Sign in to follow this  
Cyclonic

Tarantula Collection

It became my hobby after my son asked me to look after his Golden Chaco Knee Tarantula as he was going away for lenghty time. Was petrified of spiders, and overcome my fear after Looking after my sons. However the Tarantula never returned back to my son as his G/F was even more petrified, so i kept it, it was from there that i fell inlove with the hobby and now have an impressive collection. Feeding them and doing enclosure maintenance can take upto 2 hours :)

Some of the feeding responses of my Tarantulas is insane, they will catch a cricket in mid flight (the arboreals (tree dwellers) tend to do this though)

Edited by Cyclonic
  • Like 1

LoL

The postie has delivered so of them, when i purchase from online Tarantulas sellers.

The box is even marked Live Stock with a tarantula sticker on it, but they always get here safe n sound :)

Spiders creep me out, but I'm strangely fascinated by tarantulas. When I was about 7 or 8, me and this girl were planning on getting married when we were older, and get a spider full of tarantulas.

Nice pics. :)

I do not particularly like spiders slight phobia - but you're collection is beautiful. :)

the webs & shedding gives me the creeps most of all, there's a rawness to 'em.

I'm glad you are looking after them well they appear healthy.

Your bird eater may not eat birds but it seems to be giving the Teddy Bear some serious thought :D

Great collection, I too love spiders( house ones that is) :)

Nice collection, do you show them at events to share the experience?

I dont show them, however i go to the BTS shows when i can (British Tarantulas Society) or other events that are on.

Here are the Last 2 Tarantulas in the collection

Both of these are very very aggressive, will not hesitate to bite and are ultra fast, they can teleport. I have had one of my Lampropelma Nigerrimums escape before now, was feeding it crickets and it bolted out of the enclosure, past my hand and onto my bedroom wall. Catching it was not that hard, i banged on the wall pretty hard and it stopped in its tracks, banging causes a huge vibration that the Tarantula can sense and will think it is prey, however bigger prey than him, hence why the escaped Tarantula stopped in its tracks and did not move. I had a catch cup ready, caught it and put the Tarantula back, i was not hurt/bitten and the tarantula was not hurt or damaged. The P.Metallica can be known to be one of the aggressive T's out there, she is my pride and joy, there are not many captive breed ones due to hard captivity breeding, but they are getting mroe popular to have in peoples collections.

efe6c06294796a19b8ff0f863a0fd0645983d847 Lampropelma nigerrimum (Sangihe Island Black)

f4547ef354b26972a43353241e246f72ba74ac87 - Poecilotheria Metallica (Gooty Saphire Ornamental) Mine is a sling/juvenile

41f11a80881c08c6d1c0b155f01d23f75000d00d  Adult Poecilotheria Metallica (this is what my P.Met will look like once matures)

Edited by Cyclonic