with icy surfaces tonight?  Also, can I make a request, please - if anyone sees that Iceni is on this thread, could you let her know that I PM'd her last night, please?

No warning out but as usual there could be ice on the paths and roads where the gritters do not travel too. 

Posted

I had a little accident around 4PM on the way home through Russia Dock Woodland, pothole caught me out while going down an incline, I think I've pulled something in my arm, going flying tipped over, with the bike tangled beneath, me was not pleasant in the slightest. Just cuts & bruise hurts the pride :wink:, frost seems to be developing here a nippy one tonight. already nearly half way through the working week. :sorry:

Edited by Daniel*

Posted

2.8oC outside now, not looking frosty (yet), can see everything is looking damp.