Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Severe Atlantic storms 8-10th January

Skullzrulerz

Posted

We will know for sure if this Storm goes South on Wednesday it will most likely get its own news channel.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

We will know for sure if this Storm goes South on Wednesday it will most likely get its own news channel.

A Discussion on next weeks potential stormy weather is right here - https://forum.netweather.tv/topic/82219-atlantic-storms-january-2015/#entry3110106

Posted

Wind still picking up here and getting quite gusty but the real strength will come later tonight and overnight as the cold front moves in, expect some very squally conditions during the fronts passage - I think a few exposed places could potentially exceed 70mph in the north and west, we've already seen 82mph for NW Wales. Shetland Isles expect storm force westerly winds later tonight gusting 80mph perhaps an isolated 90mph. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool and Stormy

Wind still picking up here and getting quite gusty but the real strength will come later tonight and overnight as the cold front moves in, expect some very squally conditions during the fronts passage - I think a few exposed places could potentially exceed 70mph in the north and west, we've already seen 82mph for NW Wales. Shetland Isles expect storm force westerly winds later tonight gusting 80mph perhaps an isolated 90mph.

Yeah, looks strong early tomorrow. I would expect 90mph at Sumburgh head or foula island.

• Like 1

Posted

Very mild now in the warm sector, 12.7c!! 

Posted

I thought I was seeing things when temp went up

Be a shock tomorrow when the cold front moves through, predicted max temps here for Saturday around 3/4c with westerly gales and wintry showers. 

Lerwick forecast for tonight into Saturdayt! Bit blowy.

post-9615-0-56166600-1420830219_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J

Posted

Be a shock tomorrow when the cold front moves through, predicted max temps here for Saturday around 3/4c with westerly gales and wintry showers. 

Lerwick forecast for tonigh into Saturdayt! Bit blowy.

attachicon.giflerwick.PNG

I hate sudden changes in temperature hope not as bad here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,wind, heat and thunderstorms

Met office warning updated again at 18:15

West to southwesterly winds will increase to bring gusts of 50-60 mph, with the risk of local 70-80 mph, the greatest risk of these stronger winds over Northern England. The public should be aware of the risk of fallen trees, structural damage and disruption to transport.

A deep depression to the north of Scotland will bring a squally cold front southeast across the country on Friday night and Saturday morning. The strongest winds are likely to occur briefly on the passage of the front, or over a period of several hours over and to the lee of high ground, which could bring very strong crosswinds to the A1 and M1.

• Like 3

Posted

Wind warning updated again! Risk of 70-80mph gusts, fallen trees and structural damage greatest risk N England. 

One step down from amber.

post-9615-0-29678300-1420832044_thumb.pn

Edited by Liam J

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Wind warning updated again! Risk of 70-80mph gusts, fallen trees and structural damage greatest risk N England. 

One step down from amber.

attachicon.gifwarn.PNG

Had 71 mph hours ago. I'm sat here thinking things have quietened down and it's still force 7 gusting to 55mph.

• Like 1

Posted

Hello guys just a check in from me. 

mental night extreme wind speeds as you know 113 mph 5 mins down the road from me and extensive damage!! 

Trees down, power lines down, buildings damage. cars flipped. windows blown out. this should have been red I feel. 

Edited by cookie
  • Like 9

Posted

mental night extreme wind speeds as you know 113 mph 5 mins down the road from me and extensive damage!! 

Trees down, power lines down, buildings damage. cars flipped. winds blown out. this should have been red I feel. 

Glad your safe agree on the red.

Posted

Trees down, power lines down, buildings damage. cars flipped. winds blown out. this should have been red I feel. 

Hope you came off OK mate, must have been insane!! Well forecast by the Meto, perhaps it should have been red becasue it doesn't get any windier than that in the UK!! But the amber warning does state there is a risk to property and life. 

Had 71 mph hours ago. I'm sat here thinking things have quietened down and it's still force 7 gusting to 55mph.

It's actually not that windy here atm but it's forecast to increase overnight as the cold front moves in bringing squally conditions. 

Posted

Couldn't understand why not to be honest. There was no reason why it wasn't. Certainly if it had been in south east it would have been. We've had red warnings for a lot less in those areas. 

Posted

Hope you came off OK mate, must have been insane!! Well forecast by the Meto, perhaps it should have been red becasue it doesn't get any windier than that in the UK!! But the amber warning does state there is a risk to property and life. 

It's actually not that windy here atm but it's forecast to increase overnight as the cold front moves in bringing squally conditions. 

I think it's a local issue with the wind coming down from the moors. I live opposite a quarry. Got a feeling people living lower down aren't having the same strong winds.